Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montreal176

Best place to learn Java?

11 posts in this topic

Hi I am looking to begin scripting, I would however like to learn Java first. Does anyone know of any online tutorials that are worth looking at to begin my Java adventures?

Thanks

I'd recommend Tacomanstan's tutorials, and then the official Oracle Java tutorials.

The Oracle tutorials may seem a little dry, but if you are really interested in learning, they will be very beneficial.

Make sure that you learn how to do things right. The last thing we need is more spaghetti.

Thanks a lot man I'll look into these tutorials, much appreciated !

Neither of those sites have Java tutorials on them. They mainly teach web development.

That's simply not true. 

VrIFhqA.png

yriP2YW.png

Edited by ohParadox

Hi I am looking to begin scripting, I would however like to learn Java first. Does anyone know of any online tutorials that are worth looking at to begin my Java adventures?

Thanks

Use tacomanstan's tutorial, it will teach you the basics very clearly. I just read it and I think it's fantastic for beginners like yourself.

Edited by Flamo353

That's simply not true. 

VrIFhqA.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA another person who thinks javascript and java is the same.God these wannabes always never fail to make my day.

Hey :) I primarly learnt java from just looking at YouTube videos and experimenting with things! A playlist that I think will especially help you out is this one - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE2CE09D83EE3E28

I found it very useful and still am ;)

As I've said before:

"I strongly advise against TheNewBoston. Though what he's teaching may work, it's bad practice, especially if you plan on working on a team with other programmers. He also "teaches" how to do something, but almost never the "why"." 

Derek Banas' video tutorials are much much better

Edited by Encoded