Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

[Updated][Critical Announcement] Client Detection

202 posts in this topic

@chrismoon Were you using the standard client on them during the month of detection?

It's probably been 8 months since I've botted using the standard client.

After an update how long do you think we should give trilez to check the client so we can feel/be safe again, one to two days?

I guess it doesn't really matter, if jagex manages to become a table next then how will trilez find the table if he is looking for family members plus all the hiding spots off 5 years? He won't find the table till everyone is banned. or maybe he will if he looks hard enough at the furniture for 1 to two days?

Does trilez need a little bit off time to check after each update so that after each update he can declare the client safe, yes he has systems to detect any anormality but he can't detect jagex being a table.(just following ur analogy)

And yes now he is on the lookout for things like jagex hiding as tables even more, but that won't be immediate as you state, there has to be a time for trilez to check.

tl:dr: do you think waiting 1 to 2 days before botting on the client again after an update is necessary, or should you just start up immediatly after like 15 mins after an update?

how much time after an update does trilez need to check for client detection updates?

Client detection is a rare thing for Jagex to do, which is why it took me so long to notice it; I wasn't actively checking the client for it (excluding some automatic checks which are always performed). But now I'm actively checking the client every release for new detection code. I can scan the client for detection code very quickly, so if I don't make any comments within 24-48 hours after a client update, you can assume it's safe. And if new client detection becomes a regular thing, I'll make it so TRiBot won't load RuneScape after client updates until after I've manually scanned the client for detection code.

I won't let Jagex get away with client detection. I'll make sure your accounts don't get banned because of it.

1 person likes this

Client detection is a rare thing for Jagex to do, which is why it took me so long to notice it; I wasn't actively checking the client for it (excluding some automatic checks which are always performed). But now I'm actively checking the client every release for new detection code. I can scan the client for detection code very quickly, so if I don't make any comments within 24-48 hours after a client update, you can assume it's safe. And if new client detection becomes a regular thing, I'll make it so TRiBot won't load RuneScape after client updates until after I've manually scanned the client for detection code.

I won't let Jagex get away with client detection. I'll make sure your accounts don't get banned because of it.

Good news all around.

I can assure everyone that the client is not detectable it's not just propaganda unlike competitors may have tried to convince you. I called it out the first time we were told it was safe and it wasn't, but ever since Trilez did the second update its been 100% undetectable.

Is there a link for LookingGlass so I can learn more about it? Also, is it safe to bot using just the client, or would you recommend using LG? I have a really nice pure (botted) that I want to continue to bot, but i really dont want him to get banned if i use the client rather than LG

Is there a link for LookingGlass so I can learn more about it? Also, is it safe to bot using just the client, or would you recommend using LG? I have a really nice pure (botted) that I want to continue to bot, but i really dont want him to get banned if i use the client rather than LG

Looking Glass is for VIP-E users, I don't think you have access to much info about it until you become VIP-E but there is a forum dedicated to it. It is currently safe to bot with the client, but that doesn't mean it will always be safe. This was the first time they've added client detection in a long time according to TRiLeZ, and he says he will be checking thoroughly within 1-2 days of every update from now on and disabling the client temporarily if any flags are thrown.

No, it's not detectable. You aren't even using the TRiBot client, so how would you get detected by it?

You are getting banned because of something you are doing, or something which you are failing to do.

@TRiLeZ u fuckin srs???

Im using LG and osbuddy. So yeah I am using the tribot client. I was using runemate but it was shit so I came here where every promised LG doesn't ban but ive only had one account survive so far. Seems anything over 10h is getting banned.

@TRiLeZ u fuckin srs???

Im using LG and osbuddy. So yeah I am using the tribot client. I was using runemate but it was shit so I came here where every promised LG doesn't ban but ive only had one account survive so far. Seems anything over 10h is getting banned.

The client you use refers to the program you used to run RuneScape. In this case, you used OSBuddy to run RuneScape. You then used TRiBot to bot. All that I'm saying is that Jagex didn't detect you from how RuneScape was loaded. They caught you via behavior analysis.

By botting 10 hours, do you mean 10 hours straight?

@TRiLeZ u fuckin srs???

you're not logging into RS from tribot, so it's not client detection, it's heuristics. Bot smarter.

is any one else able to start a script after that update??

Nope start, stop, pause script is all greyed out for me

No, there is a current client issue. We are awaiting word from the admins. Please be patient.

its down because trilez said after updates he will manually scam to see if they changed detection code thats why its grey until he can verify that everything is ok

its down because trilez said after updates he will manually scam to see if they changed detection code thats why its grey until he can verify that everything is ok

Gonna check my monkfish count when I log in later

3 people like this

LG doesn't make you invincible. After about a week of monitoring my paid fletching bot 6-8hours a day, I received a 2 day ban on an account that I had created the week 07 came out. 

Let's be honest, you're never 100% safe and upgrading to LG is not going to prevent you from getting banned. Just keep that in mind before you guys start to bot longer periods of the day consistently as I did. 

Cheers and goodluck.

No idea if this has been asked already. If your account was "flagged" by being logged in to tribot, is there a chance it is still flagged? I know since the account isn't banned they probably have looked it over and it's most likely safe but I want a second opinion.

LG doesn't make you invincible. After about a week of monitoring my paid fletching bot 6-8hours a day, I received a 2 day ban on an account that I had created the week 07 came out. 

Let's be honest, you're never 100% safe and upgrading to LG is not going to prevent you from getting banned. Just keep that in mind before you guys start to bot longer periods of the day consistently as I did. 

Cheers and goodluck.

Yes obviously you still need to bot smart, but with LG I'm able to get accounts over 1500 total level easily, just don't bot the same thing for more than a few hours at a time, always mix things up.

No idea if this has been asked already. If your account was "flagged" by being logged in to tribot, is there a chance it is still flagged? I know since the account isn't banned they probably have looked it over and it's most likely safe but I want a second opinion.

I'd guess they've put a note on your account

Looks like I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say nice work @Trilez. I can appreciate the effort that it must have taken to both find and fix this. Do we know if any other major botting clients have fixed this issue yet?

I got banned for one day, and the message I received from Jagex said that I was banned specifically because they suspected me of using 3rd party software. I was using looking glass with OS Buddy.

Edited by staffevie

I got banned for one day, and the message I received from Jagex said that I was banned specifically because they suspected me of using 3rd party software. I was using looking glass with OS Buddy.

That is the standard message received for botting bans.

Could you provide more details? I am assuming that something else must have gone wrong aside from them detecting you through looking glass. It seems like everyone who was using LG has been safe from client detection. Is it possible that you may have been flagged in the past month(s) and banned only recently? Is it also possible that a bad script (or any script running for too long) could have been behind this?