Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Final Calibur

FC Scripter Application

FC Application   2 members have voted

1. 1. Does Final Calibur deserve the Scripter rank?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

1.) Snippets

2.) Tutorials

• N/A

3.) Randoms / updates submitted

• N/A

4.) Open source scripts available to the public (BitBucket created some minor formatting issues)

5.) Short biography / experience

My name is Freddy and I am 19 years old (20 in August). I was originally a Computer Information Systems major at a community college, however I have transferred to a four year school as a Computer Science major, and will be living on campus in the fall.

I was introduced to the Runescape private server (RSPS) scene in 9th grade. I started by simply playing them for the first year, but everything changed when the AP Computer Science teacher from the high school came to my math class to give a presentation. I was immediately interested, and took the class the next year. My main intention was to learn how to program my own RSPS.

From then on, I've been pretty addicted to programming in general. I took programming classes all throughout high school, and then went to college to further my education. I'm always looking to hone my skills and learn more.

6.) Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter

I feel that I deserve the Scripter rank for a few reasons. I believe that I have the work ethic to consistently pump out content, and I always make sure to update my scripts if needed.

Another reason why I feel I deserve Scripter is my attitude towards my users. I understand that I'm not above anyone else, and for that reason, I take into account every single suggestion / idea that my users have.

I also believe that I have the knowledge for this role. I am a student of the language, and am constantly trying to expand my programming repertoire.

7.) What you plan to provide the community with:

I enjoy creating open source scripts, especially ones in the requests section of the forums, so I will continue to make them.

I will also create more scripts such as FC Woodcutting, which will maintain the same level of quality and care.

8.) Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Of course.

@daxmagex Thank you very much!

@Assume Yeah I really did like what you used in your woodcutter. Also the reason I do braces on the next line now 'adays is because it was drilled into my head by my last Java professor. At first I despised it (I previously did braces on the same line), but then it grew on me, most likely due to habit. Thanks for the feedback!

@Assume I definitely know what you mean. My professor was a stickler when it came to formatting though, and took major points off if you deviated even the slightest bit from his idea of what was "right". Everyone has a right to their own opinions on formatting though, and I respect that.

@erickho123 @modulusfrank12

Yeah I completely understand your point of view, and I hope I can provide some sort of reasonable explanation. The reason my open sourced scripts were released in such a fast manner is due to them all being requests. The display name checker was requested by a friend, and the other two were from the requests sub forum. I didn't actually come up with these project ideas on my own, I just made them for other people pretty quickly.

I know they're all simple, but I feel that beginners can actually benefit more from them than a more complex script. Obviously experienced programmers would like to see more complex pieces of work, but each open source script I made addresses different "topics". The display name checker addresses handling interfaces and file I/O (local as well as parsing a file from the web), the blue dye maker addresses multi threading (albeit a very simple example) and provides an example of proper dynamic logic flow with no framework, and the plank maker shows how to work with a clean framework and a simple GUI. They also all show how to utilize a nice clean and simple painting system.

I respect your opinions, as they really do make sense. I hope that the open source scripts that I do have, although simple, demonstrate a sufficient grasp of Java for this rank. Thanks for the feedback!

@Encoded That's understandable. I wish I could use FC Woodcutting in this application, as I spent an enormous amount of time on it, but I guess it's pretty irrelevant. I know I'm probably speaking in circles at this point, but I hope the open source scripts show that I'm capable of pumping out quality material for aspiring members to look at / study.

Edited by Final Calibur
2 people like this

Although the scripts themselves are quite simple, the code shows a good understanding of java and the Tribot api. I've heard good feedback from your woodcutter and you seem to do a good job on maintaining it.

Yes from me.

5 people like this

I see you did end up using the framework from my woodcutter ;)

Some of your conventions and code needs cleaning (it's a little hard to read when you use braces needlessly but I still vote yes.

@finalcalibur it's not even that, I used to do that too, it's using braces when the if statement is one line. It just increases the vertical size of the file and lowers readability. 

Edited by Assume
1 person likes this

Although the scripts themselves are quite simple, the code shows a good understanding of java and the Tribot api. I've heard good feedback from your woodcutter and you seem to do a good job on maintaining it.

Yes from me.

I want to say yes, but your scripts released were extremely short and basic and as well released in a very fast paced manner before your application. I would've hoped you would've released at least one non basic script for your application before applying. My vote still leans towards yes because of what I've heard about FC woodcutter and your very professional attitude towards TRiBot, but for now I'll keep off from voting until I read the script sources.

1 person likes this

I want to say yes, but your scripts released were extremely short and basic and as well released in a very fast paced manner before your application. I would've hoped you would've released at least one non basic script for your application before applying. My vote still leans towards yes because of what I've heard about FC woodcutter and your very professional attitude towards TRiBot, but for now I'll keep off from voting until I read the script sources.

Agreed

Your knowledge is there, but I would have liked to have seen at least one script on this application that took more than a day to write.

1 person likes this

Your knowledge is there, but I would have liked to have seen at least one script on this application that took more than a day to write.

I agree with you on this one. I wish you could indeed show your woodcutting script or at least a script which requires a bit more in-depth complex thinking. I'd love to see just one script like that. Looking at the scripts you posted, I know your knowledge is there, I just want to see it used on a bit higher level. I will wait with my vote for now and hope you understand my feedback.

2 people like this

I believe the knowledge is there however your contributions to the community are lacking, and that is what this application is all about in truth.

You clearly have made several remarks about taking your woodcutter to premium, etc. let's focus more on driving the community with more useful contributions and then we can take another look at your application.