Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

Analyzing CPU Usage

7 posts in this topic

This tutorial will cover how to analyze CPU usage of Java process by each thread. That is, you can analyze how much CPU each thread of a Java process is using.

First, you need to download this file:

topthreads-1.1.jar

Save that somewhere easily accessible.

Now, you must navigate to a JDK directory. Note: If the Java process (such as TRiBot) is using 32-bit Java, you must go to the directory containing a 32-bit JDK, and likewise for 64-bit.

You should be somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_45.

Now open the "bin" folder.

The program you'll want to run is called jconsole. But you need to boot it using a certain command to use the top threads plugin (the jar you downloaded earlier). To do this, make a new cmd/sh file with the following contents:

jconsole -pluginpath "C:\topthreads-1.1.jar"

You should replace C:\topthreads-1.1.jar with the path to wherever you saved topthreads-1.1.jar.

Run this file and it should make a window like this one appear:

Gdp7plB.png

You'll see some lines of text starting with "org.tribot.TRiBot." Those are the TRiBot processes. Open one of those up to analyze the CPU usage of TRiBot.

A window like this should appear:

y01YdhU.png

You'll notice there is a tab called "Top threads." If there isn't, your command to open jconsole was wrong somehow. Maybe the path to the top threads jar was incorrect.

Now, click the "Top threads" tab. You'll see something like this:

glIJ00V.png

Now you can analyze TRiBot's CPU usage thread-by-thread.

2 people like this

Help please i get this message:

jconsole' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

jconsole' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

Did you place the bat file inside the jdk folder?

I made a batch file with this:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\

start jconsole.exe -pluginpath "C:\Users\x\Downloads\topthreads-1.1.jar"

Once I ran that it worked just fine. :)

Some Important Information

Using the following command will automatically close the terminal window after JConsole has been opened:

start "" jconsole -pluginpath "C:\topthreads-1.1.jar"

And remember...

You should replace C:/topthreads-1.1.jar with the path to wherever you saved topthreads-1.1.jar.

Also, if you put topthreads-1.1.jar in the same directory as jconsole.exe, you won't need to specify a file path, like this:

start "" jconsole -pluginpath "topthreads-1.1.jar"
Edited by TacoManStan