Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

[Updated][Critical Announcement] Client Detection

202 posts in this topic

Banned overnight

Expect to get some delayed bans over the past few days. Jagex doesn't typically ban over the weekend. So any evidence that indicates you were botting which was collected over the weekend, or before the patch was released will result in a ban sometime this week.

may still be delectable. i ran 3 bots, 2 non looking glass 1 with looking glass. same script, same stats, same amount of legit time played & all on different ips. Sadly both not using lg were banned on first day of botting, LG is still going.

Edited by PatricioP

may still be delectable. i ran 3 bots, 2 non looking glass 1 with looking glass. same script, same stats, same amount of legit time played & all on different ips. Sadly both not using lg were banned on first day of botting, LG is still going.

That's interesting, all accounts and IP were made fresh after the patch? I still think we get "profiled" by using an "unrecognized" client and it throws you up higher on the botwatch radar. It's entirely possible you got picked up by heuristics alone.

That's interesting, all accounts and IP were made fresh after the patch? I still think we get "profiled" by using an "unrecognized" client and it throws you up higher on the botwatch radar. It's entirely possible you got picked up by heuristics alone.

TRiBot masks itself as the official RuneScape client.

TRiBot masks itself as the official RuneScape client.

Yes, I know you attempt to mask the client as the runescape client.

Yes, I know you attempt to mask the client as the runescape client.

I actually just finished re-analyzing the client on both an application and a network layer. I've sniffed all the packets the client and client pre-loader makes using Wireshark, and I've made TRiBot replicate all of those packets. There is no difference between how RS via TRiBot and how the actual RS client are loaded.

Though there was one application level flaw which signaled that a 3rd party client loaded the RS client. However, I spent all day re-analyzing this issue, and have already released the fix (9.231_8). So I'm 100% positive that TRiBot successfully masks itself as the official RS client.

3 people like this

Hey guys. I have read all of this about the new detection patch --> Looking Glass.

But how do i enable this mode on bot?. Is it New Client (Advanced)?. And do i have to open Osbuddy or RS client first?. Please tell me the ins and outs :).

Appreciated

Edited by laurens510

It was definitely still detectable before the most recent (today's) patch. I logged on an account on Tribot and didn't bot at all to test if it would get banned and it did and this was a completely unbotted level 30 account. I'll do the same thing again now that it's patched and tell you how it goes.

It was definitely still detectable before the most recent (today's) patch. I logged on an account on Tribot and didn't bot at all to test if it would get banned and it did and this was a completely unbotted level 30 account. I'll do the same thing again now that it's patched and tell you how it goes.

I had similar results with a test of my own. Made 4 accounts yesterday on 2 different and unflagged proxies, ran a series of different scripts on them in sets of 2 (they are different types of bot accounts) and had 2 on LG and 2 on tribot client., Both the tribot client accounts were banned overnight.

I actually just finished re-analyzing the client on both an application and a network layer. I've sniffed all the packets the client and client pre-loader makes using Wireshark, and I've made TRiBot replicate all of those packets. There is no difference between how RS via TRiBot and how the actual RS client are loaded.

Though there was one application level flaw which signaled that a 3rd party client loaded the RS client. However, I spent all day re-analyzing this issue, and have already released the fix (9.231_8). So I'm 100% positive that TRiBot successfully masks itself as the official RS client.

How easy is it for Jagex to alter their official client and leave Tribot detected again? 

@TRiLeZ is this an issue that is likely to be recurring, or is it more of a 1-time fix?  As in, could jagex potentially sneak in a new, yet similar, form of detection with every weekly update (or more frequently if they wanted to)?

Thanks for all of the time you've had to put into this recently!

1 person likes this

Banned in 5 minutes without even starting the bot, do not use tribot client right now. It is not safe, Jagex is a step ahead still. Looking glass is your only shot of not getting caught!

1 person likes this

@TRiLeZ I've notice some things which I personally believe to actually ADD to getting caught and I was wondering if these are things you're addressing with ABC2:

When depositing, even for unique items in your inventory (say, you have one and only one whip in your inventory after an abby demons task), it will right click and deposit all, rather than simply left clicking the item.

