Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botsallday

[BETA][Free] FlawlessEssenceMiner [Open Source]

10 posts in this topic

After releasing my flax picker script, I got started on the ess miner. The process of the scripts was pretty similar (miner was a little more complex ofc) so I was able to get this one up and running easily. Keep in mind this is in alpha, so do not go crazy and leave it afk for more than 20-30 minutes. It theoretically could run for far longer than that, but I have not been able to test it for more than 45 minutes straight so far (because I stop it to test updates, not it breaking). I would also like to say to anyone who may review the code that you may want to wait a few days. I am not ready for this to be reviewed yet. I simply want to put the alpha version out ASAP to help with testing. I am only releasing the code at this point because there are multiple threads about ess miners where people needed help. I wish to allow them to use the source as an example, though it is not finished. ABC is implemented, though I have not bothered to calculate the level. I know it is not 10 yet, but I have barely focused on ABC. Please give me any feedback you may have and feel free to use the source as this script will always be open source.

After lots of testing and upgrading, the script is ready for beta. I don't anticipate any bugs as it has been running flawlessly for over 3 hours for me. What I am hoping for out of this is to implement more antiban and any suggestions. I've updated the source and the script on the repo.

To Use : 

• Start preferably near varrock bank
  • Use GUI to select a pickaxe
  • Have pickaxe in inventory or bank, do not equip it

Features

• Tab checking antiban
  • All mouse movement antiban
  • Dynamic clicking
  • Fail safes
  • Web walking 
  • Wait conditions (no arbitrary sleeps/waits)
  • Support for all pickaxes

source: https://github.com/botsallday/flawless-ess-miner

script in tribot repo: https://tribot.org/repository/script/id/1669

Edited by botsallday
1 person likes this

There was an issue with banking. I pushed some updates that seem to have fixed it. I am still monitoring it for now.

If possible, repost the source with each update if you'd like any scripting tips. There's a lot that needs to be rewritten in your code. I know that the original source wouldn't have run. 

If possible, repost the source with each update if you'd like any scripting tips. There's a lot that needs to be rewritten in your code. I know that the original source wouldn't have run. 

It's a github link, so provided he commits/pushes every time he makes an update, the link should be up-to-date.

I'd test it if it were to support more than just a bronze pick.

Testing this, Haven't seen a flawless rune ess miner in a WHILE

Why wouldn't you just commission one?

Sorry about that, I may have forgotten to update github after the last push last night. The source currently on git should run as it is valid. The main reason for including source this early was to help others who had issue with parts of functionality that this script implements. 

It's a github link, so provided he commits/pushes every time he makes an update, the link should be up-to-date.

I'd test it if it were to support more than just a bronze pick.

I think I forgot to push the last update last night, however the current one should compile. 

Thanks for sharing bots :) will be interesting to see where this goes!

You are welcome! I think it will be interesting to see where it goes as well. I won't likely implement an incredible amount of customization / locations due to it being free, but I will definitely leave you guys with a good working free ess miner!

Being new to tribot myself, I can understand how confusing some of the API is. It is also easy being new to use the wrong convention / go against the standard simply because the "right" way to do it isn't made clear/apparent in the API docs (And it shouldnt.). I think the information is there if you know how/where to look, but I was just thinking last night that if I was new to programming as well as tribot that I wouldn't likely even have my flax picker running yet. I think it is very helpful for me to learn something if I have a good working example to tinker with. I figured by providing a "working" version of this script it would possibly help others to continue with their script progress. I had to think for a few minutes about how to achieve a task that wasn't exactly straightforward (and hunt  through the API docs) more than a few times last evening when working on this. That is the kind of thing that I think real new programmers will struggle with. For example, when leaving the mine you must use the portal. The portal is an npc rather than an object (like the ess rock). It also can either have the "Use" option (yellow portals) or the "Exit" option (white portals). Learning to get it to dynamically work for both was not incredibly easy for me, and I'm sure I could do it better. I do see this particular issue as something that would have kept me stuck for a very long time if I had tried it a few years ago.

Edited by botsallday
1 person likes this