Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluefirecorp

Massive botfarm - Day 158 - [0/1000 bots]

28 posts in this topic

So, I've made quite a few posts about the theoretical setup of a massive bot farm. I've managed to get a few people interested in it and created a small team.

I figured here would be a great place to record everything that's happening.

I'll try to update the thread at least once a week, hopefully, I'll be able to update it daily.

Current day: 158

Current Spoiler text:

So... here's the gist of it. I fell out of love with the idea of runescape botting, mostly because the lack of possible income. However, recently, I found some free time (free from school =D), to work on it. Today alone, I doubled my code base. I'm going for more abstraction than I ever have. The total code base seems to be something like 3.3k lines so far. I'll try to remember code base size in each update. I very rarely will delete code though, due to having to mark it as depreciated first until all references are removed.

Progression:

Week 1-2:

Botting:

Created a test account. Default Bob and all.

Used a script automate tutorial island

Used another script to complete rune mysteries

Used yet another script to do sheep shearer / baking quest

Did shield of arrav legit

Used a script to do romeo and juliet

Used a script to mine ess until my trade limit ran up

Used a script to craft ess into airs

Sold airs, bought ess, repeated.

Hit around level 64 RC before being banned with nearly 1.5 mil on it.

Scripting:

Started writing the layout of the massive script.

Started designing the actual database that holds most of the data.

Gathered a few pieces of data to write a tutorial island script.

Day 15:

Did nothing for this project. Work kept me busy. Borderland 2 with a couple mates ate my last couple of free hours :(

I LIED! I managed to map out the entire tutorial island in Word... just wrote down each step that needs to be processed.

Technically, with this, I should be able to create a very basic tutorial island script. I'll work on this tomorrow or Wednesday.

Day 16:

Went to bdubs.. with a friend. Talked to friend about the project. He was more interested in Eve botting.

Day 17:

Played around a bit with the actual Tribot client. Learned a few things about the launch parameters.

Created the first 5 steps of the 97 steps of tutorial island. These are very, very simple steps that will need recoded at time go on.

Day 18:

Nothing happened yet.

Day 19:

Friday! Time to get to work on shit. Hoping to pump out a tutorial island bit of it today and get started on the next bit

Day 20:

Holy shit.. coding is annoying as fuck. At least we're on step like 20/94 on tutorial island. I'll have a friend do this shit

Day 21-24:

Managed to do nothing other than a couple tutorial island steps :(

I won't be really working that hard on this until the start of next month, I believe.

Day 24-28:

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy with real life stuff. Work picked up a lot of my time and school is taking up even more of my time. I should be able to finish up tutorial island either tomorrow or Friday.

Honestly, I'm wanting to find someone else to gather a lot of the data for me. I'm getting tired of it. I'm willing to pay pretty decently and can give instructions on how to do it.

Day 29:

Yay! Someone contacted me about gathering information. It seems they're working on it now and it's absolutely amazing not having to do any of the work myself.

Woo! After he completes gathering the data, I'm fairly sure we're going to progress quite rapidly.

Day 36:

Got tired of writing tutorial island. Wrote a basic smelting script to earn a bit of gold to start the farm with. It's actually very welly optimized. Let's see how long it takes to get this account banned.

Edited by bluefirecorp

You're wasting alot of your time and potential on something that has very little success rate considering your method of starting.

Good luck tho.

2 people like this

You're wasting alot of your time and potential on something that has very little success rate considering your method of starting.

Good luck tho.

I agree with you.I also think that mass FTP boting is just a waist of resources Xb.

i realllllllly like the idea, just not what the bot actually does; PM me if you want a better idea for the farm :)

I haven't actually mentioned what all the bots do... the air crafting is literally just a single step of the entire process, just like tutorial island.

Good luck! =)

Thanks.

Good luck tho.

Every account needs to skill up in a certain area (well, except the trading accounts, but they do need to be logged in for a certain amount of hours)...

I agree with you.I also think that mass FTP boting is just a waist of resources Xb.

Most of the bots will be P2P by the end. The only reason my test account wasn't, was I was testing the amount of time before a ban. People have reported being banned after just an hour, other people could bot for years. I wanted to see what the average ban rate was to see if my entire system was plausible.

2 weeks of running a couple really crappy scripts means that it's beyond plausible.

Btw for future accounts, I would recommend to do Tut island legit =)

There's absolutely no way I can do 1200+ accounts by hand on tutorial island.

