Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Genka

Genkas script writer application

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should Genka join the script writer ranks?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

1) Snipplets: [sOURCE] (Link to thread) NONE that are not in dump

2) Tutorials: [sOURCE] (Link to thread) NONE that are not in dump

3) Randoms/updates submitted: [sOURCE] (Link to thread) NONE that are not in dump

4) Scripts available to the public: [sOURCE] (Link to thread)

Ardy cake stealer : Thread - Source (Really old one)
GMasterFarmer : Thread - Source
GFireCrafter : Thread - Source

GEnchant : Thread - Source

OLD flax spinner with progressive 1-10 leveling, antiban, clan chat support, deathwalk and mule support

http://pastebin.com/wPuhuae2

5) Short biography / Coding Experience: [1-2 short paragraphs]

I am 23 years old guy from Estonia who has been involved with runescape since the age of 13. I've been botting since 2010.

When oldschool Runescape came out, I found Tribot community and since there were'nt many scripts at the beginning I started learning how to write my own. I remember making my own abyss runecrafter when USA's abyss crafter was the only player in town :P Since then I have written many private scripts for myself and others. Now I see that my scripting skills would be so much more helpful to the community than to myself.

6) Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter: [1-3 short paragraphs]

I have been in this community for 3 years now and i'm familiar with botting scene. I can write scripts that will do the job and I am very eager to learn. In the approved section I see only 2 new application from this year. The community needs new blood and I am up for the task of providing new and useful scripts and the competition so the community won't stagnate.

7) What you plan to provide the community with: [1-3 short Paragraphs]

I am planning to provide community with free and premium high quality scripts. Help and support where I can, and of course fresh ideas and open mind.

8) Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community? [YES/NO]

YES

EDIT:

xCode: 

I know this rank takes dedication and hard work so I actually posted this application to get pointers in which areas I have to improve.

Maybe you can explain it a little bit better where you saw the mistakes and how to I can improve.

Encoded: I really appreciate your input and would like to get some examples especially about nullpointers. 

Edited by Genka
3 people like this

No. You just released these scripts in the past two weeks. Also, the quality of your code is really not at a level as a Script Writer should be.

You often do not check if certain actions succeeded, nor do you use multiple classes to make your code easier maintainable and easier to read.

What you provided us will just not suffice for a Scripter rank in my opinion. Goodluck on further improving :)

I've glanced at your code a couple times since you've posted this and I see many potential NullPointerExceptions. I also notice an irregular use of access modifiers for your variables.
I'll expand more on this post later tonight when I have time to go a bit more in depth. Having multiple classes is not required, but it greatly increases readability and maintainability.

ArdyCakeStealer:

Line 65 and 66: The RSTile objects should be saved as constants instead of creating new RSTile objects each time the statements are executed.

Line 90: Game.getUptext() can return null, I would suggest using Game.isUptext("Steal-from").

Line 94: getDefinition() can return null as well as getName().

According to the docs, Player.getRSPlayer() can return null. Personally, I would create a Player07 wrapper class that null checks for you.

GMasterFarmer:

You have access modifiers on some of the variables at the top of the script, but not all. Try to at least be consistent, but I would say as a general rule, make private whatever can be private.

For your GUI, use SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(..) as you currently aren't creating your GUI on the Event Dispatch Thread.

Line 184: Use Inventory.getCount(..) rather than Inventory.find(..).length. The same goes for any other usages in the script where you length check for count.

GFireCrafter:

Line 86, 87, and 88: Inefficient. Use the getCount method as mentioned above instead of length checking on line 86. Ideally the only time you want to length check for count is when you use Inventory.getAll().length to see if you have items in your inventory or not since there is no Inventory.isEmpty() method. Also unfortunately there is no getCount method in the Banking class.

Line 202: Instead of returning a String in your getLocation method, use enums. Also in Java, == is comparing two objects' references, not the values of the objects. When comparing equality between two String objects you should be using the equals method.

GEnchant:

Same points as mentioned above.

Line 61, 62, and 63: I can't even...

Line 66: No length check.

Lots of methods you are using return a value of some sort based on success/failure and you rarely, if at all, make any use of that. Also look into conditional sleeps.

Turns out the potential null pointer exceptions were just in that first script.

I think you would also benefit in having a better script structure because these scripts feel a bit messy.

Edited by Encoded
2 people like this

Thanks for your contributions and desire to join the Scripters but it appears that you still have some more development to do before you are ready to join the ranks.

Take Encoded's comments above and post in the Scripting Help section for programming related questions where we will help you.

Closed.