Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tacomanstan's Scripter Application

Poll Title   7 members have voted

1. 1. Vote For Pedro?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Hello. I don't have much to say. But I think it would be good to have some holy santos brought to the high school...to guard the hallway and to bring us good luck. El Santo Niño de Atocha is a good one. My Aunt Concha has seen him.

And...and I'd like to see more of that. If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true. Thank you.

I started seriously coding my freshman year of high school, although I did try and code other things before then, as I was always interested in programming. My first "coding experience" was programming Lego Mindstorms in second grade, which is ironically when I started getting into RuneScape as well.

Freshman year is when I took my first programming class at my high school. Java wasn't actually my first programming language, because I programmed the TI-84 throughout 8th grade and during summer school. I managed to write a small RPG where you took on the life of a pi symbol and you fought various letters and numbers.

Throughout high school I learned more and more about Java. I wrote a dynamic multi-threaded mandelbro fractal program, a 2D platformer RPG, a 3D cube, and a bunch of other smaller projects.  Junior year I started working on my eventual goal, an open-world RPG. I had to put that on hold for school and then to make money, however, and now I'm at TRiBot reliving some childhood memories and also having fun along the way.

On a side note, I also made custom maps for Starcraft 2 for several years.

Why I Think I Deserve the Scripter Rank

First of all, as many of you probably already know, I am Starfox's roommate. Ohhhh, big deal. Kind of sounds like "Do you have any idea who my father is?" I actually say that for a reason though. Starfox and I have been working together on his scripts since he became a premium scripter. At the time I wasn't nearly as involved with TRiBot as he was, so I didn't deem it necessary for me to become a scripter as well. I figured that I would help him out with some code, and he'd buy me a pizza or something.

That has worked out fine for a while, but I think it's time that I finally also take up the rank and responsibility of being a scripter. It gets confusing when I provide support for Starfox's scripts, and of course if I make an update I have to ask him to login and upload it. So, for obvious reasons, this is why I should be a scripter, and hopefully also a premium scripter in due time.

However, that doesn't necessarily explain why I deserve the scripter rank. I think that I deserve the scripter rank because I have provided a lot to TRiBot, I always try to help out where and when I can, and I have been an instrumental part of some of the most successful scripts on TRiBot. I believe I have the ability to continue to provide TRiBot with a steady stream of quality content.

What Do I Plan on Providing the Community With

My biggest interest has always been stepping outside of the box, a prime example of this being Sigma Bot Manager, and also some of the more advanced features of Sigma Merch (both of which I wrote for Starfox). This being said, I intend on providing the community with some really interesting, useful tools and utility scripts. Most of my free scripts will likely of this nature, because I think that the community has more than enough skill-related scripts. That being said, I am always open to new concepts and ideas if someone suggests them.

You can find a link to my scripting guide here. The guide is fairly outdated (as it is almost a year old), but most of it is still relevant.

Do I Agree to...

not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community? Yes!

I am going to be uploading these to the repository soon, but for now, here is the source to my woodcutter and my interface explorer.

I only provided 2 scripts because I have actually provided significantly more content over the last 1.5 years, most of which has already been uploaded by Starfox. Below you will find a list of content that I coded for Starfox.

1. Sigma Merch
  2. Sigma Bot Manager
  3. Cached Pathfinding (used in Sigma Motherlode Miner, Sigma Bot Manger, and various other places)
  4. XML saving/loading (I'll actually be making a tutorial for this in the next couple weeks)

I would be happy to further specify which of Starfox's content I have helped contribute to if anyone requires that information.

Interface Explorer Repository Link

Woodcutter Repository Link

@xCode Oops! Fixed the link, should be correct now. Also, I suppose I should have been more clear. The projects I mentioned above were uploaded by Starfox, but are entirely my work (with the exception of the occasional snippet). We have collaborated on many parts of the framework that we both use as well, but those projects listed above are entirely my own (Sigma Merch, Sigma Bot Manager, etc).

Edited by tacomanstan
3 people like this

Your Woodcutter and Interface Explorer source code URL is both the URL of the Interface Explorer.

I know you've been helping/cooperating with Starfox a lot, but I'd really like to see more stuff from just you. Only thing I can look into atm is the Interface Explore source. :)