Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

C++ Learning Resources

6 posts in this topic

As I am learning C++ I thought I would post here the resources I am using to learn. These resources are aimed towards those who already have some basic programming experience.
Derek Banas - C++ Programming

The Definitive C++ Book Guide and List

From that list I will be using C++ Primer and Effective C++. 

Reference Sheet:

Learn X in Y minutes http://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/c++/

Edited by Encoded
3 people like this

For those with a Java background, I would strongly recommend reading over this page before anything else. It provides a great overview of how some of Java's concepts are represented in C++, and also emphasizes some key differences that you should know going in.

2 people like this

In my experience resources like this only get you past a first day of programming - basic syntax, etc. and then after you learn your first couple languages, nearly every other language's syntax comes to you almost immediately just upon examination.

If you want to really learn how to script/program, I recommend working from examples of the API you'll be using (e.g. if you're scripting TRiBot, it is absolutely essential to work from existing open source scripts). For me this was the only way to learn, it was much more efficient than a book/web tutorial, and has never failed.