Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kilik392

Opinions of bots.

11 posts in this topic

You know what annoys me? People (nonbotters) on Runescape have this seemingly unending hatred of bots, like they go out of their way to to report them, or snitch via twitter to mod Weath, EVEN if the bot in question doesn't affect them personally or "ruin the economy", yet, they seem to look the other way when it benefits them. Example: Hosting at NMZ. People know DAMN well that those hosts (including myself) are bots. But they don't seem to mind. Because it benefits them, obviously. Like, when trading was updated earlier, erikho's script went down. While I was there, doing the hosting by hand nearly everyone there was crying "WHERE ARE THE BOTS?!?!? I MISS THE BOTS."

I know this post has no point but I realized this and I felt like I needed to rant somewhere.

If i was a legit player I'd be annoyed watching bots devalue my achievements and pump gp into the game, devaluing my own. 

1 person likes this

I've never really played RS legit and when I did I wasn't too aware of bots. However, I did play WoW legit for years and I honestly never had an issue with bots unless they were directly competing with me.

Edited by Encoded

bots are essential to the game, it's needed in moderation.

I'd actually be interested to see how the game would look like without bots. How item prices would be etc.

Red chins for instance back in the 'golden era' used to average 700gp ea, now they are approx 1600 ea despite having an insane amount of red chin bots. With that said Weath does go ham on these bots. What would the red chin price be in a bot-free game...

Edited by blame10

I'd actually be interested to see how the game would look like without bots. How item prices would be etc.

Red chins for instance back in the 'golden era' used to average 700gp ea, now they are approx 1600 ea despite having an insane amount of red chin bots. With that said Weath does go ham on these bots. What would the red chin price be in a bot-free game...

the game would honestly die.

a lot of bots do things people cba doing so supply would plummet, the market would just be very unhealthy

I know exactly how you feel. When I check my bots I usually find one of them being harassed by a regular player following it. spamming, "botter" and when i finally respond he spouts off about how ill be banned and so on. The account could simply be killing blue dragons and I plan on using the Dbones for prayer and hides for crafting. Not really affecting him. Annoying but it comes with the territory.

Edited by xcendrox

if bots whould go away well evrything would be 5 times expensive and new players that dont know how to earn monny wont earn monny becous they dont know how and they cant afford anything :/ and who cares about other oppion

OSRS wouldn't be this popular if it wasn't for bots tho.

if i'm being honest i think jagex are a bit lenient on bots for this reason, if they REALLY wanted to they could come down on bots so so hard.

1 person likes this