Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pinguin101

Raspberry Pi

13 posts in this topic

Anyone got one? I recently picked one up and have just been tinkering with cool ideas to do with it. Currently I have mine setup as my automation machine doing my python tasks. Built a case/bay for it in lego parts:

1.jpg

Thinking I want to add in some IRL mechanics so say my email monitor script sees something important or I'm trying to watch/monitor a campaign I'm doing then my pi could also control the lego motors and stuff lol.

Idk I'm just looking for ideas really, what sort of things have you done with your pi?

2 people like this

I have 2 just sitting on my desk doing nothing, not sure what to do with them.

That is awesome mate, I have always wanted, but then I would not be sure what to do with them...

Could they be used to run one bot? and just multiple it out so they individually run a bot farm?

That is awesome mate, I have always wanted, but then I would not be sure what to do with them...

Could they be used to run one bot? and just multiple it out so they individually run a bot farm?

They could indeed be used to run a bot, but i think it would only be wise to run one.

Thanks, although I wasn't talking about runescape bots but other automation stuff I run. But if you were to try to do a runescape bot such as tribot, I would only do 1 account since it doesn't have a great gpu and the pi 2 has like 1 gig of ram. Now you could do a cluster build if you wanted to get more power. The only benefits I could see is that you have a dedicated machine that has a sole purpose to bot and might help with power consumption.

Thanks, although I wasn't talking about runescape bots but other automation stuff I run. But if you were to try to do a runescape bot such as tribot, I would only do 1 account since it doesn't have a great gpu and the pi 2 has like 1 gig of ram. Now you could do a cluster build if you wanted to get more power. The only benefits I could see is that you have a dedicated machine that has a sole purpose to bot and might help with power consumption.

Runescape uses only CPU to render graphics.

I've thought about creating a laptop with my raspberry pi, or equally a raspberry pi tablet sort of thing, pizza box; I kind of like the thought of sitting down in Starbucks with a pizza box with a computer system inside. I'm brainstorming some ideas atm, but I feel like I'm going to follow through with the pizza box idea.

1 person likes this

Runescape uses only CPU to render graphics.

I've thought about creating a laptop with my raspberry pi, or equally a raspberry pi tablet sort of thing, pizza box; I kind of like the thought of sitting down in Starbucks with a pizza box with a computer system inside. I'm brainstorming some ideas atm, but I feel like I'm going to follow through with the pizza box idea.

Yeah I got a 10in touch screen for mine but I want to make some more modifications to it since they want you to screw the pi onto the screen. I do not want to do that, I just want to make it a simple plug the ribbon cable in and stick on. So then I can remove it easily. I already have a basic setup just need to get some velcro soon to finish it.

Yeah I got a 10in touch screen for mine but I want to make some more modifications to it since they want you to screw the pi onto the screen. I do not want to do that, I just want to make it a simple plug the ribbon cable in and stick on. So then I can remove it easily. I already have a basic setup just need to get some velcro soon to finish it.

How much you get your 10 inch screen for? I'm looking into potential displays and other accessories but none seem to be suitably priced.

How much you get your 10 inch screen for? I'm looking into potential displays and other accessories but none seem to be suitably priced.

I lied it wasn't 10" it was 7". Lol got it from adafruit: Pi Foundation PiTFT - 7" Touchscreen Display for Raspberry Pi $80

It's currently out of stock though :(

Found a 10" screen though for around ~$150 for this I think I might pick this up: 

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#!/10-universal-LCD-with-HDMI-interface-and-capacitive-multi-touch/p/42545413/category=3094861