Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Final Calibur

[Open Source] FC Display Name Checker

7 posts in this topic

Introduction:

One of my team members wanted to find a "cool 3 letter username" to use for his main account, but he did not want to sift through all of the possible combinations manually.

I whipped up this script quickly for him, and it works pretty well. Due to this being just a small quick project, there is a lack of documentation / effort put into the design of the script (pretty much my excuse for any inefficiencies).

I've attached the source to this post, so feel free to look through it if you want.

What the script does:

When you run the script, you should type the amount of letters you want it to check for. For example, if I want it to check for 3 letter names, I would type "3" into the script arguments before I run the script.

The script will add random usernames to your ignore list. If the name is added, that means someone already has it. However if it fails to add, that means the name is either open, reserved, or unavailable for whatever reason.

The script will output any open usernames to a file "fcnames.txt" in your .tribot directory. It will also output any names it has already checked to "fcblacklist.txt".

Goals for the script:

I will fix any bugs that occur in the script, but I won't add any new content.

Since the script is open source, feel free to modify it to your liking.

Also, beginners could potentially learn some things from the code, such as:

• Handling interfaces (quite a few people have issues with this)
  • .txt File I/O
  • Clean, simple, easy painting system.
  • General API usage

There is also an IgnoreList API that can be ripped from this.

Source can be found here

BeOrO1X.png

Edited by Final Calibur

yeah but whats the point of have a random 3 character name? i would never use names like these

http://gyazo.com/8af3fb325552d6bd32b6d425b486e930

Just the fact that it is 3 characters makes it appealing to some people.

I completely agree with your point of view, but there are people that like the name simply because of the amount of characters (such as my friend).

If you want more realistic names, you can modify how it generates names in the source.  :shy:

Thanks for the comment,

Final Calibur

You should consider doing name checks not ingame in the future. Chain that up some proxies and it'll be much more efficient. Then again.. it wouldn't be much of a script that way, :P

Eh, nevermind I guess

Edited by erickho123
1 person likes this

You should consider doing name checks not ingame in the future. Chain that up some proxies and it'll be much more efficient. Then again.. it wouldn't be much of a script that way, :P

Eh, nevermind I guess

The reason I made the script check names in game is due to my team member's specifications.

He told me that there is a block after a certain amount of requests through the web, and wanted to avoid that. I'm sure it's a very viable method though.

With the current script, just whip up a fresh account and run it, and it checks ~850 names per hour. Not bad, but obviously could be better.

Thanks for the idea though, appreciate the feedback!

Final Calibur

1 person likes this

I've updated the script since I've migrated web hosts.

It's now fully working again, enjoy!

It starts and then immediately ends for me.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it works. I forgot to sign on! Haha. Flawless script, though. Very simple and useful.

Edited by YMCMBubel
1 person likes this