Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Flax

[Tutorial] How to Setup a VPS for Botting! [Debian 7] [Very Easy!]

openlogo-50.png Debian 7.0 VPS Setup Guide for TRiBot Botting. openlogo-50.png

By: Flax

Hey guys today I'm going to show you how to setup a VPS for TRiBot botting, I'm making it because I got so many questions from people about this & most VPS guides here are pretty outdated.

Make sure your VPS operating system is Debian 7 32 or 64bit, or else this guide will not work for you!

Okay, let's begin.

First off you'll need these programs:

PuTTy

TightVNC Viewer

Once you've downloaded those files we can begin setting up your VPS.

Step 1: Open PuTTy and enter your IP and click connect (You should keep the port 22)

6ae48e732cca7a43cc275cb8698355e7.png

Step 2: Now a command prompt will pop up and it'll ask you for a username, Type ' root ' and after that it'll ask you for a password, type in the password that was given to you by your VPS provider.

Step 3: Now you should enter the following commands one-by-one, it can take awhile to install depending on the speed:

apt-get update
apt-get install curl
curl https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jabcbltmn5fuevx/install.sh | sh
apt-get install iceweasel

Step 4: After that's done you should be able to connect with the VPS through TightVNC.

REMEMBER: MAKE SURE TO ADD :1 BEHIND THE IP.

Vg4AdbS.png

This is how it should look:

Spoiler

94624a6b89e966995ce4340eeee63fdf.png

Once connected, you can download TRiBot/OSBuddy via the Iceweasel browser(similiar to Firefox).

If you're unable to open TRiBot, try this:

Spoiler

1. Right-click TRiBot

2. Click Open With

3. Click on 'Custom Command Line'

4. Type: 'java -jar' without the quotations.

5. All done, you should be able to open Java files now.

Looking for cheap VPS deals and don't know where to look? Check out Lowendbox, FinalHosting

• Like 6

openlogo-50.png Debian 7.0 VPS Setup Guide for TRiBot Botting. openlogo-50.png

By: Flax

Hey guys today I'm going to show you how to setup a VPS for TRiBot botting, I'm making it because I got so many questions from people about this & most VPS guides here are pretty outdated.

Make sure your VPS operating system is Debian 7 32bit/64bit, or else this will not work!

Okay, let's begin.

First off you'll need these programs:

PuTTy

TightVNC

Once you've downloaded those files we can begin setting up your VPS.

Step 1: Open PuTTy and enter your IP and click connect.(You should keep the port 22)

6ae48e732cca7a43cc275cb8698355e7.png

Step 2: Now a command prompt will pop up and it'll ask you for a username, Type ' root ' and after that it'll ask you for a password, type in the password that was given to you by your VPS provider.

Step 3: Now you should enter the following commands one-by-one, it can take awhile to install depending on the speed:

apt-get updateapt-get install curlcurl https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jabcbltmn5fuevx/install.sh | shapt-get install iceweasel

Step 4: After that's done you should be able to connect with it via TightVNC. Make sure to add a :1 after the IP. 

Gr34ye.png

This is how it should look:

94624a6b89e966995ce4340eeee63fdf.png

Once connected, you can download TRiBot/OSBuddy via the Iceweasel browser(similiar to Firefox).

If you're unable to open TRiBot, try this:

1. Right-click TRiBot

2. Click Open With

3. Click on 'Custom Command Line'

4. Type: 'java -jar' without the quotations.

5. All done, you should be able to open Java files now.

If you need extra help or couldn't figure out how to do it, add me on Skype or PM me.

I'm thinkin bout setting up several VPS's eventually. I was looking at digital ocean, and it looks like there's more to the set up than described in this thread. Can you validate that I don't have to do all of this junk that they list here. Also, take a look at their pricing. If I'm going to run 1 client on each vps, I imagine that all I'd need is the 512mb/1 core for $5. What do you think?

Any suggestions for better service/prices?

I'm thinkin bout setting up several VPS's eventually. I was looking at digital ocean, and it looks like there's more to the set up than described in this thread. Can you validate that I don't have to do all of this junk that they list here. Also, take a look at their pricing. If I'm going to run 1 client on each vps, I imagine that all I'd need is the 512mb/1 core for $5. What do you think?

Any suggestions for better service/prices?

My guide should be working with DigitalOcean. And yeah you should be able to run 1 regular client on their lowest plan. It could lagg a bit since they only have 512mb ram. 

I recommend looking for deals on lowendbox, usually great deals are posted there. Make sure to read the Terms of Service to see if they allow botting or else they will probably suspend the VPS.

@Flax Is it possible to connect via vncviewer for iOs btw?

