Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mizore

Motivation ideas?

15 posts in this topic

I personally struggle to stay motivated to continue doing exercises regularly, I spent ~4 years of my life going home and just staying on the computer everyday.

Now I've started doing regular exercises (mainly my chest and arms) I find it hard to continue with it, if anyone could recommend any methods they have to keep motivation high, please state them :3

I would post my weight/height and all that but I never really look at figures.

I personally struggle to stay motivated to continue doing exercises regularly, I spent ~4 years of my life going home and just staying on the computer everyday.

Now I've started doing regular exercises (mainly my chest and arms) I find it hard to continue with it, if anyone could recommend any methods they have to keep motivation high, please state them :3

I would post my weight/height and all that but I never really look at figures.

What I did when i was doing exterices to lose weigth(wich i failt at) was thinking about what you where trying to accomplish. Like getting a random pictureof a body builder. Something like that.

What I did when i was doing exterices to lose weigth(wich i failt at) was thinking about what you where trying to accomplish. Like getting a random pictureof a body builder. Something like that.

I was considering just imagining the end result of the work I put in, although I would think having a picture of a body builder is weird xD

I was considering just imagining the end result of the work I put in, although I would think having a picture of a body builder is weird xD

It Depends on what you're trying to reach. It's a bit weird but it was an example.

It Depends on what you're trying to reach. It's a bit weird but it was an example.

My main objective is just to build more defined muscles ;3 Weight has never been a problem for me.

I really need to hit a treadmill or a rowing machine, but they're the worst things for me to get motivated for xD I've never been one for stamina.

Just imagine what you could be like. Keep remembering why you want to transform yourself.

I read somewhere(or heard on the radio, not entirely sure) that if you wake up in the morning and spend 2 minutes looking at a picture of something you want to achieve or possess, your will feel more motivated to achieve.

Although, the Lamborghini as my background doesn't seem to be getting any closer :P

I read somewhere(or heard on the radio, not entirely sure) that if you wake up in the morning and spend 2 minutes looking at a picture of something you want to achieve or possess, your will feel more motivated to achieve.

Although, the Lamborghini as my background doesn't seem to be getting any closer :P

xD I think a Lamborghini is really stretching ones motivation.

Honestly. The best motivation you can get is from a gym partner. Find someone with the same goals as you and work with them. When you're not feeling up for the gym they'll be sure to get you up on your feet to work out. Without my various gym partners i'd still be where I was 2 years ago.

Remember it's not motivation that's going to keep you going in the long run... It's habit. Start forming a habit of working out and soon you'd be doing it without even realising.

Watch the ENTIRE. Thing. If your not motivated, then I have no idea what to tell you, watch that

Then watch this.

Best of luck brah!

It's dedication that you're going to need, not motivation. It's easy to motivate yourself to go run a mile+, workout, whatever--you'll feel great afterwards, but feel like crap when the fatigue/soreness kicks in. It takes DEDICATION to get going and do the same thing again the next day. Remember that good feeling and since of accomplishment after you finished the previous day, and feed off that for motivation. After you get over the curb (a few weeks of a consistent workout) you won't need to be motivated, it will just be part of your daily routine. You'll just have to acknowledge that the first few weeks are going to suck, but it will eventually get better once your body adjusts. The question is do you want to make it past the curb, where working out is a sense of pleasure/benefit, and not a nuisance? <-- There's your motivation.

No pain, no gain.

Helps to start small and ease your body into it if you don't work out much.

A friend to do it with, so you can push each other helps immensely.

A high volume of pushups, sit-ups, crunches and leg raises are great and simple.