When checking skills, it will at times check skills that have not been leveled at all (0/83XP).

Also, if you're taking suggestions:

Humans get distracted. Sometimes totally switch focus. I know I do, with ADHD. Perhaps a randomized idle timer might lessen ban rates?

This isn't related to ABC, but rather the break timer. Excluding situations where your character can be attacked, I don't know many people who take breaks from runescape by clicking log out immediately when the idea pops in to their head. Most just leave their computer and let the afk timer do its work.

1. Yes.

2. That's a problem with the script. This shouldn't be done as I've outlined.

3. We already have that.

4. ABC 2 will idle occasionally.

How easy is it for Jagex to alter their official client and leave Tribot detected again? 

@TRiLeZ is this an issue that is likely to be recurring, or is it more of a 1-time fix?  As in, could jagex potentially sneak in a new, yet similar, form of detection with every weekly update (or more frequently if they wanted to)?

Thanks for all of the time you've had to put into this recently!

It's more of a 1-time fix. There are many different ways to detect bots via the client, but it's very easy to write code which avoids all of Jagex's detections. So basically Jagex would be wasting tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to fight bots via client detection, only to have a limited effect. Jagex's resources are better spent writing server side software which analyzes the playing patterns and behaviors of users (BotWatch), and I think they already know that. This is why I've developed ABC, character profiles, human mouse, etc.

Banned in 5 minutes without even starting the bot, do not use tribot client right now. It is not safe, Jagex is a step ahead still. Looking glass is your only shot of not getting caught!

TRiBot is safe to use right now. You weren't banned because of client detection. Also, I'd recommend that you don't use scripts to run through tutorial island because those are very easy for Jagex to profile. I see that you use ExTutorial very often.

3 people like this

You botted 8.5 hours on a 1 day old account? No surprise you are banned. I dont think it had anything to do with your input, i do this pretty often aswell. Please read threads about botting. Your banrate will decrease. My tip is to start botting for a couple hours a day with breaks, and do some quests legit. Do not bot more than 6-8 hours a day and don't do the same thing over and over again. But there are plenty of threads about this. 

Edited by cvd7171

@TRiLeZ My account got banned for 2 days because of client detection though.

4 week old account, max 6h/day of botting with premium script with breakhandler enabled, questpoint count of 14, and so on ...

Was on looking glass since i don't bot without it.

Nc0Twz2.png

Edited by nitoh

You botted 8.5 hours on a 1 day old account? No surprise you are banned. I dont think it had anything to do with your input, i do this pretty often aswell. Please read threads about botting. Your banrate will decrease. My tip is to start botting for a couple hours a day with breaks, and do some quests legit. Do not bot more than 6-8 hours a day and don't do the same thing over and over again. But there are plenty of threads about this. 

They wouldn't ban purely because of suspecting behavior, would they? They should have got some evidence, right?

Grinding one skill for 8,5h is not so impossible for a human being..

Also I did 2 quests on that account..

Edited by Jonagold

4 week old account, max 6h/day of botting with premium script with breakhandler enabled, questpoint count of 14, and so on ...

Nc0Twz2.png

Why are you posting this here? Your ban was through LG. 

Edited by blame10

Why are you posting this here? Your ban was through LG. 

The client uses looking glass and this thread is still about 'client detection'.

They wouldn't ban purely because of suspecting behavior, would they? They should have got some evidence, right?

Grinding one skill for 8,5h is not so impossible for a human being..

Also I did 2 quests on that account..

We don't know exactly how jagex detects bots. But botting for that long on a single skill on a fresh account and getting banned for doing so surprises nobody. It seems that especially fresh made accounts are more likely to get banned. And i dont know if u used breaks? because 8.5 hours playing without breaks isnt human like. 

Maybe you got reported a couple of times? 

Im confident is hasn't anything to do with using the tribot client. 

Edited by cvd7171

The client uses looking glass and this thread is still about 'client detection'.

Thought Trilez made it pretty clear that LG is unaffected by the client detection. This whole thread is regarding the normal client.

@nitoh

Your account got banned because you botted, not because the client is detected.

Edited by TacoManStan
1 person likes this