I've just seen soo many people getting banned from botting tut island, since it's HIGHLY watched - It was just a suggestion tho.

I've just seen soo many people getting banned from botting tut island, since it's HIGHLY watched - It was just a suggestion tho.

That's just another reason why I'm coding my own tutorial island script. I can add quite a few unique actions to it.

That's just another reason why I'm coding my own tutorial island script. I can add quite a few unique actions to it.

Ahh, thought you used a public one ;p

There is no way you're going to achieve 1200+ accounts, not even 100 by automating tutorial island (which is one of the first steps of the whole process). No matter how good your private script is.

Just by reading this makes me facepalm irl.

There is no way you're going to achieve 1200+ accounts, not even 100 by automating tutorial island (which is one of the first steps of the whole process). No matter how good your private script is.

I appreciate what you're trying to say, but let the guy do his thing. Nothing is impossible, If you set your mind to something hard enough I'm sure you can achieve it.. If he fails, At least he tried and I'm sure he'll of gained a lot of knowledge in the process. :)

I have a feeling he will prove you wrong. Maybe not 1000s, but a few hundred. 

Looking forward to it @bluefirecorp

Technically, I already have over 1200+ RS3 accounts... from like ages ago in a massive text file and another few hundred in a google docs sheet.

I have a feeling he will prove you wrong. Maybe not 1000s, but a few hundred. 

Looking forward to it @bluefirecorp

I'd have no clue how I'd run 400 bots without more than 1000 accounts to be honest... not if I want to run the hardware at max capacity 24/7.

I appreciate what you're trying to say, but let the guy do his thing. Nothing is impossible, If you set your mind to something hard enough I'm sure you can achieve it.. If he fails, At least he tried and I'm sure he'll of gained a lot of knowledge in the process.  :)

95% of the reason I'm doing this is the knowledge gain. I haven't coded anything decent in a couple years, so I figured why not try a project that'll earn some beer money, right?
Edited by bluefirecorp

Just wondering, how many hours do you spend managing this? Seems like a massive scaled operation that would require plenty of time to maintain (even with a few people).

Just wondering, how many hours do you spend managing this? Seems like a massive scaled operation that would require plenty of time to maintain (even with a few people).

The entire system should be automated. So, other than improving the scripts, racking and stacking new hardware, obtaining more addressing and entering it into the DB, it shouldn't require more than 1-2 hours a day, at most.

1 person likes this

The entire system should be automated. So, other than improving the scripts, racking and stacking new hardware, obtaining more addressing and entering it into the DB, it shouldn't require more than 1-2 hours a day, at most.

Sounds like a good plan. It's what I eventually want to build up to, but it's going to take a while

1 person likes this

This sounds interesting. I look forward to see your progress! :) I may have some free time on my hands if you need any extra guy on your team, hit me up via pm :)

Chain ban on all accounts created going to happen via tuts script esp if  its 30+ . I tested it and only 1 account survived out of 30 even with long wait times etc. Smaller batches of account creations is better.

Good luck in general. 

Sounds like a good plan. It's what I eventually want to build up to, but it's going to take a while

It's not an overnight process by any means and it requires quite a bit of knowledge to manage anything this large.

This sounds interesting. I look forward to see your progress! :) I may have some free time on my hands if you need any extra guy on your team, hit me up via pm :)

Currently just looking to contract out bits and pieces of the work.

Chain ban on all accounts created going to happen via tuts script esp if  its 30+ . I tested it and only 1 account survived out of 30 even with long wait times etc. Smaller batches of account creations is better.

Good luck in general. 

I'm not sure how Jagex would detect where I'm botting from or how I'm botting. I was planning on using a unique IP address per account with different profiles (overall play style on the account) on tutorial islands.

If you need anymore work on this, hmu. Skype me if you need to know what I'm capable of.

Excited to see what this develops into.

Edited by Liam.

If you need anymore work on this, hmu. Skype me if you need to know what I'm capable of.

Excited to see what this develops into.

Thanks man. I'll probably be contacting you quite soon in the future.

Thanks to this guy, I'm out of excuses for not coding this. I'll post a progress update once I get my first account through tutorial island.

Thanks man. I'll probably be contacting you quite soon in the future.

Thanks to this guy, I'm out of excuses for not coding this. I'll post a progress update once I get my first account through tutorial island.

I heard from someone if you talked to someone on tut island you can essentially skip it? Have you heard this before?