Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mat

How to Download and Set-up Eclipse by Mat

70 posts in this topic

When i move the default path to apdata/....../.tribot and name the the project .tribot its all screwy. the project explorer wont show the ".tribot" project but will show any other project names like "tribot". I beleive this is because it begins with a "." can anyone help me with this.

i install everything correct but when i try to load the script nothing show up under the script section. how can i fix this thanks

i have a question. if im using somones script can i kind of just edit it to fix some bad things that i dont like with it and then use it but not release it to anyone ? like kind of make it better for myself and then just use it to train my stats ? is this legal on tribot ?

Here is my problem when trying to open Tribot.jar, this happens after logging in, the client doesnt actually open. I am running windows xp

[01:30:57] Starting TRiBot Loader.

[01:30:58] TRiBot Loader Release 1.55 is up-to-date.

[01:30:58] Attempting to launch TRiBot.

[01:30:58] Java Home: D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre.

[01:30:58] Using "D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\bin\java.exe" to boot TRiBot.

[01:30:58] Error: Could not find or load main class and

[01:30:58] TRiBot Loader has finished it's process, but some errors have occurred.

Hey Everyone, I decide to spent sometime for a tutorial.

1) First of you'll need a few things

JDK 1.7 32 Bit is need for TRiBot to Run

They are both Direct links so they should start to download straight off.

If not Google search them and you'll find it with ease.

2)Once you have them both downloaded, I have placed them both on my desktop.

npPnk.png

Don't Dis the BackGround StarTrek >

You want to extract the Zipped eclipse folder:

i: Hvp1l.png

ii: 2k93V.png

if on Windows 8 it'll look similar to this:

UJLsx.png

Wait until this has finished extracting, then we can move on.

Great, its done..

piWIn.png

Next before we open eclipse if you haven't ran TRiBot before you'll have to so it can set all the files.

3eLvD.png

Pretty self explainitory, fill the User and Pass with your TRiBot forum account.

Note set Ram to 512mb as it should help getting in to OpenGL at lot easier

Like so:

J7F9a.png

When you hit login it'll look similar to this:

t9QF0.png

if this screen doesn't load:

olIVF.png

We are going to have to set your JAVA_HOME.

i: To do this, we'll have to go on Computer Properties:

X4G0y.png

ii: Once in propertise you'll see a list of places on the left, you'll need to go to Advanced system settings:

nKW8x.png

iii: Once loaded you'll see this:

7g5pE.png

You'll need to click on Environment Variables...

iiii: Once in Environment Variables, in the lower box you'll see Two Colums Variable and Value, Scroll through Trying to find JAVA_HOME if you do, click the Edit button and place the location of the "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\bin" on 64bit Machine it'll look similar but it'll be Program Files (x86)

Take that and Paste it in the Variable Value:

If JAVA_HOME is there no need to worry, Click on New, and the Same window as Edit should appear and do the Same Process.

Lmu3s.png

Once thats done Click Ok and get out of that, reboot your PC and re try TRiBot if that doesn't work then Post in the help section, and someone will aid you.

Okay once Ran you can now close it because we are going to work with eclipse.

3) Opening and the start set-up of eclipse.

i: Click the folder you extracted the eclipse files to:

0Sw0A.png

ii: In that folder you'll find another folder called eclipse open:

K1SCo.png

and you'll get a load of files, click on the eclipse application file:

nGmjL.png

iii: When loading you'll see something this I just leave it default and click Ok.

zPUbk.png

iv: First time loading eclipse gives you a nice Welcome message, close it via the cross of the welcome tab.

LKG1i.png

v: Ahh Lovely eclipse:

ogqGZ.png

But there nothing in it? We need to add them.

vi: First of Right click anywhere in side the Package Explorer Tab

x1mcl.png

Hover over New, which brings a sub menu and click Java Project.

You'll see something like this

XCArA.png

vii: Now here we are going to have to set up eclipse to work with tribot.

Uncheck defult location as we are going to set the .tribot folder in the appdata as the location.

BpWTV.png

viii: Click browse and you'll see a box like this

Aj3Ez.png

Try and find the Appdata folder, in the list I can't so I am going to have to get the location address another way.

Pogeb.png

If Can't find it follow this

Go to a exlporer the folder veiwer

tj8Zs.png

Open it up and in the address bar

2MVBM.png

Type %appdata%

which will bring up the appdata folder like so

CDdJD.png

Click on the .tribot folder, and copy the address from the address bar

HW2kK.png

Now go back to eclipse and past it in the folder bar in the browser window and click Ok

5iTuY.png

Once Found it We now need to set up eclipse.

4) Change the Product Name to what ever you want I call it TRiBot for ease.