I'm getting this weird error "Too many authentication failures"...even though I only connected to it once until I close it to connect again...any idea why? :o

UPDATE: Seems like its because too many attempts from connection elsewhere lol, Isreal, Nederlands, USA, ChIna. Any idea how to block them or remove the login attempts? Its annoying having to restart all the tribot clients for LG everytime I connect to the VPS :(

Edited by HerpDerp93

Hey @Flax - Here's the code to add to your script that will download tribot and osbuddy to the desktop:

#Download tribotcurl -k -o ~/Desktop/tribot.jar https://tribot.org/bin/TRiBot_Loader.jarchmod +x ~/Desktop/tribot.jar #Download osbuddycurl -k -o ~/Desktop/OSBuddy.jar http://cdn.rsbuddy.com/live/f/loader/OSBuddy.jarchmod +x ~/Desktop/OSBuddy.jar

Removes the need to manually download both via the browser.

Edited by Will
  • Like 1

Worked perfectly for 2 days. Then I decided to reboot my vps cause it was running slowly. After reboot, I am unable to connect via Tightvnc anymore. Can still connect via Putty. Any ideas what I should do?

Open up PuTTy and connect with your VPS, after that just type:

vncserver

Once you've done that you should be able to connect via TightVNC again.

Edited by Flax

thanks that worked, is there a way to make the tightvnc start automatically each time the server reboots so i dont have to use putty every time?

@briareos2285 You have to start tightVNC as a service, then have that autorun. Googling something along those lines should point you in the right direction.

I would pull the code out of my setup guide, but I fear it may mess up your current server setup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fluffee
      Fluffee's Server Setup 3.0
      As some of you may know, I released an automated server setup script a little over a year ago. Albeit that script worked well, I was never fully satisfied with it, as I found it to be kind of messy to use. As a result, I rewrote the script, and restructured it, to add more, and stronger support for the different versions of Debian, the different versions of CentOS and the different versions of Ubuntu. However, with so many different Operating Systems being supported, and many different server providers having different setups, it's hard for me to test every possible scenario on my own. Which is why I've been privately handing this script out, and am now publicly looking for help.

What does the script do?
      Similar to my previous setup script, this script changes the SSH port and creates a new user for connecting and using the server and disables root SSH connections; it installs the latest version of TightVNC Server (1.3.10) and sets that up with the desired port and password. It installs JDK 102 (32 or 64 bit depending on the OS), and installs TRiBot and OSBuddy and sets up the appropriate .jar file associations.
      What operating systems does it support?
      - CentOS (6.x and 7.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      - Debian (7.x and 8.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      - Ubuntu (12.x, 14.x and 16.x) (32 and 64 bit)
      Does it work?
      As far as I know, yes it does in fact work, and it works well if I might add. However, given that I can't test every possible setup, there is the potential for differences and issues
      How do I run the script?
      Login as root to a fresh VPS/dedi running one of the supported operating systems. From there run the commands listed below and follow the onscreen instructions. For those who would like to see the script's code, it can be found on my bitbucket here. The commands to run are as follows:
      wget --no-check-cert https://bitbucket.org/teamfluffee/fluffees-server-setup/raw/add-shared-functions/fluffees-server-setup.sh && chmod +x fluffees-server-setup.sh && bash fluffees-server-setup.sh -v Version History

• By mrcolour
      Hello!!
      I'm sure there's already a forum post for this, but I can't seem to find it.
      I'm new to botting and needed help getting everything up and running. I've logged in with the tribot client, but don't understand how to load a script that I activated on the site.
      Any help would be appreciated!
    • By TRiLeZ
      This release will:
      Fix Settings UI placement bug Fix game object location bug Fix small layout bug making the client shift up and down Fix client crashing bug where loading the client with a small display area will cause the client to crash Fix annoying Linux bug relating to painting events and peers Fix settings saving bug where settings are saved to disk more often than they should Fix RSInterface#isBeingDrawn bug affecting a limited amount of people Drop Java 1.7 bytecode version for 1.8 Important: Since the downloadable RS client uses Java 7, it will no longer be compatible with Looking Glass. To make up for this, we will add support for using other clients such as RuneLite (at a later date). This change was necessary to allow us to use Java 8 syntax. It also paves the way for Java 9/10/11 support. Edit: Release 9.312_1 will:
      Fix LG GZIP error Fix Client Starter for Linux ?
    • By Fluffee
      How to Run Most Applications Through a Proxy on both Windows and Linux
      Windows Instructions
      Note: Chrome and Firefox portable do not work with WideCap.
      1. Download WideCap from here (http://widecap.ru/en/download/)
      2. Run through the installer, and launch WideCap, you should see this screen.

3.Go ahead and click on Settings (First option under the Widecap section on the left hand side). Then uncheck the box that says Run with system startup.

