Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

laniax

Laniax's Scripter Application

Application   4 members have voted

1. 1. Is laniax worthy of the Scripter rank?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

1) Snipplets:
- LanAPI. (my personal API) [source]
- Dynamic Signatures. [thread] [source]

2) Tutorials: n/a

3) Randoms/updates submitted: n/a

4) Scripts available to the public:

- [LAN] ChaosKiller [thread] [source]
- [LAN] Runecrafter [thread] [source]
- [LAN] ScriptTools [thread] [source]
- [LAN] ChickenKiller [thread] [source]

The following isn't really a script but it's bigger then any of the above so i am going to include it anyway:
- AdvancedWalking. (next-gen walking/pathfinding) [thread][source

5) Short biography / Coding Experience: 

I'm Laniax, 22 years old from the Netherlands. Started coding around 10 years ago setting up vanilla world of warcraft servers. Got to learn SQL and through the years i slowly rolled into C++. Ended up as a paid developer for a very large wow vanilla server around. During those years i got my degree in graphic design specializing in 3D Animation. By this time i was doing C# in my free time and started creating websites for myself and eventually many people in the relatively small town i live in, growing into a small business. Two years ago i decided i wanted something more and stopped the business to start as a medior PHP backend developer at a company in the city, at which i'm a senior now.

I joined tribot late 2013, mainly because i wanted to brush up on my java skills. I released my first script within a week and it is still updated and running today. Personally i'm not someone who engages into meaningless discussions or the 'drama' of a community, im a no-nonsense kind of guy so i only contribute where is necessary (although i do lurk the forums a lot ;) ). I always try to help anyone who has questions, which is why i started open sourcing my work early on.

6) Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter: 

I don't feel like i 'deserve' scripter, i'm not entitled to anything. I do hope i have shown the community that i write quality scripts and always try to help where i can while maintaining a mature work attitude. I think everyone wants some form of respect for their work in some way. I think i can bring some fresh ideas to the table, AdvancedWalking is one of them, but i already got drafts for a couple of other things.

7) What you plan to provide the community with: 
Of course i will continue to write and update quality scripts. But as noted above i will also work on new ideas, AdvancedWalking will be improved and i will continue to help wherever i can.

8) Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community? 

Absolutely.

Thank you for the read! if you have any questions i will gladly answer them. 

Edit:

@xCode Your right, banking#withdraw deserves an if check there. I've updated the code in question and will walk through all my other code/scripts to check them later tonight. I intentionally didn't do it on banking#close, since the script won't break if the banking fails to close, it will simply walk away in the next strategy and that will auto-close the bank interface.

Edited by laniax
6 people like this

Did not check all of your code, but most seemed decent.

One thing I want to point out though:

RSItem[] tiaraOrTalisman;            if ((tiaraOrTalisman = Banking.find(altar.getTiaraID())).length > 0) {                // found a tiara in the bank!                Banking.withdrawItem(tiaraOrTalisman[0], 1);                Timing.waitCondition(Conditions.UntilHasTiaraInInventory(altar), General.random(3000, 4000));                General.sleep(Antiban.getUtil().DELAY_TRACKER.ITEM_INTERACTION.next());                Banking.close();                // Check for talisman            } else if ((tiaraOrTalisman = Banking.find(altar.getTalismanID())).length > 0) {                // found a talisman in the bank!                Banking.withdrawItem(tiaraOrTalisman[0], 1);                Timing.waitCondition(Conditions.UntilHasTalismanInInventory(altar), General.random(3000, 4000));                General.sleep(Antiban.getUtil().DELAY_TRACKER.ITEM_INTERACTION.next());                Banking.close();            } else {                // couldn't find a talisman or tiara in the bank or inventory, stopping script.                General.println("Couldn't find a talisman or tiara in your inventory or bank. Stopping script");                LANRunecrafter.quitting = true;                return;            }

A lot of code is not checking the booleans returned by certain actions, like Banking#withdraw() and Banking#close(). They return true when they succeed and false when they don't. I see a lot of applications where people post code like above and it really bothers me. Just check wether an action succeeded or not and then choose to sleep or w/e.

Will check out more of your code when I have some time.

1 person likes this

Did not check all of your code, but most seemed decent.

One thing I want to point out though:

RSItem[] tiaraOrTalisman;            if ((tiaraOrTalisman = Banking.find(altar.getTiaraID())).length > 0) {                // found a tiara in the bank!                Banking.withdrawItem(tiaraOrTalisman[0], 1);                Timing.waitCondition(Conditions.UntilHasTiaraInInventory(altar), General.random(3000, 4000));                General.sleep(Antiban.getUtil().DELAY_TRACKER.ITEM_INTERACTION.next());                Banking.close();                // Check for talisman            } else if ((tiaraOrTalisman = Banking.find(altar.getTalismanID())).length > 0) {                // found a talisman in the bank!                Banking.withdrawItem(tiaraOrTalisman[0], 1);                Timing.waitCondition(Conditions.UntilHasTalismanInInventory(altar), General.random(3000, 4000));                General.sleep(Antiban.getUtil().DELAY_TRACKER.ITEM_INTERACTION.next());                Banking.close();            } else {                // couldn't find a talisman or tiara in the bank or inventory, stopping script.                General.println("Couldn't find a talisman or tiara in your inventory or bank. Stopping script");                LANRunecrafter.quitting = true;                return;            }

A lot of code is not checking the booleans returned by certain actions, like Banking#withdraw() and Banking#close(). They return true when they succeed and false when they don't. I see a lot of applications where people post code like above and it really bothers me. Just check wether an action succeeded or not and then choose to sleep or w/e.

Will check out more of your code when I have some time.

You don't always need to check that shit.

Yes

You don't always need to check that shit.

Yes

If you'd otherwise have to wait for at least 3-4 seconds every time you missclick, then yes, yes you should check that shit.

3 people like this