Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samyett

How to solve HK.class or HX.class loader issue - EASY

1 post in this topic

Bottom Line Up Front: Learn how to create a batch file which deletes the corrupt file (hooks.dat) that causes this issue.

The Issue at Hand: Every time I attempt to open a new OSRS instance on a particular computer*, the loader seems to freeze while loading the HX.class file (previously the HK.class file). Because of this, I have been unable to load more than one instance of OSRS.

Mechanics of the Fix: As it turns out, the hooks.dat file becomes corrupted on my computer* after an instance of OSRS is loaded. Because of this, no new instances will properly load after the initial hooks.dat file has been created (which happens on the initial load). Once this file is deleted, any new instance of OSRS loads properly, thus the problem is solved.

Automation of the Fix: Finding the file isn't so hard. For most people the file path will look like this: C:\Users\(enter username here)\AppData\Roaming\.tribot\settings. Hooks.dat lives in the settings folder. I am a proponent of efficiency, so opening the folder and going ALL THE WAY to the file to delete it every time I want to open a new instance of OSRS is aggravating to me. Because of this, I created a Batch File that does it for me. It has two lines of code:

cd "C:\Users\(ENTER USERNAME HERE)\AppData\Roaming\.tribot\settings\"del hooks.dat

You'd think I go to school for coding with this script, but I assure you, I don't. Here's how to implement the code:

1. put that code into notepad
  2. Enter the appropriate username in the spot that says "Enter Username Here"
  3. Ensure that the path is correct (make sure it brings you to the folder with the Hooks.dat file)
  4. Save the file with a .bat ending instead of .txt (save as type "all files" for this to work properly)
  5. place the file in a convenient location to be used whenever a new instance of OSRS is loaded

Complete! Thank you for reading my quick-fix. If have have any questions, critiques, compliments, or concerns, I would love to hear them!

* = It should be noted that the computer on which the issues occur has particularly high security standards due to the network standards it operates on. My other machine does not have this problem, and it operates on a much more lenient network.