Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tankyy

Cant open/run Tribot.jar with windows 10

13 posts in this topic

Yo so I bought a new laptop few hours ago... it has windows 10 and iv tried to install java but still i cant open the jar file with Java... I already restarted my laptop to see would it help but now im just clueless what to do.... windows just suggests me to open that jar file with internet explorer or with winrar >.> 

Please help me.-

Download JDK. If you have it, this shouldn't be a problem:

t5Wpivg.png

Edited by Dukat

Download JDK. If you have it, this shouldn't be a problem:

t5Wpivg.png

Well i downloaded it and tried to run it with java

and now all i get that this window pops in and disappears instantly and nothing happens.

I just noticed that it shows something "Error couldnt find class C:user/tribot.jar" or something... im sooooo damn confused right now

https://gyazo.com/df49bbc5cd0851a2ed94da853adcc61d

Edited by tankyy

That's because you're trying to open the Java executable.

Let's try some troubleshooting (otherwise known as I have no idea what is causing this, but let's have a crack at it):

Delete whatever you have and redownload the .jar from here: https://tribot.org/download.php

Press the Windows key + R and type %appdata% and delete the .tribot folder if it is present.

Run the Java uninstaller tool  to remove all previous and current versions of Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/uninstaller_toolinfo.xml

8u60 is the old version but many have found errors in 8u66 and I would rather you used the old one for this. Your choice, though.

Now would be a good time to restart your computer for the sake of closing all processes and starting from the beginning.

Double-click to open the TRiBot_Loader.jar file. If it opens, bonza! Now you can choose to load it with the latest Java or JDK.

If not, fear not, we'll continue trying...
Edited by Dukat

That's because you're trying to open the Java executable.

Let's try some troubleshooting (otherwise known as I have no idea what is causing this, but let's have a crack at it):

Delete whatever you have and redownload the .jar from here: https://tribot.org/download.php

Press the Windows key + R and type %appdata% and delete the .tribot folder if it is present.

Run the Java uninstaller tool  to remove all previous and current versions of Java: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/uninstaller_toolinfo.xml

8u60 is the old version but many have found errors in 8u66 and I would rather you used the old one for this. Your choice, though.

Now would be a good time to restart your computer for the sake of closing all processes and starting from the beginning.

Double-click to open the TRiBot_Loader.jar file. If it opens, bonza! Now you can choose to load it with the latest Java or JDK.

If not, fear not, we'll continue trying...

I think i know now whats f***ing up!

Iv dowloaded java but somehow it aint starting.

+ when i try to open triboat_loader.jar i have to click the "open with" and search for that java (folders that it installed) and i have to go all the way to user->program files -> java -> Xxx version (cant remember what) -> bin and there double click the java and boom nothing happens...

EDIT: Did all what you guided but now the dumbass computer cant even find whole java to open the jar file

How can i fix that problem? im so bad with computers....

Edited by tankyy

@tankyy You don't need to open Java before opening TRiBot. But it is a good idea to confirm whether it is actually installed or not. Go to this page in a browser other than Chrome (it doesn't support Java anymore) and see what it says.

Other suggestions

Remove all older versions of Java from Program Files before proceeding.

Install Java with administrative privileges - right-click the installer and 'Run as administrator'

Try the 32-bit version if you're running the 64-bit version (choose x86 on the downloads page)

Let me know how it goes.
Edited by Dukat

@tankyy You don't need to open Java before opening TRiBot. But it is a good idea to confirm whether it is actually installed or not. Go to this page in a browser other than Chrome (it doesn't support Java anymore) and see what it says.

Other suggestions

Remove all older versions of Java from Program Files before proceeding.

Install Java with administrative privileges - right-click the installer and 'Run as administrator'

Try the 32-bit version if you're running the 64-bit version (choose x86 on the downloads page)

Let me know how it goes.

Verified Java Version
completion_checkmark.png
Congratulations!

You have the recommended Java installed (Version 8 Update 60).

But tribot wont just open >.<

Edited by tankyy

I'm posting what we've discussed so far over PM for future readers with the same problem.

I searched the archive for similar problems and a solution, this one seems the most promising:

This is how you set default program using windows 7. I'm fairly sure windows 8 is the same.
Anyways for the 3rd slide just locate your java, usually in program files or whatever.

dn8qcM1.png

Replace SSD Storage with your Java installation directory, which should be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin

1 person likes this

Here's another condensed by me if the former doesn't work:

Open Command Prompt by searching 'cmd' or 'command prompt' on the start menu. Alternatively, Windows key + R type cmd.exe

Locate the folder the .jar is in, i.e, your downloads folder, so type:

cd C:/Users/NAME/Downloads

Then type:

java -jar jarname.jar (replace jarname with the name of the client .jar, which I think is tribot_loader.jar)

See if it opens then. I just tried it on my own system, Win10, and it works for me, despite throwing an error:

[removed]

Ignore the first part, I mistyped downloads.

This user sorted it with the second option. I suggested he create a batch file to start it in future. To do this, open Notepad and write the following:

java -jar tribot_loader.jar

Save that as run.bat and put it in the same folder as the .jar file. You can create a shortcut on your desktop for convenience.

2 people like this

This user sorted it with the second option. I suggested he create a batch file to start it in future. To do this, open Notepad and write the following:

Save that as run.bat and put it in the same folder as the .jar file. You can create a shortcut on your desktop for convenience.

This seemed to solve my problem as well. Thanks for the help BOSS!!!

1 person likes this

From CNet Downloads:
http://download.cnet.com/JAR_Runner/3000-2094_4-76475806.html
"JAR_Runner locates the current Java installation, calls the appropriate application (JavaW.exe), & directs it to run the JAR file. It integrates right into the Windows system & also has a CMD/DOS command line option."

Download direct from JAR_Runner Site:
http://projects.killerapplets.com/JAR_Runner/

Alternatively, try JARFix:
http://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

Same Had this problem too :) Thanks A lot for helping