Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arctic

Potential PC Builds.

Best PC Build.   7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 PC builds are best?

• Build 1 - i5 - 4460
    • Build 2 - AMD FX - 8320
    • Build 2 - AMD FX - 6300

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

I've narrowed it down to these 3 builds with the help of a friend that knows PC building well.

Build 1 - Intel i5 build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/L4RZVn

Build 2- AMD FX-8320 build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/w3cWgs

Build 3 - Using already owned AMD FX-6300 build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G6nZVn

I have 2 HDD's totaling 1.75 TB of storage space as well as a 2 x 4 GB set of the RAM used in all 3 above builds which aren't included there.

Rationale behind the AMD builds - I play H1Z1 and with my FX-6300 and a GTX 750Ti I get around 40-90 FPS so it's more likely that the GPU is the limiting factor. Also the 240mm radiator should make up for the higher heat output on the FX series CPU's.

Please vote on which build you think is fine for the uses below.

I will typically be doing all of these at the same time.

- Running about 10 Chrome tabs.
- Running Skype & any of these 3 voice chat softwares: Teamspeak/Curse/Discord.
- H1Z1.

Or if you think you can put together a better PC for $1400-1500 AU then give it a shot using this website: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

From the little research I did, the i5 should run better than the other CPUs since most games don't make use of more than 4 cores.

So choose between either the i5 or your existing and upgrade your GPU.

I recently upgraded my GPU and still use my old first gen i5 (that is now 6 years old); went from ~20 fps in Diablo 3 on the lowest settings to ~100 fps on the highest so the CPU definitely isn't the limiting factor for frame rate, only for how many applications you can have running at a time.

Edited by Encoded

He never said the build was for running bots.......

Did you guys even read the whole post?

1 person likes this

He never said the build was for running bots.......

Did you guys even read the whole post?

oh haha removed my post lol

Highly recommend to stray away from the AMD cpus you have listed, I have a collection of friends who use all CPUs you have listed and me being the i5-4690k user, I can say I get the best performance.

I'd swap your i5 4460 with a i5 4690k and i'd swap your GPU for a gtx 970.

You'll pay roughly the same price and get so much more performance, memory literally means nothing over 4gb unless you plan on running 4k res.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-380-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

I'd hugely discourage you from paying so much for your power supply too, you can easily find a good 550w - 600w from Corsair for like $70 and save yourself a heap of money, same with the case.

Oh yea, and get a damn MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Motherboard while they are cheaper than the other Z97s.

i5-4690k + water cooling + z97 mobo+ 970 you can't go wrong,have plenty of upgradability with the SLI capability, as well as gaining yourself crazy amount of performance from your other builds.

I'm really tired, I'll review these builds later.

Edited by Liam.

Highly recommend to stray away from the AMD cpus you have listed, I have a collection of friends who use all CPUs you have listed and me being the i5-4690k user, I can say I get the best performance.

I'd swap your i5 4460 with a i5 4690k and i'd swap your GPU for a gtx 970.

You'll pay roughly the same price and get so much more performance, memory literally means nothing over 4gb unless you plan on running 4k res.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-380-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

I'd hugely discourage you from paying so much for your power supply too, you can easily find a good 550w - 600w from Corsair for like $70 and save yourself a heap of money, same with the case.

Oh yea, and get a damn MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Motherboard while they are cheaper than the other Z97s.

i5-4690k + water cooling + z97 mobo+ 970 you can't go wrong,have plenty of upgradability with the SLI capability, as well as gaining yourself crazy amount of performance from your other builds.

I'm really tired, I'll review these builds later.

Why not a R9 380X over a GTX 970? Cheaper and same amount of VRAM.

Also the R9 390 seems to perform better than the GTX 970 in most areas as well?

aJKlYaZ.png
Edited by Arctic

I've never had a good experience with AMD products in general. They've seemed to burn up pretty fast for me and other people. I'd go with Nvidia. For the CPU I can't say much on an i5. But my i7 is amazing. 

I've never had a good experience with AMD products in general. They've seemed to burn up pretty fast for me and other people. I'd go with Nvidia. For the CPU I can't say much on an i5. But my i7 is amazing. 

What products have you used?

aJKlYaZ.png

Sorry about that, I thought you was refering to a 380.

Yea if the price range is the same, go for the 390 for sure, you could push better performance with a 970 since you can overclock way better (390 is already overclocked) but that it would just about set the level the same.

That 390 is going to be running 275W in comparison to i think 140W for the 970, meaning you are going to for sure be using a lot of power in combination with your AMD cpus, and generating a shit ton of heat.

If you want reliable, power-effiency and much more cool temps, with a little less real-world performance (makes up for in overclocking) go with the gtx 970

If you don't care about your power or your temps all so much (since your cpu is water cooled) and gain a slight real-world edge, go for the 390.

Overall the 390 will be better because it is a generation newer than the 970.

If you look at in-game FPS for the 970 and 390, you will see the 970 holds a higher avg fps, include that with it being capable of overclocking, I'd recommend it,unless you are looking to use 4k res any time, then you'll need the 390 (you'd want to crossfire two of these if you ever wanted to 4k res).

@Liam. Memory is cheap though and chrome loves to hog it all.

I was referring to the GPU's VRAM.

I'd recommend getting 16gb ram if you are going to be running H1Z1 and chrome.

H1Z1 likes to eat up ram and you'll be getting huge spikes if you can't fill that appetite.

3 - 4gb for H1Z1 when in-game, plus the OS ram of around 1.5 gb plus your background applications and you'd want some breathing room, 8gb ain't gonna cut it for RAM.

Edited by Liam.

aJKlYaZ.png

That site favors Ndivia and Intel over anything AMD. I have an AMD system and it is just as good as my last, it was a i7 4770k and with gtx 970, and my currently system is a AMD 8350 under water with a GTX 970.. So it is up to personal choice, if you ask me.