Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Partyhat

[POLL] New Payment Option Called "Snapcash"

Ok, I'm sure everyone has heard of Snapchat, and if you haven't it's basically an app you download, and you can send & receive pictures, but for only 1-10 seconds and once you view them for the time that the sender, has sent for, it's disappeared forever.

Full details on what Snapchat is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapchat

Okay, that's out of the way, Snapchat has came up with this new thing called "Snapcash"

What exactly this is, you have to be first 18 or older for it to be available on your snapchat account, and then you link your debit card, to your snapchat account note: it only accepted debit cards linked to banks, not credit cards. 

It is a VERY quick process, and it takes around 30 seconds to 1 minute to send money, and receive money.

I just tried this process out today, and this is how it went;

First, I added my debit card to my Snapchat account, to do this, go to your Snapchat settings, and find Snapcash, you can't miss it. It will only be available for users on Snapchat who are 18 or older.

Then, I found a gold seller (my friend), who sold me gold for $47. They also have to have their debit card linked, so when they receive money, it goes directly on their card as cash, because we all know debit acts as cash, and debit is linked to your bank, so the money goes right into your bank account. To send them the money, you start a chat session, which if you have snapchat, you would know how, then you simply put for my case, " $47 " no quotes of course, then instead of a yellow send button, it'll change to green, then it'll ask if you're sure you want to send money to this person, then you put yes, then it's literally done.

Note, there's no fees when using this.

Snapcash is partnered with Square, which is a professional Credit Card Processing, basically you attach Square to your phone, and someone swipes their card, and it charges them, You can find all info on that here: https://squareup.com/

Note; you don't need to do that for Snapcash, its all virtually done.

Here's a link with pictures on how SnapCash works and looks, http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/17/snapcash/

So my ultimate question is, would YOU use this? 

My reasoning behind wanting to use this is simple, it's easier, and safer than PayPal.

Firstly, It's all done through Square, so there's no charge backs. 

Secondly, it's a safe alternative than to PayPal with people charging back very easily.

All of the big known reputable gold sellers require ID for their sales, so they could simply have the buyer send them a Snapchat picture of their ID, so they can confirm who they're selling to. 

Another HUGE plus is, ALL the money goes in and out of your Bank! There's no waiting 3-5 days like PayPal to transfer funds, and all the money is going directly from your bank and out of your bank, and back in.

The only downside is the limit, and location.

"Snapcash is currently only available to Snapchat users in the United States, who are at least 18 years old and who have a Visa or Mastercard debit card. According to Snapchat, the limit on funds sent can be raised to up to $2,500 per week, and $1,000 per month for funds received."

The only ways I can think of them attempting to chargeback money, is they go to their bank and claim unauthorized, but then that's where you have their IDs saved and you will have their image, name, address, and all that good stuff incase they do claim unauthorized, you can somehow track them down and confirm they authorized the purchase, but I don't know how Square, or Snapcash handles virtual sales. But it would basically be sending money to a friend.

I think this is a very solid step to selling Gold safely, instead of the Paypal ways.

Let me know what you think?

Would you use this, Yes or No?

I'm tallying up all Yes's, compared to No's.

• Like 1

What's unique about this as opposed to any other payment processor?

BTC has anonymity.

PayPal has seller options & api.

Snapcash lets you switch from smut to banking in a few taps?

Also, it's only available in the US. It wouldn't work on any international customers, which is way too limiting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our picks

• Hello TRiBot,

Today we have a significant release that has been in the works for the last month addressing several key issues, features and bugs in the backlog.

With these changes, we are also including a new TRiBot Loader which will allow you to select any version that is released. This adds the flexibility of allowing you to revert to a previous version should an issue arise, run development only builds, view an accurate change log between versions etc. we are very proud to offer this feature and think it will add a lot more functionality down the road as we continue to release new versions.

These changes include 80+ commits by our development team, a list of them is summarized below and also available for your viewing pleasure in the new TRiBot Loader.

In addition, we have taken additional steps to improve as a development team by adding continuous integration and deployment into our workflow to assist in delivering timely releases such as bug fixes as well as new features on a weekly basis depending on our development cycle.
        • Thanks
      • 39 replies
    • Over the last three weeks, I've been working on upgrading our server infrastructure. It's finally ready and is now live!

Why?

Increased reliability - less server errors

Increased availability - less downtime

Increased security - keeping us and you secure

Increased capacity - ability to serve you better

Increased speed - less waiting for things to load

Faster development - server and service updates will come faster

What are the changes?

Move from a single AWS EC2 instance to AWS ECS (Elastic Container Service)

Distributed computing

Load balancing

Git management of server files and filesystem

Redis caching

How?

AWS ECS (with 10 EC2 instances)

AWS ElastiCache (Redis)

AWS Load Balancing

AWS EFS (Elastic file system)

Please bare with us as I continue to tune the server for maximum performance. Slow loading speeds may occur temporarily. I thank everyone for their patience.

Please post on this thread if you experience any issues other than slow loading times.
      • 51 replies
    • This update features:

Fixed broken hooks from today's update

Fix wilderness level with RuneLite (Thanks @Todd)

Add support for Kotlin .class files in scripts (Thanks @wastedbro)

Overhaul Inventory API (Thanks @wastedbro)

Add List support for common methods

Change method grouping to make more sense (by functionality)

Refactor methods to utilize Java 8 streams instead of cumbersome loops

Recognize chatbox minimization (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Fix Screen#isInViewport when NPC chat is open (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Fix login bot bugs (Thanks @erickho123)

Fix hint arrow return values (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix depositAllExcept functionality (Thanks @wastedbro)

Change containing box interface bound and adjust for Y values (Thanks @erickho123)
      • 151 replies
    • This release will:

Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)

Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)

Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays

Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour

Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable

Other back-end improvements

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
      • 90 replies
    • This release will:

Add new internal framework for capturing exceptions

Fix issue with not selecting the last column in world hopper (Thanks @Todd)

Add a message about pin usage in Banking#openBank (Thanks @Todd)

Disable the firewall by default (Thanks @Todd)

Fix handling of the welcome screen after login (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix wrong amount bank withdrawal (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix Screen#isInViewport

Fix Game#isInViewport (Thanks @Encoded)

Call onBreakEnd for ListenerManager Breaking Listeners (Thanks @Encoded)

Fix Prayer#getPrayerPoints NumberFormatException (Thanks @JoeDezzy1)

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Thanks
      • 28 replies