Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dukat

Tips on making a lasting account Part I

13 posts in this topic

If you're only going to reply saying how inefficient or wrong this is, don't bother. If you're going to make a constructive argument for your reasons, then by all means do so.

Tips on making a lasting account Part I

This is an effective means of making your accounts last longer and avoiding BotWatch when used in conjunction with Looking Glass and breaks (optional) 

I have a current project going on in the VIP section where I have managed to attain 94 mining running 24/7 with no breaks after using the tips in this guide.

Requirements: An hour or so free time and a Netflix account (optional)

Tutorial Island

Do tutorial island by hand, BotWatch is very sensitive here and if we've learned anything from the RuneMate scandal, it's that tutorial island scripts are banhammers. If you run a large scale farm that you generally suicide (à la yews or Blast Furnace) obviously this is impractical and can be skipped.

Keep your net, axe and pickaxe.

Questing

(EDIT: 15/12/15 - @Final Calibur's Quester is a viable alternative to hand-questing.)

Do Cook's Assistant by hand after completing tutorial island. There's a reason for this which will be revealed in the next step. 

Note: You can trade yourself the materials on another account but this way your account is more 'clean' and independent looking, not to mention how crucial this initial human activity input is to throwing off bot detection.

Instructions: Pick up the pot from the table in Lumbridge castle kitchen, go into the basement and take a bucket. Go to the cow pen and milk a cow for a bucket of milk. 

Run west to the chicken pen for an egg. Go north-west past the general store and sheep pen to the windmill and pick some grain, go upstairs and and add grain to hopper, pull the lever and go downstairs and use your pot on the grain thing in the middle of the room (I can't remember what the bottom part is called)

Optional: As you leave the windmill, go south and start the Sheep Shearer quest by talking to the farmer in his house. Pick up the shears on the table or buy them from the general store. You can use these to do sheep shearer now or later. There's no reason you can't walk back to Lumbridge, passing the sheep pen on the way. Shear 20 sheep and spin the wool into bools of wool on the second level of Lumbridge castle. Take the balls of wool back to the farmer. Quest complete. You're now level 3 crafting.

Tip: The chicken and cow pens near the windmill are way less populated and botted than the ones nearer Lumbridge castle. You should consider doing your low-level combat training here instead, or preferably Falador farm on a member's world.

Go back to Lumbridge, you can walk or home tele, and give the items to the cook. Quest complete. You can now use the range.

Levels

Level a few skills by hand after doing tutorial island. You can take your small net and head to Lumbridge swamp, fish shrimp, walk back to Lumbridge and cook them on the range and bank them upstairs. This gives you quick and easy fishing and cooking levels off the bat.

By the time you're level 8 fishing and 13 cooking you will have a total level of 50 and 2 Quest Points. You can use the shrimp to train low-level combat or continue as a skiller. I highly recommend getting those combat levels, though. If you're following these steps to make a less suspicious mule, then you can skip combat entirely.

Membership

I would recommend waiting a few days before becoming a member as to not waste your membership and to make yourself look like a legitimate player discovering RuneScape. (Of course I'm aware returning players will become members on day one and complete Waterfall Quest, etc) but for the purposes of this guide you're a noob. In this time, get some woodcutting and mining levels. There's a mine in Lumbridge. There are some other quests you can do in the meantime too, such as:

Doric's Quest (very short)

Requirements: If you wish to mine the iron ore, a mining level of 15.

Items needed: 6 clay, 4 copper, 2 iron ore and a pickaxe or about 500 coins. I bought the items from the GE or traded them over from another account for my miner.

Instructions: Take the items to Doric north of Falador.

Reward: 1300 mining XP

I would also complete The Knight's Sword by following a video guide on YouTube, as this gets you from 1-29 smithing. Medium length quest, around 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

Conclusion:

j6qE71G.png

QEBXDjX.png

Let me know what you think. I might add to this or do a Part II if there's a demand for it.

Edited by Dukat
3 people like this

I like the idea, but this part is not the most informative. It's pretty much just saying do tutorial island and some quests. I understand the specific method you've described is part of appearing to be a noob, but I think it's better to simply focus on convincing jagex you are a legitimate player more so than a noob. I'd like to see more.

Edited by zawmbee

I like the idea, but this part is not the most informative. It's pretty much just saying do tutorial island and some quests. I understand the specific method you've described is part of appearing to be a noob, but I think it's better to simply focus on convincing jagex you are a legitimate player more so than a noob. I'd like to see more.

The focus isn't to appear as a noob, the focus is on how important doing some things by hand and doing quests and leveling etc is before diving straight into your preferred botting method. 

I went into more detail in my VIP thread, but this is more of a brief introduction for the general section and gives people starting off or people who are having a hard time keeping their accounts alive something else to think about.

EDIT: I might continue using this account for Part II, even though I was intending to use it as a mule or merch bot.

EDIT2: I have made some minor corrections and expanded where needed.

Edited by Dukat

Right before i basically quit gold farming, i hired multiple done-by-hand tribot users to make me 10-15 (in total) accounts with 300-500 total level and decent combat. I then proceeded to bot these accounts at air orbs.