4. Now go ahead and click on New proxy (First option under the proxies section on the left hand side).
      5.You should see this screen, in the top field enter the IP address and port (IP:Port format). Confirm that the protocol is set to SOCKS v5 (which is the default), and tick the box for Authentication if necessary. If using an authenticated proxy, enter your username in the login field, and obviously your password in the password field. Then hit the Create New button, next to Chain, and type in a name for your Proxy, then Hit OK

6. Now that you're back to the main screen, click on the Proxy List section (Second option under the proxies section on the left hand side). Right click on your newly added proxy, and click check selected, to make sure you entered all the information correctly. If the status field rolls over to OK, you're good to go, and can move on to the next step

7. Find WideCap in your System tray, right click, and uncheck the box that says Enable Widecap.

8. Click on View Programs (Second option under the Programs section on the left hand side). Then drag and drop the icon for the application you want to proxify (run behind a proxy) into WideCap. WideCap supports the proxifying of both .exe and .jar files!

9. Right Click on your newly added program, and click on Modify Application, you should see a similar screen depending on what you added. Then click on Create New... (to create a new rule)

10. In the Chain tab, select the Proxy Chain you created earlier, then under the Main tab, give your new rule a name and hit OK. Then Hit OK again on the modify Application screen.

11. Hit Apply and OK in the main window of WideCap, and then find it in your System Tray again, but this time click the box to Enable Widecap
      12.Open your Proxified application, and check to see if the proxy worked! If your IP is changed, congrats, you've got WideCap working!
      Linux Instructions (Based off of a Debian Installation)
      1. Open a new terminal and run this command
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y proxychains 2. Now that proxychains is installed, we're going to go ahead and create a user specific configuration file. To do this, we'll make a directory, then copy the standard proxychains configuration file to it and change the ownership of the configuration file to your user. Run the command below as your user.
      mkdir ~/.proxychains/ && cp /etc/proxychains.conf ~/.proxychains/proxychains.conf && sudo chown ${USER:=$(/usr/bin/id -run)} $HOME/.proxychains/proxychains.conf && sudo chgrp ${USER:=$(/usr/bin/id -run)} $HOME/.proxychains/proxychains.confroxychains.conf 3. Once the command is finished, open the proxychains config file in your favorite Linux text editor, for ease of use, I'm going to use nano. To install nano run this command
      sudo apt-get install -y nano To edit the proxychains config file, with nano, run this command
      nano ~/.proxychains/proxychains.conf 4. Now, what you'll want to do is scroll all the way down to the bottom, and you should see something like this

That last line that says
      socks4    127.0.0.1    9050
      That's the line we'll be editing. Firstly, we'll go ahead and erase everything on that line, don't worry we'll put it back. The format for the configuration file is
      Proxy Type(lowercase) (tab) IP address (tab) Port (tab) Username (tab) Password
      Therefore if your proxy was a Socks5 proxy, with an IP of 192.168.1.1, a port of 1080, a username of Fluffee and a password of TRiBot, your final line would look like this:
      socks5    192.168.1.1    1080    Fluffee    TRiBot
      So, go ahead and modify your last line to fit your own proxy and then hit Control+X to exit, and then hit Y to save (instructions are based off of using nano to edit the file).
      5. Proxychains is now setup, but how do you use it? Go ahead and VNC into your Server and open a terminal, or open a Terminal inside your Desktop Environment (if using Linux installed on a PC). From there run the command proxychains followed by the application you would like to run, or the path to the application. For example, try running, if you have Firefox installed:
      proxychains firefox Then navigate to an IP checking website, and see if your proxy worked!
      That concludes the tutorial on how to use a proxy with Oldschool or any browser, on both Linux and Windows. If you have any questions feel free to post in the comments!
    • By Fishies
      I'm having an issue on my linux server where I connect with VNC, startup the client and script and everything works fine. Even when I close out of the VNC my bot continues to run fine, but when I log back into the VNC (to checkup or whatever) it crashes the client and logs the bot out. I have all power management settings turned off, and have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. It dosn't disable my farm, but is extremely annoying having to restart the client every time I want to check up on the bot. Thanks!
    • By r0ot
      I've nearly got TRiBot running on an Ubuntu machine but have run into an error with the loader.  When I run the loader for the first time and it populates the dependencies folder, the file togl.dll get's downloaded instead of libTOGL.so which TRiBot.jar eventually looks for.  Error looks like this:
      Loading TOGL Loading: /home/<user>/.tribot/dependancies/libTOGL.so Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library /home/<user>/.tribot/dependancies/ibTOGL.so Inside my dependencies folder there's a file called togl.dll.  The bug report forum says I need to post here before I can post there.
    • By DevSuV
      Hey Guys so iv been trying to open the TRiBot Launcher on my server 
      I have Fedora 27 installed as my OS and i have run other clients on it that of course need java so I can  say its functional !
      Here are some screenshots of the error i get 
      1.)https://gyazo.com/122b54552659d842f0d6298c0cf8f2c0
      2.)https://gyazo.com/c626fe77a4e3248cf649de62b950bdc3
      3.)https://gyazo.com/2c17595148297f4e5f741088b9c673e1

What could possibly cause those errors ? What do u guys suggest me to do about it ?
    • By piratejack
      Hi Peeps,
      Just downloaded TRiBot_Loader.jar on linux (ubuntu).  I've set this jar to allow executing as a program.  I have OpenJDK Java 8 Runtime set as the default app to open the jar.  Whenever I try to launch the jar by double click, nothing happens.  Whenever I try launching through terminal (using this command: java -jar TRiBot_Loader.jar) I get the attached error. 

