• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
shaco1

Botting logic...

People come up with all those "strategies" to avoid the ban hammer.

Yet all of them are so ridiculous that i've decided to start a topic on the matter lol!

First off al:

1) "Don't bot during jagex working hours"

Bitch please! Do you really think an invisible mod is following your movements wether to check you're a bot or not? :D

It's a fully automated system. they cant manually ban thousands of accounts.

Once you've been spotted by the system it's more than likely that you'll get a (delayed) ban.

2)"Bot with long breaks"

Also a false positive! Yes botting 24/7 will more likely get you banned than botting a few hours. But the duration of a break is not that important.

Runescape is looking for algoritms, specific patterns:

taking a break every 3 hours makes you suspicious. 

The thing that confuses people here is that if you bot for longer durations, the pattern will be more visible to jagex.

For example:

you bot 10 hours straight in 1 day and you get banned: jagex caught the pattern within 10 hours

You bot 2 hours every day but not more and got banned within 5 days:

Most people call victory here...but in fact the pattern got caught within 10 hours as well lol!

3)...

The list goes on an on about the bullshit I read on these forums and about so claimed "professional" goldfarmers.

Now some advice that might work out differently, but most people are just too lazy to execute those things so they chose to follow those easy guidelines mentioned above.

1) Anti-ban in the script is key!

2)Having a private script is sooooooooo much better. Even my randomised autoclicker survived longer than most of the bots out now lol.

Array

Well in defense of #1 mod weath does personally ban bots and jagex does have bot busting sessions and I believe in the past they even livestream the event. You can't argue that not botting while they are at work doesn't prevent manual bans. A lot of goldfarmers use very simple scripts like mining, fishing and woodcutting and are highly visible and easily identifiable and are usually easy kills for manual bans. I use a private script and so far it hasn't been caught by the system but if any half assed joe walked by it would be super obvious I was botting and 10/10 would get banned. For somebody like me, manual bans are a serious deal.

• Like 1

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Bottom line is = Jagexs bot detection system got better/Bot clients have gradually got worse.

See Jagex sueing the snellman brothers for creating Nexus (Best runescape bot I have used).

To do this Jagex must have found them a threat.

• Like 1

you make it seem like you would know it for 100%, but what makes you sure about it?

all this is just a theory that may sound very realistic for you and others.

Source ?

Dont get me wrong, everything sounds very logical and good but to be honest it´s just a theory..that might be true.

but very good points.

Edited by Twitch

I believe the following to be true:

1. Breaks do matter, but not in the way people currently use them. Currently people seem to believe running a bot for 10-12 hours a day with 4-6 hours breaking is helpful, which it might be. But, running a bot to do the same activity for 12 hours per day, with any amount of breaks is "bot-like". What people need to think about is, "Do real players do this?". Does a real player do the same repetitive task for hours, the answer is usually no. Instead what real players do is take in-game breaks, such as PK'ing, Staking, G.E., etc and then return to the repetitive task. So this is what I suggest, create in-game breaks such as going and selling junk, or simply work 4-6 different methods into one bot, for example a flax spinning bot may spin flax for 2 hours, cut trees for an hour, maybe burn a few logs (how many money making bots would do this? ;) ). I think you get my point.

2. Bots are "too efficient". It sounds stupid, but real players just aren't as efficient as bots. We get fatigued, we lose patience and mess around for a bit etc, kind of relates to my previous point.

3. Unsocial, now this seems difficult to implement but its also a problem. How many real players never interact with other players, be it to give a little abuse or just PM'ing a friend, bots don't do it.

I can think of more things but its late, my point is we make our bots detectable simply by how efficient and single minded they are. When creating a bot we treat it like a bot, it will do this and it will do this well. I personally would prefer a bot that can bot 70 hours per week, 60 being efficient and 10 being non-efficient than have a bot that runs for 100 hours a week then gets banned and time has to be wasted recreating it. This is a mute point if your bot only has low requirements and is easily remade but is definitely valid for bots which require high stats.

