Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McCune

Hilarious and Easy GP

28 posts in this topic

As some of you know, my main's offence was quashed. (Correctly quashed)

I'm sure you've noticed the posts on Reddit about high levels in high gear asking for money with slogans like 'accepting 2m, you won't regret it' and so on. 

I was thinking to myself, I have this armour, I could probably pull this off. 

Keep in mind, I just thought this up and gave it a go. And it's pretty devaluing of reputation. 

Method- I constantly say 'accepting 500k' in the GE. The lower levels see my armour and figure I'll reward them for their generosity and give me the GP. I then say thanks, and trade them a small gift like a piece of d'hide for the chuckle. I then hop worlds. 

I managed to get two trades in 16 minutes last night, so I took the 1M to the duel arena won two in a row while doubling up. 

I then did a 4M stake and lost. My overall goal was to turn it into 10M so I decided I would skip the first duel and just wait four four successful trades to go through, eliminating the 1 to 2M win. 

It took 51 minutes to get four trades, I then took the 2M and doubled up twice ending with 8m. I decided to yolo the last stake with the 8m and lost.

Funny stuff, keep in mind I never stake my own money. 

-What's your opinion on this over all?

-Do you think they would mute me for constantly saying 'accepting 500k' in the GE?

-What's the odds of winning three stakes in a row against even stats?

its kinda scamming so meh

I literally say 'accepting 500k' 

and after they give it to me I say thanks and trade them back a small item lol

I never once say anything but 'accepting 500k'

Hopefully you're wrong but I see where you're coming from

I guess its the way you say it. I've never seen anyone saying accepting 500k before, so that caught people's attention. It technically isn't a scam, but a dirty way to get money (similar to botting :P)

Seems like it a good idea to make a bot that does this. ;)

You'd have to be crazy to do this on a good account. 

I'm personally 100+ CB. prayer cape, third age and so on. Not worth the botting.

I guess its the way you say it. I've never seen anyone saying accepting 500k before, so that caught people's attention. It technically isn't a scam, but a dirty way to get money (similar to botting :P)

Exactly haha

It's scamming. Pathetic tbh, scamming for ~half a dollar, just to gamble it away. Wouldn't be suprised if you got muted, there's definitely a valid reason.

3 people like this

It's scamming. Pathetic tbh, scamming for ~half a dollar, just to gamble it away. Wouldn't be suprised if you got muted, there's definitely a valid reason.

I literally don't say another word other than accepting 500k, and ty. Where's the scam? @swagg

I don't think you will muted for scamming as you technically aren't scamming. I think the people that trade you their money should be more careful and aware, some people have to learn the hard way.

Funny story, couple last days I've noticed lurers coming up to me @ GE. I am wearing blue d'hide, robin hood hat, ranger boots and ranger's tunic and they always come with the same trick:

Trading me, constantly asking to accept the trade.

I accept the trade, they all show me 150m.

I say ok trade it over kid.

They decline and ask me to follow them to varrock east.

If you call them out they run away and hop worlds.

LOL

I don't think you will muted for scamming as you technically aren't scamming. I think the people that trade you their money should be more careful and aware, some people have to learn the hard way.

Funny story, couple last days I've noticed lurers coming up to me @ GE. I am wearing blue d'hide, robin hood hat, ranger boots and ranger's tunic and they always come with the same trick:

Trading me, constantly asking to accept the trade.

I accept the trade, they all show me 150m.

I say ok trade it over kid.

They decline and ask me to follow them to varrock east.

If you call them out they run away and hop worlds.

LOL

I always find it funny to act like a complete foreign fuck, while using Dolan Language on them. Try it sometime, you'll laugh at their frustration ahah

I literally don't say another word other than accepting 500k, and ty. Where's the scam? @swagg

The salt is real. People give you money expecting money in return. Their greed is getting the best of them. Im more annoyed by the amount of people spamming chat rather than the method itself. 

The salt is real. People give you money expecting money in return. Their greed is getting the best of them. Im more annoyed by the amount of people spamming chat rather than the method itself. 

