Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilike2pac

How I lost 60 Lbs

4 posts in this topic

Well I know not all of us are happy with our bodies, shit im still not even though I've came a long way but this is how I did it.

I wrestled in high school and after that I gained weight. I was a full time student and I didn't think that I had enough time to go to the gym but one day I got super motivated and started working out. I didn't even go the gym though. I started taking Muay Thai classes and brazillian jiu-jitsu classes cause I loved wrestling and this was the closest I could get to it. I love submission grappling and boxing/muay thai is an amazing sport. I trained for 2 hours a day 5 days a week and 1 hour a day on fridays and saturdays.

My diet was very boring and it was tough to commit to, but I managed. I had oatmeal with a scoop of jelly in it for extra taste for breakfast. For lunch I had an almond butter and jelly sandwhich on whole wheat bread, and for dinner I had 6oz chicken salad with a little ranch dressing and carrots on the side. It was tough because I was used to stuffing my fat face with 2500 calories a day but I toughed it out. I went from 328ish to 278lbs. I moved recently and there's no MMA gyms near me but i'm getting back into the routine of going to the gym, and I usually swim about 1mile to 1 1/2 miles a day. But I miss sweating (sounds weird) so if anyone has any tips on some high fat burning/ high intensity workouts for me it would be very much appreciated.

Well I know not all of us are happy with our bodies, shit im still not even though I've came a long way but this is how I did it.

I wrestled in high school and after that I gained weight. I was a full time student and I didn't think that I had enough time to go to the gym but one day I got super motivated and started working out. I didn't even go the gym though. I started taking Muay Thai classes and brazillian jiu-jitsu classes cause I loved wrestling and this was the closest I could get to it. I love submission grappling and boxing/muay thai is an amazing sport. I trained for 2 hours a day 5 days a week and 1 hour a day on fridays and saturdays.

My diet was very boring and it was tough to commit to, but I managed. I had oatmeal with a scoop of jelly in it for extra taste for breakfast. For lunch I had an almond butter and jelly sandwhich on whole wheat bread, and for dinner I had 6oz chicken salad with a little ranch dressing and carrots on the side. It was tough because I was used to stuffing my fat face with 2500 calories a day but I toughed it out. I went from 328ish to 278lbs. I moved recently and there's no MMA gyms near me but i'm getting back into the routine of going to the gym, and I usually swim about 1mile to 1 1/2 miles a day. But I miss sweating (sounds weird) so if anyone has any tips on some high fat burning/ high intensity workouts for me it would be very much appreciated.

Hey man, Glad to hear about you making the change!

The hardest step is the mental side of actually going to work out and commit to a diet, you've already won half the battle bro.

I'm a Kinesiology major in school right now, and we learn about workouts among other things.

the best rule of thumb I can tell you (for fat-burning) is to make sure you're participating in continuous aerobic activity (such as swimming like you mentioned) for at least 20 minutes. The reason is that our bodies do not begin to burn fat energy until glycolysis begins between 20-30 minutes of activity, after your carbohydrate stores have been burned. Do these activities (running, biking, swimming) in intervals and slowly build up to farther distances. Also, it will never hurt to do an ab circuit at the end of a workout. I usually pick 5-7 ab exercises and alternate between them for an extra 5-7 minutes.

The best project you will ever work on is yourself.

Good luck and keep making progress!

1 person likes this

Nice job losing that weight. Some advice I have for you is make sure to get enough protein and essential fats (omega 3/6s). I actually lost quite a bit of weight doing this, along with biking around 10 km a day. Good luck with the future!

Hey man, Glad to hear about you making the change!

The hardest step is the mental side of actually going to work out and commit to a diet, you've already won half the battle bro.

I'm a Kinesiology major in school right now, and we learn about workouts among other things.

the best rule of thumb I can tell you (for fat-burning) is to make sure you're participating in continuous aerobic activity (such as swimming like you mentioned) for at least 20 minutes. The reason is that our bodies do not begin to burn fat energy until glycolysis begins between 20-30 minutes of activity, after your carbohydrate stores have been burned. Do these activities (running, biking, swimming) in intervals and slowly build up to farther distances. Also, it will never hurt to do an ab circuit at the end of a workout. I usually pick 5-7 ab exercises and alternate between them for an extra 5-7 minutes.

The best project you will ever work on is yourself.

Good luck and keep making progress!

I couldn't agree with you more! I spend about $200 a month in numerious gym expenese (membership for two places and gas to get their) and people look at me crazy. I tell them there is no better way to invest than into yourself. I definitely plan on creating the perferct workour for me.

Nice job losing that weight. Some advice I have for you is make sure to get enough protein and essential fats (omega 3/6s). I actually lost quite a bit of weight doing this, along with biking around 10 km a day. Good luck with the future!

Thank you I appreciate it!