• Like 2

Imo its down to personal experience and trial and error. 

I don't listen to anyones theories at all, until I see facts or by my own trial and error it happens to me as well.

Here is another one.

Jagex ip flags = I've yet to experience anything like this so I wont ever change my ip until I either do or see solid facts that they do flag ips.

I believe the following to be true:

1. Breaks do matter, but not in the way people currently use them. Currently people seem to believe running a bot for 10-12 hours a day with 4-6 hours breaking is helpful, which it might be. But, running a bot to do the same activity for 12 hours per day, with any amount of breaks is "bot-like". What people need to think about is, "Do real players do this?". Does a real player do the same repetitive task for hours, the answer is usually no. Instead what real players do is take in-game breaks, such as PK'ing, Staking, G.E., etc and then return to the repetitive task. So this is what I suggest, create in-game breaks such as going and selling junk, or simply work 4-6 different methods into one bot, for example a flax spinning bot may spin flax for 2 hours, cut trees for an hour, maybe burn a few logs (how many money making bots would do this? ;) ). I think you get my point.

2. Bots are "too efficient". It sounds stupid, but real players just aren't as efficient as bots. We get fatigued, we lose patience and mess around for a bit etc, kind of relates to my previous point.

3. Unsocial, now this seems difficult to implement but its also a problem. How many real players never interact with other players, be it to give a little abuse or just PM'ing a friend, bots don't do it.

I can think of more things but its late, my point is we make our bots detectable simply by how efficient and single minded they are. When creating a bot we treat it like a bot, it will do this and it will do this well. I personally would prefer a bot that can bot 70 hours per week, 60 being efficient and 10 being non-efficient than have a bot that runs for 100 hours a week then gets banned and time has to be wasted recreating it. This is a mute point if your bot only has low requirements and is easily remade but is definitely valid for bots which require high stats.

Very good points.

Just a thought if the client/scripts had 0 patterns that set a red flag off at Jagex hq and emulated a human well.

(Just watching pretty much any script I own/use for 10/20 mins I see patterns.) and everyone used looking glass to eliminate any trace that you were using a modified client.

How could Jagex ban people for "playing" 24/7? They could only ban you because they suspect multiple people are using the same account, working in shifts.

The problem lye's with the scripts/bot client itself. Its not good enough.

• Like 1

People come up with all those "strategies" to avoid the ban hammer.

Yet all of them are so ridiculous that i've decided to start a topic on the matter lol!

First off al:

1) "Don't bot during jagex working hours"

Bitch please! Do you really think an invisible mod is following your movements wether to check you're a bot or not? :D

It's a fully automated system. they cant manually ban thousands of accounts.

Once you've been spotted by the system it's more than likely that you'll get a (delayed) ban.

2)"Bot with long breaks"

Also a false positive! Yes botting 24/7 will more likely get you banned than botting a few hours. But the duration of a break is not that important.

Runescape is looking for algoritms, specific patterns:

taking a break every 3 hours makes you suspicious. 

The thing that confuses people here is that if you bot for longer durations, the pattern will be more visible to jagex.

For example:

you bot 10 hours straight in 1 day and you get banned: jagex caught the pattern within 10 hours

You bot 2 hours every day but not more and got banned within 5 days:

Most people call victory here...but in fact the pattern got caught within 10 hours as well lol!

3)...

The list goes on an on about the bullshit I read on these forums and about so claimed "professional" goldfarmers.

Now some advice that might work out differently, but most people are just too lazy to execute those things so they chose to follow those easy guidelines mentioned above.

1) Anti-ban in the script is key!

2)Having a private script is sooooooooo much better. Even my randomised autoclicker survived longer than most of the bots out now lol.

