Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norwood

Bought a used Mini-ITX build for 24/7 use. Anything I should look to add?

15 posts in this topic

CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($40.40 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $439.66 (retail value) $188 (price I paid)

This is the build at the moment. Going to be using it for botting/fileserver/plexserver/gameserver/etc. Anything I should look to upgrade/add right away? A GPU is the obvious addition but I'm not sure I need it for anything right now.

@Norwood

how many bots do u want to use?

i can send u the pc im going to build a few weeks but it costs 1,4k

Thanks but I have already bought it. It's a used build I got from Ebay. Looking for stuff to upgrade/add, not a whole new build.

Looks good, I would recommend getting an aftermarket cooler though.

That's a good idea. Is it possible to install something like a CM Hyper 212 EVO without removing the motherboard?

That's a good idea. Is it possible to install something like a CM Hyper 212 EVO without removing the motherboard?

When I swapped the CPU in my computer I was able to put the cooler back in without taking the motherboard out. It was a little awkward though mainly because the RAM is like right under it.

Edited by Jebbyo

How about an SSD? i've heard samsung Evo is a good one for the price.

Probably not worth it for a bot computer. Like someone else said, putting an aftermarket air cooler on might be worth it since its like $20

Probably not worth it for a bot computer. Like someone else said, putting an aftermarket air cooler on might be worth it since its like $20

I'd say it's worth it besides the user isn't only going to be using it for botting. My guess is it's for everyday use aswell.

I'd say it's worth it besides the user isn't only going to be using it for botting. My guess is it's for everyday use aswell.

Actually I already have a gaming PC so this will not be used for everyday tasks. I feel like an SSD would go to waste in it.

If it's for 24/7 use, I'd take a look at the wattage of the components you've chosen. For example, an Intel processor may cost a little biit more, but they're about half the wattage of AMD.. this could potentially svae money in the long term!

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-core-i5-6400-s-1151-skylake-quad-core-27ghz-33ghz-turbo-6mb-cache-950mhz-gpu-27x-ratio?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAgvyxBRDmuviAj67g-XQSJABTLMcHEnB4rp9pB02lxRbJfoXqCPR6ylo8_O5pj1vz9TMItBoChDXw_wcB

If it's for 24/7 use, I'd take a look at the wattage of the components you've chosen. For example, an Intel processor may cost a little biit more, but they're about half the wattage of AMD.. this could potentially svae money in the long term!

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-core-i5-6400-s-1151-skylake-quad-core-27ghz-33ghz-turbo-6mb-cache-950mhz-gpu-27x-ratio?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAgvyxBRDmuviAj67g-XQSJABTLMcHEnB4rp9pB02lxRbJfoXqCPR6ylo8_O5pj1vz9TMItBoChDXw_wcB

That's a fair point but I actually live somewhere where electricity is included in the rent. I don't have to mind my usage, which is nice.

Not possible. You need to get under the motherboard in order to secure the cooler. Unless you have access to the bottom of your motherboard while it is in place.

I wouldn't add a GPU, no need tbh, especially for something which is essentially going to be used as a server.

I feel like the retail price has been hugely over-bloated by false prices, or expensive items when really there are alternatives for half the price of said part and perform better, but either way you got a deal.

I'll probably make a topic posting parts which are incredibly cheap at the moment which would be sufficient to create a bot farm, for instance the i3-2120, you could make a build revolving around this part for around $100 - $125 while running minimalistic power.

Also take a look at how many casefans you are going to need, since it will run 24/7 you will need to check the heat inside the case