Right now Click on Next

pZskB.png

i: The first Tab we see if soruce, we need to set a soruce folder.

ii: Click on the icon to the right which is highlighted blue in the picture below

sjuAm.png

iii: Once you have you'll see a window that should look like

cU8OB.png

If it does type the name as src and click finish.

iv: Now go to Order and Exports Tab see image below

Rgl8o.png

and Check all the unchecked boxes.

v: Once done that click finish.

5)Were Nearly on the home strech just a few more things we have to do first.

i: Right come back over to the Package Explorer and right click on the src folder

Upf4P.png

hover over new and click Package

9aj1C.png

ii: Right you should see a window similar to this

F2ez0.png

in the name type "scripts"

EeNAY.png

then click finish, and that's it eclipse is set-up and ready to code with TRiBot.

To Test I like to make a simple script that prints a message to do so, you right click on the scripts package folder, hover over New and the click class.

V10dO.png

You should see this

kVbst.png

You can name it what ever you want just no space and odd charrectors I'm called it test for the purpose of this tutorial.

Stright away the moment I type "extends Script" and I hover my mouse over Script and see this:

3iTaW.png

I know eclipse is working with the API which is what we want :)

Right here is my test script:

package scripts;import org.tribot.script.Script;import org.tribot.script.ScriptManifest;@ScriptManifest(authors = { "Test" }, category = "Test", name = "Tutoiral Test")public class test extends Script {	@Override	public void run() {		println("Hey World.");			}}

Paste this in to a class file called test save it load TRiBot and it should show this:

fa1PC.png

If it doesn't please post below and I'll help solve your issues.

Thanks for reading, Sorry for poor grammar + English I do suck at it :D Please Post any comments/criticism I can handle it ;) If Fallen wants to edit poor grammar etc be my guess :)

Mat

everything worked great up to this part:

Edited by JerryWM
1 person likes this

I've got a quick question, whenever i go to the "Order and Export" section in the java settings, I don't see the .jars 

'asm-4.0.jar' or 'jsyntaxpane.jar' as shown in the picture you provided. I'll post the picture below just in case you don't know what I'm talking about

Rgl8o.png

I guess what I'm asking is, will this a problem? Will i be able to continue doing my thing even though these aren't added?

I did the test script and it seemed to work but I'm just checking to make sure, I want to start scripting because that's what I'm about to transfer to another college to major in programming and I figured the practice in javascript would put me ahead lol.

Any help would be appreciated!!!   :cool:

I know this thread is very old, but I just want to say thank you so much! The tutorial was super helpful even today! I had no problem getting eclipse set up and ready for writing tribot scripts by using this. I was very lost before I found this thread because I am a web developer (My IDE is basically notepad... (actually use sublime :P). Thank you once more, you have helped me greatly!

looks like a lil change was made in eclipse but when you say

Hover over New, which brings a sub menu and click Java Project.

It only says "Project", so just click on "Project" which will direct you to another window and proceed by selecting "Java Project".

I setup Ecplise exactly as in the video and for some reason the when i try and press "Start Script" I can't find my test script anywhere. But in the ".tribot/bin/scripts" folder there is a "test.class" and in the ".tribot/src/scripts" folder there is a "test.java". I don't understand why it would not be showing the local scripts.

Please help.

P.S: This is a great tutorial for users who are not familiar with coding in general or the use of ecplise in unison with an API.

1 person likes this

I setup Ecplise exactly as in the video and for some reason the when i try and press "Start Script" I can't find my test script anywhere. But in the ".tribot/bin/scripts" folder there is a "test.class" and in the ".tribot/src/scripts" folder there is a "test.java". I don't understand why it would not be showing the local scripts.

Please help.

P.S: This is a great tutorial for users who are not familiar with coding in general or the use of ecplise in unison with an API.

i got it working with eclipse :) also you need to be VIP+ to have that function

Edited by ProBotterIamNoob

i got it working with eclipse :) also you need to be VIP+ to have that function

Wow that's ridiculous, no wonder there there aren't many devs. 

Managed to get this working after a couple of attempts, might be an old guide but it's still great none the less. Only wish I saw that the images are working on page #1, I opened each of them up one by one as I went through the tutorial which made it take a lot longer to get through, but its working now :)

23 hours ago, xmaxing said:

Seriously? Vip to test your own script? That's very dull.

It is there probably to prevent abuse. Script is yours, but the API that you are using is not.

Edited by JBeer

18 hours ago, JBeer said:

It is there probably to prevent abuse. Script is yours, but the API that you are using is not.

True, but they do have a limit of x amount of hours every 3 days or whatever it is for free users already in place. With which you can use free scripts no bother, but suddenly it's a problem if you decide to test your own? Makes no sense in that aspect.