I understand that air orbs are high ban rate, but all 15 accounts got banned within 1 week of starting their 8-10 hours a day botting on fresh proxies 1:1 proxy to account ratio. One of them got banned after 8 hours of botting.

Im not saying that this means its pointless to level stats, its also a small sample set, but out of the 30-50 accounts ive made for air orbs, it seems there was nearly no difference in ban rates between hand made high total level accounts and straight up to the point goldfarm accounts. 

Perhaps questing is the difference! Who knows...

Right before i basically quit gold farming, i hired multiple done-by-hand tribot users to make me 10-15 (in total) accounts with 300-500 total level and decent combat. I then proceeded to bot these accounts at air orbs.

I understand that air orbs are high ban rate, but all 15 accounts got banned within 1 week of starting their 8-10 hours a day botting on fresh proxies 1:1 proxy to account ratio. One of them got banned after 8 hours of botting.

Im not saying that this means its pointless to level stats, its also a small sample set, but out of the 30-50 accounts ive made for air orbs, it seems there was nearly no difference in ban rates between hand made high total level accounts and straight up to the point goldfarm accounts. 

Perhaps questing is the difference! Who knows...

It could also be the method in which the for-hire account builders/trainers used to do tutorial island and if they used a proxy for creation, and so on so forth. If you're flagged on tutorial island you could be set for a delayed ban regardless of what you do after. Maybe the script and method of goldfarming too.

Edited by Dukat

The accounts that were made fully bottled were banned within the same amount of time as the accounts made by hand. And the accounts made by hand had no reason to be flagged prior to when they started hitting.

The account builder is very trusted.

tbh i think quests on a fresh account play a big part, idc if people are saying that they don't.
you can just baby sit the quest bot if you really cbf.

i'ma add what i do if you don't mind? 

1. i do tut island and get a combat skill to 20. ( normally range )
2. if put a bond on the account, ill do waterfall straight away, giving me 30 atk and str.
3. i then do fight arena, vamp slayer and tree gnome for 39-41 atk 

4. if i get any exp from quests for a skill i'm about to do, eg: dorics, knights sword, the herb quest, all the easy novice quests that take less then 10 minutes to do.
5.by this stage i have a few levels from quests so i can either go and start skilling or what i would tend to do more often then not is go and get 50+ in all combat skills.

if i don't put a bond on the account, ill get 20 str and range at chickens by hand, do the f2p skill quests along with vamp slayer, start leveling f2p skills to 40. 
once i have all skills to 40 i'd main a certain skill so i can get bond money.

i just wanna point out this is something that has worked for ME, it might not work for YOU. it's all about trial and error, trying to find the best method for you.

Maybe this will help you successfully bot a account, maybe it wont, all depends on how you bot really. :) 

Edit: this is all on LG and with proxies btw. 

Edited by smurfs14

@Dukat Tutorial island bans depend on two things. The first being that the script might have outdated antiban or was poorly made. The second being that your IP was flagged. This used to be a problem because people would create too many accounts in a short time frame on a single IP. Since you can't auto-create accounts anymore, this is no longer an issue.

The reason why I'm saying this is because I ran @erickho123's script on 50 new accounts using 5 VPS (5 different IPs) and the accounts are still unbanned 2 weeks ago from this day. I also created 220 accounts using those 5 VPS 1 day prior to running erickho's script. Erickho's script is well made and safe to use.

Also, it's worth noting that erickho was aware of the IP flagging after account creation, thus the update allowing users to specify the delay between the auto account creation.

Edited by Flamo353
1 person likes this

@Dukat Tutorial island bans depend on two things. The first being that the script might have outdated antiban or was poorly made. The second being that your IP was flagged. This used to be a problem because people would create too many accounts in a short time frame on a single IP. Since you can't auto-create accounts anymore, this is no longer an issue.

The reason why I'm saying this is because I ran @erickho123's script on 50 new accounts using 5 VPS (5 different IPs) and the accounts are still unbanned 2 weeks ago from this day. I also created 220 accounts using those 5 VPS 1 day prior to running erickho's script. Erickho's script is well made and safe to use.

Also, it's worth noting that erickho was aware of the IP flagging after account creation, thus the update allowing users to specify the delay between the auto account creation.

Good points. At the time this was written there was only one working account creation/tutorial island script and that was Usa's. Obviously the account creation was patched at that point with the addition of recaptcha. I've yet to try Erick's and didn't even know he had one until you pointed it out. It's also worth noting Final Calibur's Quester can now replace the quest portion of this 'noob's guide'

IP flagging was never an issue for me, but I read that they were heavily scrutinizing tutorial island, and even Weath said they'd rather flag all potential bots before they even got started.

It's not an extensive guide, just some tips that certainly would've helped me/saved me time during my first few weeks of botting.

I've yet to try Erick's and didn't even know he had one 

Erick's script has been around since august 2014, and is probably one of the most helpful scripts on tribot.

2vwUDWa.png