Would really appreciate some pointers (probs a noob mistake but can't figure it out),
      Thanks

EDIT:  Figured it out, need to use oracle java rather than open.  See: 

• By we trippy mane
      Looking glass really helps prevent bans. They updated it though so it took me 3 hours to set it up this time while way back it took 10 min max. The issue was 32 vs 64 bit version's of everything. my guide if you want to start looking glass. Link looking glass with osbuddy. Get's complicated. did you download the 32 bit version of osbuddy? Also the 32 bit 102 jdk? and Are you opening tribot with jdk? also make sure you have 32bit version of java. Took few hours for me to figure this out. I had to delete literally everything and redownload everything the right way to make it work. Also fluffee's advice helped me. His thread is
      So here's 
    • By Fluffee
      Fluffee's TRiBot Account Adder v1.00 (Coded in AutoHotKey)
      I was getting sick of adding accounts manually, so I coded this in AutoHotKey. It reads account usernames, passwords, bank pins and rewards from a text file. As well as reading the world you want the account to use from a separate file (so you can loop the f2p worlds).
      To run the program, create a text file for your account formatted as follows:
      AccountUsername:Password:BankPin:Reward
      (e.g. Zezima:hacked:0000:Agility)
      You can leave out the Bank Pin and reward by just not including them, however rewards will not work without a bank pin.
      To format the worlds list, make a list as follows:
      etc.
      I'm aware this will probably be buggy as I coded it in like 20 minutes at 1AM, but hopefully it works for some!

To start the bot:
      Load up Fluffee's TRiBot Account Adder.exe, or .ahk whichever, insert the full path to your files (i.e. C:\Users\John\Desktop\Accounts.txt)
      Hit Start to save the paths
      Then Open TRiBot, go to the Account Manager, hit Add then hit F1 on your keyboard (F1 is the hotkey)
      Message me with any problems you have, it does work! Well it should anyways!
      NOTE: If you do not have AutoHotKey installed, download the .exe
      Hope it helps
      Virus Scan of both files:
      .exe https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2267c37e5e2c19ab08f4bc545e3d6b8eed663d0894f2f9ecf61562f325695c54/analysis/1433995283/
      .ahk https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6fccaa5fe5f1a7eb70396c4b65e7de1e20fd144af90fccf686fe2587be550476/analysis/1433995293/
      AHK - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8etMDADCUvKdFBnQnFjaXFnc1E
      EXE - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8etMDADCUvKdVozUE9JVjFCbzg
      Code - http://pastebin.com/H2U4cRC5

• Our picks

• Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
      • 30 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
      • 74 replies
    • TRiBot is looking to improve a lot of its customer relationship management, customer on boarding process, customer experience, design elements, community engagement and pretty much everything else you can imagine when it comes to marketing.

Our goal: To ensure that the marketing done TRULY reflects the experience and does not shine an inaccurate light on what TRiBot is lacking in.

So I ask, what do you love about TRiBot and what do you hate about TRiBot? What does O S Bot, Rune M8, PowR Bot and Dre amBot do better? (yes I purposely didn't spell it right 😂).

Love, 

RileyZ
      • 23 replies
    • Over the last three weeks, I've been working on upgrading our server infrastructure. It's finally ready and is now live!

Why?

Increased reliability - less server errors

Increased availability - less downtime

Increased security - keeping us and you secure

Increased capacity - ability to serve you better

Increased speed - less waiting for things to load

Faster development - server and service updates will come faster

What are the changes?

Move from a single AWS EC2 instance to AWS ECS (Elastic Container Service)

Distributed computing

Load balancing

Git management of server files and filesystem

Redis caching

How?

AWS ECS (with 10 EC2 instances)

AWS ElastiCache (Redis)

AWS Load Balancing

AWS EFS (Elastic file system)

Please bare with us as I continue to tune the server for maximum performance. Slow loading speeds may occur temporarily. I thank everyone for their patience.

Please post on this thread if you experience any issues other than slow loading times.
      • 51 replies
    • This release will:

Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)

Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)

Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays

Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour

Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable

Other back-end improvements

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
      • 90 replies