Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TacoManStan

[Poll] [Script Concept] Black Market Script

Poll Title  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am getting ridiculously tired of the number of scam reports I see on the black market. So, I have come up with an idea, and I was wondering what you guys think.

Basically, each time you want to give someone temporary and/or limited access to your account, you do the following:

1. Enter your username/password of your RS account into the GUI.
  2. Enter a secure "encryption password" into the GUI. This will help encrypt your information so you can't get hacked, and so your login information is secure.
  3. Enter in a "black market username". This will be used so that other people you have purchased services from (questing, leveling, etc) can log into your account without knowing any of your login details.
  4. Enter in the TRiBot account that you are allowing to access your account. This will be the ONLY TRiBot account that can use this system to access your account.
  5. Enter in all of the restrictions you want to place on the account. For example, you can allow only certain items to be withdrawn from the bank, you can forbid trading of any kind, you can forbid dropping items, etc. You can also force the player to stay within a specific area, or only allow a certain number and/or certain kinds of items to be in your inventory.

Once you have done this, the person who needs to access your account then runs the same script. They then must enter in the black market username and the encryption password, and be on the correct TRiBot account that you have allowed access. The script then logs into the account automatically.

Once the account is logged in, the script starts monitoring everything that is done on the account, and sends it to a server, which you can then review later. The script will also close the TRiBot client immediately and notify you if the script is ended, paused, or if any of the restrictions you have set in place are violated.

Well, that's the basis of the idea. I will obviously tweak the features if I do decide to make the script, but until then, I want to hear what you guys think!

EDIT: You would also be able to log someone off of your account remotely, as well as view a live feed of your account at any time.

Edited by tacomanstan
  • Like 4

I think it's a good idea. If this were implemented effective I'd likely offer it with my services, provided it worked in looking glass.

Some concerns from my point of view would be if the account owner logged us out during combat (specifically Firecapes), but I suppose I could cover that in my own tos.

During services a lot of people leave the service fee on the account instead of trading it prior, so they wouldn't be able to disable trades, and I don't know if people would be willing to put in the effort to make a restriction blacklist.

Very interesting concept indeed. I'll be following development if this takes off.

I think it's a good idea. If this were implemented effective I'd likely offer it with my services, provided it worked in looking glass.

Some concerns from my point of view would be if the account owner logged us out during combat (specifically Firecapes), but I suppose I could cover that in my own tos.

During services a lot of people leave the service fee on the account instead of trading it prior, so they wouldn't be able to disable trades, and I don't know if people would be willing to put in the effort to make a restriction blacklist.

Very interesting concept indeed. I'll be following development if this takes off.

Not a bad idea. What it could do, is the person doing the work on the account could enter in the RSN of an account, and the person purchasing the service could enter the amount they are paying, and what they want done. Then when the work is done, the worker would trade the account he just did work on from his own account, and if the work was completed, the account would trade back the money.

This would be optional, of course, just another level of security if they want it.

• Like 1

I also had another idea. Instead of having each job needing to be setup manually, a job would be "queued". You'd enter in what you want done, and how much you are willing to pay for it. Then someone else wanting to make some money could use the script and view all of the available jobs. They'd then login, complete the job, and when they're done, they'd automatically get the money for doing the job.

You could also check a "require verified" checkbox. This would mean that only workers who have been verified as being legitamate can complete the job. So for example, @ Crimson, you would ask me to become verified, I'd see you're an ex-mod and already have a successful black market business, and so you would be verified. That way people who have existing shops in the black market wouldn't take a hit from this feature.

Just brainstorming here.

I also had another idea. Instead of having each job needing to be setup manually, a job would be "queued". You'd enter in what you want done, and how much you are willing to pay for it. Then someone else wanting to make some money could use the script and view all of the available jobs. They'd then login, complete the job, and when they're done, they'd automatically get the money for doing the job.

You could also check a "require verified" checkbox. This would mean that only workers who have been verified as being legitamate can complete the job. So for example, @ Crimson, you would ask me to become verified, I'd see you're an ex-mod and already have a successful black market business, and so you would be verified. That way people who have existing shops in the black market wouldn't take a hit from this feature.

Just brainstorming here.

Sounds good to me. If you need any help testing later down the road let me know.

Is this possible? Would you provide this service for free?

Yes and I'm not sure yet. Just because of the amount of work that needs to go into it, I doubt I'll be able to offer it 100% for free. That being said, if the entire thing isn't free, there will definitely be a free version of the service that has less automatic features, but still protects against scams.

Nice idea, but I can't really see how this would benefit people.

By allowing them to log in they can already steal your items. This might stop them knowing your password, but you can just change it after they are done?

Nice idea, but I can't really see how this would benefit people.

By allowing them to log in they can already steal your items. This might stop them knowing your password, but you can just change it after they are done?

The point is the script would be monitoring the activity that is being done on the account. Any attempted action the violates the conditions the owner of the account set forth will result in the TRiBot client instantly closing before the action could be completed. Stopping/pausing the script ends in the same result.

Excellent idea!

I believe this would be useful in areas such as:

- Account Lending, settings such as "Restrict Leveling Defence", "Restrict Access to Bank", "Restrict Leaving Area", "Restrict Spamming" etc.

- Account Selling, say someone is selling an account and the buyer wants to log on before they buy, they can through your script.

A possible problem could arise if the Seller is able to remotely view the Clients activities in real-time. Problems such as:

- Logging an account out mid-stake.

- Logging an account out because the Client has just x-fered GP onto it.

You would need to make the Restrictions set clear to both parties. You don't want Bob to get scammed by Bill because Bob thought the only restrictions were x,y,z but actually Bill had other ideas and set a,b,c,x,y and z, hope that makes sense :)

I believe the best way to finance something like this would be on a Per Use basis, for example:

- Bob is renting an account for 3 hours, charge $0.50 per hour to use this feature.

I am unsure whether the fee should be to the buyer or the seller, I assume it should be to the seller since they are safe-guarding their own account but the Seller could easily pass this onto the buyer in their pricing.

Anyway, fully support and hope to see it in the future!

The point is the script would be monitoring the activity that is being done on the account. Any attempted action the violates the conditions the owner of the account set forth will result in the TRiBot client instantly closing before the action could be completed. Stopping/pausing the script ends in the same result.

And how are you going to go forth of creating a completely flawless (yes, flawless, in terms of the community trusting this script) and impregnable to having one not destruct the account in any way? It won't be very efficient to do this, especially if you are willing to create something like this that monitors every single action done on the account. There are endless ways to screw over someone's account, and you most likely would have to update it on a bi-weekly or day-by-day basis and ensure a policy that would promise 100% trust by users of this script as an alternative rather than just doing deals with a trusted user.

Edited by swagger417

Just brainstorming here.

This is how the ultimate pro sales website works. There's a custom client with a script that does that, it works really well for them and is definitely do able

Unfortunately I won't be developing this script any time soon. It might be something I consider tackling in the future, but definitely not any time soon.

If anyone else sees this and wants to take on the project, feel free to go ahead and tackle the project. I'd just appreciate a PM letting me know as such so I don't start working on the project when someone else already has one in development.