Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marley

Wrestler's life

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys i just wanted to share my wrestling diet. I weighed about 146 before the season started and I wrestled 126lb. So as we all know its not very easy for a teenage boy to just lose 20 pounds. The way I dropped all this weight was by doing very intensive workouts on minimal food/water. Honestly it sucked. I dropped muscle mass and a lot of fat but for the price of my health. Everyday I would wake up and feel like shit. To anyone who cares about what i did was everyday i would eat one slice of chicken about the size of a tender for Breakfast and lunch. Then I went to school for 7 hours, after school I would have wrestling practice depending on how much weight i loss at a practice would determine my dinner. If needed to be i would head to the gym and put on a sweat suit which consisted of 3 layers an under-amour with a long-sleeve cotton shirt and then a sweatshirt over top. For the bottom half i would wear leggings then shorts then sweats. I would then proceed to run 4 miles then go to the sauna for 10 mins then 2 miles sauna 10 mins then 1 mile sauna 10 mins. i did this for over 3 months and if anyone has gone through this please reply i would love to hear stories. And if anyone needs advice I been cutting weight my whole life for wresling/Boxing 126 weight class for wrestling/ Feather light weight for boxers.

Incredibly unhealthy to eat like that. There are other better solutions to losing fat instead of sacrificing gainz/health.

Edited by Worthy
1 person likes this

This is dumbest way to lose weight, sorry to break it to you bro but you're going full retard (and catabolism), I went from an unhealthy 22 % body fat to 12% bodyfat, lost like 20kg by doing keto, google the cyclo ketogenic diet, I even gained weight and lost body fat through this, but I wouldn't recommend that as you will have problems pooping and will over strain your kidneys because of the high amounts of fat and protein that you need for this to work, just do the keto diet at a small deficit, it is very easy to do and you won't have to starve yourself like you're doing right now bro, love thyself.

Great work...the tough workouts are part of the sport as long as you don't hurt yourself. If I were you I would add a second layer of sweats and a second sweatshirt once you got even a little bit used to the first. Part of what I always loved about wrestling was the intense workouts and the way it forced me to stay uncomfortable. I always thought the more uncomfortable I was in a workout (not practicing technique, mind you) the longer I'd be able to last on the mat and outlast my oponent. So...good on you for keeping up the intensity and making yourself a little miserable. FWIW, my before weigh-in workouts were always heavily layered....