Words of wisdom from somebody who isn't even a VIP yet.

well look at the word goldfarming your trying to farm gold why the fuck would you want to take breaks now if your botting up accounts thats diffrent skills can wait but not money so farm as much gold as you can cuz you gonna get banned anyways just talking scritcly for goldfarmers why take breaks thats just waste of gp

Edited by XxblacklordXx

well look at the word goldfarming your trying to farm gold why the fuck would you want to take breaks now if your botting up accounts thats diffrent skills can wait but not money so farm as much gold as you can cuz you gonna get banned anyways just talking scritcly for goldfarmers why take breaks thats just waste of gp

Well yeah there's no real point having a "regular" break profile anyway. No player logs out for 10 or 20 minutes every hour or two the way bots do - just immediately stop whatever you are doing and log out. It's weird.

I have a break profile with HUGE randomizers, it could break for 20 minutes in 5 hours or it could break for 2 hours in 5 hours, for example. I think that's the key. All in all, my bots run for about 10-15 hours a day.

• Like 1

To the guy who said something about jagex suing nexus, 100% correct, no offence to any other clients etc. They are and will be for a long time, shit compared to that client. IMO, I cant believe that jagex' anti bot software hasn't been leaked yet, someone must know lmaoo..

I don't think they really have any, I just think they have a system that collects data of mouse movements, IP's, playtime and client, cause lets be honest, no one plays for over 24 hours straight.... people get banned on accounts from tutorial island its a load of shit and there bot detection is a fucking farce its pure guess work on there systems part if you really think about it, how do they know you are botting really, unless your making a serious error like clicking something over and over?

Since then the quality of scripts is shite and always will be until scripters realise that quality is better than quantity.

man, I wish perfecticus was still scripting, I would pay him a wage to come script for 07.

Edited by booyax

To the guy who said something about jagex suing nexus, 100% correct, no offence to any other clients etc. They are and will be for a long time, shit compared to that client. IMO, I cant believe that jagex' anti bot software hasn't been leaked yet, someone must know lmaoo..

I don't think they really have any, I just think they have a system that collects data of mouse movements, IP's, playtime and client, cause lets be honest, no one plays for over 24 hours straight.... people get banned on accounts from tutorial island its a load of shit and there bot detection is a fucking farce its pure guess work on there systems part if you really think about it, how do they know you are botting really, unless your making a serious error like clicking something over and over?

Since then the quality of scripts is shite and always will be until scripters realise that quality is better than quantity.

man, I wish perfecticus was still scripting, I would pay him a wage to come script for 07.

Perfecticus best Runescape bot client scripter period.

I actually think I can remember your username from back then I might be completely wrong but Im sure it had a few numbers after the Booyax part.

Its actually quite sad to see how much worse bot clients/scripts have got over the years. Jagex stepped there game up and no one else has stepped up to the plate.

The webwalking on the Nexus client was unreal pretty much had every dungeon, teleport and agility shortcut perfected, Tribot however cant webwalk

to and from ghouls to bank. 

Also Eric/Erik forgot what the spelling was(Lead dev on Nexus/ibot). He was so involved with the community, constantly answered/fixed bug report threads was 100% behind

any decent suggestion on how to improve the client and implemented them constantly.

Might sound like I'm knocking this client but I have paid for it so I should be allowed to.

Perfecticus best Runescape bot client scripter period.

I actually think I can remember your username from back then I might be completely wrong but Im sure it had a few numbers after the Booyax part.

Its actually quite sad to see how much worse bot clients/scripts have got over the years. Jagex stepped there game up and no one else has stepped up to the plate.

The webwalking on the Nexus client was unreal pretty much had every dungeon, teleport and agility shortcut perfected, Tribot however cant webwalk

to and from ghouls to bank. 

Also Eric/Erik forgot what the spelling was(Lead dev on Nexus/ibot). He was so involved with the community, constantly answered/fixed bug report threads was 100% behind

any decent suggestion on how to improve the client and implemented them constantly.

Might sound like I'm knocking this client but I have paid for it so I should be allowed to.

some really nice points, can share the same opinion