Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

laniax

[LAN] ScriptTools - Advanced tools to make scripting easier! (Open Source)

11 posts in this topic

[LAN] ScriptTools

Description
A collection of tools that run side-by-side of your own script. Use it to generate paths, paint pathfinding algorithms, keep track of settings and generally get info on anything around you!

Features

* Inspect Tool:
Click with your middle mouse button in the viewport or on the minimap to select a tile and display information on everything that may reside on that tile.
Including NPCs, GroundItems, Players and Objects. (screenshot)

* Paths Tool:
Click the start button and then you're off to select tiles with your middle mouse button in the viewport or on the minimap to form a path that will be drawn on screen (and minimap).
Clicking a tile again will remove it from the path.
A snippet will be generated in the GUI, and will properly format it if there are 6 or more tiles selected. (screenshot)

* NPCs & Objects Tools:
Shows a fairly straight forward table of the nearby npcs/objects. Sorted from nearest(top) to farthest(bottom) from the player.
Behind each row is a 'Draw' button which will highlight the object in the viewport! (screenshot)

* Pathfinding Tool:
Click a tile (with the middle mouse button) in the viewport or on the minimap, select a pathfinding algorithm and the generated path will be draw ingame, together with a snippet generated in the GUI. (screenshot)

* Settings Tool:
A settings explorer! There are a few of these around, but this one runs in the background! So even if you are using the, say, pathfinding tool, or running something in your own script, this will make sure you never miss a setting changing! (screenshot)

Special stuff

• Uses a special threading model so that it can continue to run in the background. Upon starting it will stop immediately, but don't panic! the GUI will appear and you will be able to start any other script to run beside it.
  • To keep the GUI right where you need it, you can (un)check a box to attach it to tribot. So when the tribot window moves, the GUI moves!
  • To select tiles you can click on the minimap as well!
  • I took effort in making the drawing of tiles/paths look good. And so it will not draw over the RS interface or other unwanted areas.
  • When a script is not active, the mouse listeners or paint classes do not work anymore. I had to recreate these myself to properly handle all the tool functionality. 
  • To stop the script simply click the red X in the right top corner of the GUI.

Not only may all these tools help your script. ScriptTools is open source and encouraged to learn from!

Activate in the Repository.

Source code available here.

Edited by laniax
5 people like this

Added a Varbit tool! This now allows to catch settings & varbits changing while developing your own script!:)

1 person likes this

I'm assuming you haven't added an area creator because you can just use the path tool correct?

I'm assuming you haven't added an area creator because you can just use the path tool correct?

That was my thinking yeah, but if anyone would like a dedicated area tool then it shouldn't take long for me to make one. I would add some features, like radial areas and maybe shifting the whole area.