• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
bluefirecorp

Looking for RS partner - Closed

I don't care for the game myself. Personally, I like the hardware and software behind it.

I have a few servers just laying around. I figured quantity over quality with the accounts

I'm looking for someone to be able to manage ~400 bots or so going at once 24/7. I figured we'd do a containerized system with a database to pull the accounts from. We can talk more about the requirements for the bots / scripts you'd be running.

Let me know if you think you have the skills to manage a system like this.

Edited by bluefirecorp

400 bots at once is a big deal, goodluck with the one who is able to manage those at the same time, pretty sure i cant lol

I figured as much. It's fairly large scale for these parts it seems.

Sadly, 400 is just a nice starting number. My original goal was just to fill up an entire world with just my bots, but alas, I've learned that RS3 can take up to 1 GB of memory and I just don't have enough hardware to throw at it right now.

400 bots? 24/7? 

NqVPw8g.gif?1

400's a starting number. I figured bots could run 24/7 and swap out accounts every 6-8 hours or so for a total of 1600-2400 accounts. With ban rates with how they are currently, we'd obviously have to swap out accounts pretty quickly (after bans).

Edited by bluefirecorp

Can't tell if trolling or just not too bright. 

Mate, I've been botting since before a lot of people here have started playing the game. I understand systems and networks. I can code pretty decently as well.

There's absolutely no reason why 400 bots would be unmanageable.

Edit: Okay, my coding is a bit shit, but hey, it's not like I need to be epic at it because it'd be far more cost effective to just pay other people to write the shit.

Edited by bluefirecorp

Mate, I've been botting since before a lot of people here have started playing the game. I understand systems and networks. I can code pretty decently as well.

There's absolutely no reason why 400 bots would be unmanageable.

Edit: Okay, my coding is a bit shit, but hey, it's not like I need to be epic at it because it'd be far more cost effective to just pay other people to write the shit.

You said 400 is a 'starting point.' Depending on what your botting, and how solid the script is, it most likely is unmanageable. There's no ways you could keep up with the bans, especially once you got flagged. And buying simple private scripts is not more cost-effective- not unless you value your time at over $50/hr. I must admit this did give me some good laughs though, A+. 

• Like 1

You said 400 is a 'starting point.' Depending on what your botting, and how solid the script is, it most likely is unmanageable. There's no ways you could keep up with the bans, especially once you got flagged. And buying simple private scripts is not more cost-effective- not unless you value your time at over $50/hr. I must admit this did give me some good laughs though, A+. 

Starting point for the actual production environment. Dev environment obviously would be scaled down to less than 50 bots.

As for as "unmanageable", how do you figure? It's not like we'd be manually starting the bots or anything. Literally the only input would be updating the system (which accounts are doing what, and actual script/client updates). It'd be nearly impossible to even ENTER the account information into the database manually on this scale.

Again, no one is manually keeping up with the bans. Pretty obvious if the account is banned or not. There'd obviously be a fail-safe in place to let the main DB know that account is fucked and to mark it as such.

Maybe for simple scripts, but the scripts would need to be rather complex or at least the script framework would be. I figured I'd have two to three devs around that'd know the complex code framework for my complex system and network infrastructure. 

Edit: The size of the QA environment would probably be around the same size as the dev environment. Gotta make sure the new scripts don't fuck up shit long term, ya know...

Edited by bluefirecorp

Starting point for the actual production environment. Dev environment obviously would be scaled down to less than 50 bots.

As for as "unmanageable", how do you figure? It's not like we'd be manually starting the bots or anything. Literally the only input would be updating the system (which accounts are doing what, and actual script/client updates). It'd be nearly impossible to even ENTER the account information into the database manually on this scale.

Again, no one is manually keeping up with the bans. Pretty obvious if the account is banned or not. There'd obviously be a fail-safe in place to let the main DB know that account is fucked and to mark it as such.

Maybe for simple scripts, but the scripts would need to be rather complex or at least the script framework would be. I figured I'd have two to three devs around that'd know the complex code framework for my complex system and network infrastructure. 

Edit: The size of the QA environment would probably be around the same size as the dev environment. Gotta make sure the new scripts don't fuck up shit long term, ya know...

No need to even worry about long term; you won't make it past tutorial island. 

• Like 1

No need to even worry about long term; you won't make it past tutorial island. 

Erm, my list of 500 accounts from like 5 years back say otherwise?

Actually, I didn't make it through tutorial island tbh... RS moved them to Lumbridge when tutorial island went away. I honestly didn't even know it was back.

This is actually very possible.

The only issue (a big one) that I see is the imminent chain banning of all accounts at once.

I've never endorsed the one big server approach when it comes to running a farm. Just doesn't make much sense, as it is extremely detectable.

However populating the DB with fresh accounts is extremely easy to automate (doing it now with my own farm), as is automatic banned account replacement. No management is required at all other than on RS / Tribot updates.

• Like 3

This is actually very possible.

The only issue (a big one) that I see is the imminent chain banning of all accounts at once.

I've never endorsed the one big server approach when it comes to running a farm. Just doesn't make much sense, as it is extremely detectable.

