Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vilan22

VPS / Proxy and goldfarm Questions.

Hello, I am looking to start a botfarm and purchasing a VPS and possibly some proxies, but first I have some questions.

1. Should I create the botting accounts on my normal ip or on the VPS/Proxy that I will be using the bot on, does it matter?

2. Is it best to create my mule on my normal ip, on my botting VPS/Proxy or on a seperate one specificly for the mule?

3. Does my mule have any chance of getting banned because of it trading with my botting acc(s)?

4. How many bots should I run per ip?

5. Is it worth spreading out my accounts to goldfarm different methods even if one method is worse than the other? Does it reduce banrate?

6. Where should I get my proxies / VPS? Is it worth buying from a "RS specific" VPS seller or not?

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am looking to start a botfarm and purchasing a VPS and possibly some proxies, but first I have some questions.

1. Should I create the botting accounts on my normal ip or on the VPS/Proxy that I will be using the bot on, does it matter?

2. Is it best to create my mule on my normal ip, on my botting VPS/Proxy or on a seperate one specificly for the mule?

3. Does my mule have any chance of getting banned because of it trading with my botting acc(s)?

5. Is it worth spreading out my accounts to goldfarm different methods even if one method is worse than the other? Does it reduce banrate?

6. Where should I get my proxies / VPS? Is it worth buying from a "RS specific" VPS seller or not?

Thanks in advance

Hi there and welcome,

1. I would suggest creating the account using the IP you plan to bot with. So create it on the VPS. This is a good idea because they could detect the sudden changes of location from your IP.

2. It's up to you regarding mules.

3. Your mule and any account associable with your bots are ALWAYS at risk of being banned. 

4. Experiment with different methods to find a good money maker. Up to you what you stick to. 

5. I would recommend a VPS from non RS related provider.

Glad to help ;) 

Deano

1. Should I create the botting accounts on my normal ip or on the VPS/Proxy that I will be using the bot on, does it matter?

- create on your vps/proxy

-dont use proxy for your mule. use your home ip, like every big reseller would tell you.

-you may use 2 mules, one for trading with you bots, the other for selling gold. never had problems with that, and never got banned for rwt.

-safest way is 1proxy for 1 account. but you can use 2-3 as well. 

-

https://proxybonanza.com/en

1. Yes! Jagex tracks the IP the account is made on, or EVER logged in to. If your main IP is flagged for macroing or RWT your accounts won't last nearly as long. NEVER directly contact your bots to your main IP.

2. No. Get a seperate proxy for your mule. Set a maximum of RWT value to your mule and after that has been hit (say 250M) never log back in it again. Get a new proxy and a new mule.

3. Yes, they can ban any accounts that have been in contact with bots (obviously not any account, but you get what I mean) or RWT.

4. 1. If Jagex detects any bot they'll check every account running on that IP and (probably) ban the others too. That means if you're running 2 bots on 1 proxy your chances of being caught increase by 100%.

5. This is something you'll have to test for yourself. Everyone has a different approach to goldfarming. Don't be afraid of losing a few dollars when you start off.

6. Same as above, it's personal preference. Just make sure the place you're buying from has quality proxies.

Also, a tip I can give you; get a private script. Their banrate is WAY smaller than public/premium scripts, as Jagex' botwatch (probably) works by finding repetitive tasks.

More users = more data to analyze = better botwatch.

E; 100th post ;)

Edited by iEatApplez

Create accounts on the IP you intend to run them on. For eample, if you want to bot on an account under "Proxy 1" then it is also a good idea to create the account under "Proxy 1". Why you may ask? Well think of it this way, IP addresses (which is what a proxy is), can all be tagged to a location in the world. It would appear somewhat strange if an account was created from one IP and then played on at another. Especially if those IPs are a long distance apart i.e. America to China.

For the same reasons as I stated previously, your best bet is to create your mule on the same IP you intend to log in on the mule from. With that in mind, I would not use your normal IP as there is always a risk of IP bans, and I would not use one of the proxies/vps that you create your botting accounts on. Your best bet is to use a seperate IP address for the mule account.

It sure does. Any accounts assoicated with botting activities, such as transferring money, can be banned by association. However, that chance is generally quite low and you will probably not see a ban. It is reccomended that ou switch your mule out often, use one for a couple of days or transfer a certain amount of GP to the mule before getting a new one.

The reccomended number is one per IP as that will avoid the risk of chain bans. Howver, if you don't mind getting banned, or you're not worried about chain bans running multiple accounts per IP is generally not a problem.

This is one I've never heard of, so I can not comment directly. I do know Jagex watches certain activities specifically because of how often they are exploted (i.e. yew chopping), so it may not be a bad idea to spread yourself out in the beginning to find which avenue produces the most money per least bans. But again, if you;re not worried about bans then always go for the highest gp/hr.

That depends on a few things. On the whole, VPSes dedicated to RuneScape are easier to use as they usually have botting clients setup when you buy them. They usually will cost more, and that is usually a draw back. If you're comfortable setting up a VPS by yourself (VPSes usually come with a Unix based operating system such as CentOS [google it if you're unsure]) then go for the normal, non runescape VPS. But if you want the easy to use VPS, go for one dedicated to RuneScape.

Proxies are the same, RuneScape ones may be easier to use as they may provide support directly for your botting client. However, I would advise to buy them from a non runescape related site, as that would potentially lower the IP ban risk and save you money!

I hope I was able to answer your questions today, if you have any more please feel free to shoot me a PM :)

28 minutes ago, th3tankowner said:

So would it be alright to purchase an account from someone and then use it on a private proxy to bot or would jagex detect that? Would like to know before I start up.

No need to use a proxy if you're just botting 1 account.
Proxies are use to batch multiple accounts onto different IP addresses.

more info at https://rsbotspot.com

Please don't 'gravedig' old threads, make a new one instead.