Sign in to follow this  
TRiLeZ

Guide to Implementing ABC2

Just now, FALSkills said:

Are you gaining xp?  That is an important factor. I also notice that it doesn't check XP very often, although I'm not watching my bots all of the time. I have definitely seen it in the debug, as my scripts print the abc2 action they are doing in the client debug.

Yes i am gaining xp. Smithing cannonballs to be exact. I also have mine print out what it's doing aswell.

Maybe if i have a startingExp variable inside my script would help?

Just now, montreal176 said:

Yes i am gaining xp. Smithing cannonballs to be exact. I also have mine print out what it's doing aswell.

Maybe if i have a startingExp variable inside my script would help?

It is supposed to be tracking XP in a separate thread, so having something like that wouldn't do anything (although it's nice to have in terms of tracking xp on the paint)

Returning from a long absence, looks great. My only concern is with the shouldExamineEntity() and examineEntity() methods. How often do experienced players REALLY examine random objects? I've noticed I'll right click on objects randomly and close the interface fairly frequently when bored, but almost never actually "Examine" an item/object. 

Is the frequency of this method determined by your previous player behavior analysis and the frequency that actual players examined items/objects?

Considering leaving this one out in favor of only using the shouldRightClick() and rightClick() methods if it seems too frequent.

Edited by diy

Is the checking xp functionality still necessary for OSRS? I'm not sure how long OSBuddy had had this feature but it can display xp tracking in a sidebar to the right, showing xp left to level, actions left to level based on most recent xp gain for that skill, as well as xp/hr. I would think most players of OSRS use OSBuddy, and therefore would probably have this tab open if they are skilling and care about their gains.

If this is a reasonable assumption, then I would argue that checking xp through the in game menu as probably not very typical for a human player when heavily skilling in OSRS (since OSBuddy is only available for OSRS).

Isn't it counterproductive to make people add up to 100 to make people feel safe when you literally need everything to get 100? If this is a task that does not require some of these things putting them in can make the bot more visible/slower and it's not helpful to the script. People will throw stuff in just to get their points to 100 and it wont be implemented well. 

Edited by BoredPanda29

8 hours ago, BoredPanda29 said:

Isn't it counterproductive to make people add up to 100 to make people feel safe when you literally need everything to get 100? If this is a task that does not require some of these things putting them in can make the bot more visible/slower and it's not helpful to the script. People will throw stuff in just to get their points to 100 and it wont be implemented well. 

I was under the impression that if the script doesn't need it then don't add it and you can still have abc2 lvl10 if it implements everything required but now I'm not sure after reading this:
"Refer to the first list. Beside each element is an amount of points (Pts). If your script successfully implements the element, then add those points to your score. Scores are out of 100, which determine the ABCL:"
Might have read it from abc1. Maybe if the script doesn't need it then just add the points I can't remember. Hopefully a mod can clarify

13 minutes ago, lets be friends said:

I was under the impression that if the script doesn't need it then don't add it and you can still have abc2 lvl10 if it implements everything required but now I'm not sure after reading this:
"Refer to the first list. Beside each element is an amount of points (Pts). If your script successfully implements the element, then add those points to your score. Scores are out of 100, which determine the ABCL:"
Might have read it from abc1. Maybe if the script doesn't need it then just add the points I can't remember. Hopefully a mod can clarify

That is indeed how it works. If it doesn't apply to the script then don't count it.