However populating the DB with fresh accounts is extremely easy to automate (doing it now with my own farm), as is automatic banned account replacement. No management is required at all other than on RS / Tribot updates.

I'm not sure how Jagex would easily detect the connections coming from a single server? It's the same idea as a VPS (which is literally just a big server with a bunch of containers). I'm just my "own" VPS. Public IP addresses are easy enough to obtain for short amounts of time (AWS).

Combine a few different technologies and we have a pretty robust botting system.

I, however, have been out of the game for a couple of years, so I have no idea what things are like now in RS3 (or even 07scape [never played 07scape except during 2007]).

This is very possible if you have the resources to do so, all you need is a one click script that will make throwaway accounts which is very easy considering there is a snippet of it on the guides section of the forums by Erick. 

Once it creates the account it will do tut island then the method and if it gets banned you have a fail safe to immediately make a new account. You could also have the accounts trade a mule every few hours. You would need quite a bit of computers for dedicated servers which could costs $1000's and if you got a chain ban that would suck horribly. 

Although the main issue I see is if you mass create accounts it will lock your IP out for about 5-10 mins after creating 3-5 in a row.

Edited by Sphiinx

I'm not sure how Jagex would easily detect the connections coming from a single server? It's the same idea as a VPS (which is literally just a big server with a bunch of containers). I'm just my "own" VPS. Public IP addresses are easy enough to obtain for short amounts of time (AWS).

Combine a few different technologies and we have a pretty robust botting system.

I, however, have been out of the game for a couple of years, so I have no idea what things are like now in RS3 (or even 07scape [never played 07scape except during 2007]).

When I say a single server, I simply mean a single IP on a powerful machine (since that is the route that most people seem to take out of laziness).

Either that, or they buy a ton of proxies (don't even get me started...).

If you have the means / knowledge to run your bots on a maximum of 2 bots per IP (preferably one per IP), you're in good shape.

This is very possible if you have the resources to do so, all you need is a one click script that will make throwaway accounts which is very easy considering there is a snippet of it on the guides section of the forums by Erick. 

Once it creates the account it will do tut island then the method and if it gets banned you have a fail safe to immediately make a new account. You could also have the accounts trade a mule every few hours. You would need quite a bit of computers for dedicated servers which could costs $1000's and if you got a chain ban that would suck horribly. 

Although the main issue I see is if you mass create accounts it will lock your IP out for about 5-10 mins after creating 3-5 in a row.

Accounts would be created using different IP addresses and probably even the same IP address that the account is botted on (accounts use the same public IP address through their entire lifecycle to prevent contamination of other 'good' addresses).

I already have the server infrastructure to run at least 400 bots (assuming the scripts aren't too CPU intensive). I can take pictures, but I think anyone serious about botting would realize that a few grand in servers isn't much overall.

When I say a single server, I simply mean a single IP on a powerful machine (since that is the route that most people seem to take out of laziness).

Either that, or they buy a ton of proxies (don't even get me started...).

If you have the means / knowledge to run your bots on a maximum of 2 bots per IP (preferably one per IP), you're in good shape.

Ah, that makes sense. Right, from a networking perspective, I have things pretty down pat. Public IPv4 addressing is limited to an extent, but I can stretch things pretty far.

2 bots per IP address would be rather difficult if I'm recycling IP addresses. Overall, if I reuse IP addresses, that's maintainable actually.

Edited by bluefirecorp

Unless you are capable of spreading out say 30-40 accounts each on money making methods of their own, it couldn't be done. running 400 accounts on 1 or even 3 - 4 different methods is going to inflate whatever you are botting at tremendous rates.

Edited by Protein

Unless you are capable of spreading out say 30-40 accounts each on money making methods of their own, it couldn't be done. running 400 accounts on 1 or even 3 - 4 different methods is going to inflate whatever you are botting at tremendous rates.

Closed systems exist in Runescape. When I first looked at mass botting back a few years ago, I figured out a really simple closed system;

A few accounts mine rune essence, a few separate accounts craft air runes, an account or two sells the air runes to Aubury. You toss in a couple accounts to pick up and move around the resources and you're golden.

That's a completely closed system that could scale infinitely, however, I think on average it would only generate like 15k / bot running which was shit.

However, with a system this large; I could do something like accounts mining pure ess, accounts creating nats, other accounts chopping trees, other accounts fletching trees into bows, and other accounts alch'ing the end bows. Again, a couple accounts that are just trading bitches that transfer around resources and we have another 'nearly' unlimited closed system (trees are the limitation here).

You should post progress reports if you are in fact serious about this. good luck

That'd be fairly interesting. Maybe I'll make a dynamic image using data pulled from the master DB and put it on a thread. That'd be really neat to watch the current accounts running change on refresh and such. Hell, just watching the amount of exp gained and stuff.. it could be pretty crazy.

That'd be fairly interesting. Maybe I'll make a dynamic image using data pulled from the master DB and put it on a thread. That'd be really neat to watch the current accounts running change on refresh and such. Hell, just watching the amount of exp gained and stuff.. it could be pretty crazy.

Update?