As am I. It was a funny thought, definitely not making this a continuous thing. 

It doesn't stop being a scam just because you're not saying "will not regret it". You said yourself in OP that they are supposed to think that they will get something good back as you're high levelled with 3rd age. It's not like you're asking for money to rebuild, you're trying to lure (scam) people to give you cash. Your intentions are bad, how isn't that scamming? Low.

It doesn't stop being a scam just because you're not saying "will not regret it". You said yourself in OP that they are supposed to think that they will get something good back as you're high levelled with 3rd age. It's not like you're asking for money to rebuild, you're trying to lure (scam) people to give you cash. Your intentions are bad, how isn't that scamming? Low.

Their intentions are just as low. Why would you give someone wearing full 3a and a prayer cape 500k? They obviously expect to receive money from it. It isnt some selfless act to help out newer members. 

Before i've been at the g.e and someone traded me 1bil cash they said if u r quicker than me (as in press accept on the second loading screen while he presses accept aswell i'd get his cash) he clicked accept first and i was quick enough the ending screen said "accepted trade" yet i didn't get his money up that he put in the trading screen and it even said in the second screen that the 1bil cash was there - very strange.

Before i've been at the g.e and someone traded me 1bil cash they said if u r quicker than me (as in press accept on the second loading screen while he presses accept aswell i'd get his cash) he clicked accept first and i was quick enough the ending screen said "accepted trade" yet i didn't get his money up that he put in the trading screen and it even said in the second screen that the 1bil cash was there - very strange.

Be careful. That was a common one on rs3. Usually they would have someone cast teleother or use a familliar to get you to teleport into the wilderness. The accept button for the trade screen and the teleport button are in the same spot. 

To be honest, if someone is stupid enough to trade another player their gold, they deserve to have lost it. Its common sense.

Also keep in mind we're not much better than scammers considering we bot a game which is against the rules and ruining the game for future players and current players.

Edited by Sphiinx

I actually have an interesting story of a drunk dutch man giving me well over 10m on my bots for free from shit like this...

Just to keep it short this is what happened:

- Was bringing my bot to the G.E to get loads of axes

- Saw a maxed main asking for a free rune axe off noobs

- Called him a retard and went off for awhile

- Came back to him rewarding some noob

-Gave him a rune axe and got 500k

- Gave him a line saying "im so close to getting a bond now just another 1.5m"

- He gives me a bond

-He hops world to do it again

- I log onto several accounts and get around 10 - 15m and a few bonds.

Guy was trying to be a good Samaritan saying he was giving back from his rare drops in PVM, ended up funding a bot farm; It's shit like this and the youtube videos that give people hope, that's why they created in the first place.

It's scummy but if you become a little more advanced with your script and shit you can make a lot of money off of it. Ryan Wooley is a prime example of a completely shit scammer but uses his old reputation of a youtuber and his other contacts like RoW to take bank off of his victims.

Like nobody has scammed in Runescape before... Jesus lmao.

i think it's funny. it's almost as iff they thought you'd commission stake for them or something haha. I don't see it as scamming, cause they are trading you 500k, and it'd not like you're like Skillspecs, and beg for donations (to pay them back)

Funny stuff

I agree, it's just as funny as the "Trade with caution" under your name.  -_-

Other thoughts: This is luring, which realistically is just another form of scamming. This thread screams out that, "Scamming is okay as long as I don't do it on tribot." Which I disagree with entirely.

Edited by Flamo353
1 person likes this

I agree, it's just as funny as the "Trade with caution" under your name.  -_-

Just as I was beginning to think that people finally understood that these remarks were no longer funny.

Just as I was beginning to think that people finally understood that these remarks were no longer funny.

@Liam. What are you talking about?

1 person likes this

As am I. It was a funny thought, definitely not making this a continuous thing.

Well I laughed harder then I should have..

Since your account got unbanned why dont you sell your armor and refund that 2k$ worth of gp

I will not be refunding the money. I suffered from this too. 

My paypals are gone.