Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveBot

VPS setup for botting

8 posts in this topic

It would be awesome, if anyone with knowledge about VPS could make a tutorial about setting up a VPS for botting.

I know there is a tutorial already, but it doesn't work, and there is no information in it about what you need to do

when your VPS restarts etc.

Thanks.

EDIT: Preferably for any of these operation systems, as these are the one my provider (rootnerds) provides:

CentOS 6 x64 - Minimal
CentOS 6 x64 - Minimal CentOS 6 x86 - Minimal
CentOS 6 x86 - Minimal CentOS 7 x64 - Minimal
CentOS 7 x64 - Minimal Debian 6 x64 - Minimal
Debian 6 x64 - Minimal Debian 6 x86 - Minimal
Debian 6 x86 - Minimal Debian 7 x64 - Minimal
Debian 7 x64 - Minimal Debian 7 x86 - Minimal
Debian 7 x86 - Minimal Fedora 20 x64
Fedora 20 x64 Fedora 20 x86
Fedora 20 x86 Suse 13.1 x64 - Minimal
Suse 13.1 x64 - Minimal Suse 13.1 x86 - Minimal
Suse 13.1 x86 - Minimal Ubuntu 12.04 x64 - Minimal
Ubuntu 12.04 x64 - Minimal Ubuntu 12.04 x86 - Minimal
Ubuntu 12.04 x86 - Minimal Ubuntu 14.04 x64 - Minimal
Ubuntu 14.04 x64 - Minimal Ubuntu 14.04 x86 - Minimal
Ubuntu 14.04 x86 - Minimal

Edited by SteveBot

This guide was written assuming you have CentOS 5 32Bit or 64bit installed on your VPS. You must have root access. If you don't meet these pre-requisties, stop reading now.In this guide I will go over:

• Setting up a GUI using XFCE 4.4
  • Installing: vncserver, firefox, xkill, unzip and much more
  • Installing and setting up Nexus and Powerbot

Required programs: puTTY: This is used to execute commands remotely. Download it here. TightVNC: This is used to access the VPS. Download it here.Part one: Installing required packagesFirst, open up puTTY. Put in the VPS's IP address in the field labeled 'Host Name'. Make sure the Port number is 22. After the fields have been filled in correctly, hit Open. (A dialog might open up asking for confirmation, just click Yes)Now, a terminal box should open up on your screen. Where it says "Log in as:" type in 'root' and hit enter. Afterwards, it will ask you for your root password. Type in your root password and hit enter. You should now be shown something similar to the image below:Now, it's time to setting up the VPS.Type this command in puTTY:

yum -y install nano unzip firefox xkill vnc-server

You can simply copy and paste the command.Note: Some of these packages may already be installed.Part two: Installing GUIAfter the installation is complete, stay in the terminal box. And type this command in:

yum groupinstall "XFCE-4.4"

Note: This will take roughly 5-10 minutes depending on your server's speed.During the installation you will be prompted to enter "y/N" Enter in 'y' and it will continue with the installation.Part three: Setting up vncserverYou must enter in the following commands in order for the GUI to be installed properly. [The bolded is the command, hit enter after each one]Type in:

• vncserver After you hit enter, you'll be asked to create a password. REMEMBER the password you created, as you'll need it to connect over TightVNC.
  • vncserver -kill :1
  • nano ~/.vnc/xstartup This is the most vital part of the GUI insallation. Once you enter in the above command, a bunch of words will pop up. Replace 'twm &' to 'startxfce4 &'. Make sure your screen looks JUST like the one below.
  • After you've changed it correctly; Press 'CTRL + X' then 'Y' and hit enter.
  • vncserver

Congratulations, you've just successfully set up a VPS

Copy pasted by GWL <3

P.S. For java -

Go to firefox -> google "java 8 download linux" -> select oracle website -> agree with t.o.s. -> download first file, 135mb that have "i586.rpm" at the end -> after download finished, go to root / Downloads - > left click to open terminal -> write down in terminal " rpm -ivh "that file name" - > click enter -> done, u got java 8.

Edited by guywithlsd

I'll write one over this weekend, I'll hopefully have time.

Great. Thank you very much.

This guide was written assuming you have CentOS 5 32Bit or 64bit installed on your VPS. You must have root access. If you don't meet these pre-requisties, stop reading now.In this guide I will go over:

• Setting up a GUI using XFCE 4.4
  • Installing: vncserver, firefox, xkill, unzip and much more
  • Installing and setting up Nexus and Powerbot

Required programs: puTTY: This is used to execute commands remotely. Download it here. TightVNC: This is used to access the VPS. Download it here.Part one: Installing required packagesFirst, open up puTTY. Put in the VPS's IP address in the field labeled 'Host Name'. Make sure the Port number is 22. After the fields have been filled in correctly, hit Open. (A dialog might open up asking for confirmation, just click Yes)Now, a terminal box should open up on your screen. Where it says "Log in as:" type in 'root' and hit enter. Afterwards, it will ask you for your root password. Type in your root password and hit enter. You should now be shown something similar to the image below:Now, it's time to setting up the VPS.Type this command in puTTY:

You can simply copy and paste the command.Note: Some of these packages may already be installed.Part two: Installing GUIAfter the installation is complete, stay in the terminal box. And type this command in:

Note: This will take roughly 5-10 minutes depending on your server's speed.During the installation you will be prompted to enter "y/N" Enter in 'y' and it will continue with the installation.Part three: Setting up vncserverYou must enter in the following commands in order for the GUI to be installed properly. [The bolded is the command, hit enter after each one]Type in:

• vncserver After you hit enter, you'll be asked to create a password. REMEMBER the password you created, as you'll need it to connect over TightVNC.
  • vncserver -kill :1
  • nano ~/.vnc/xstartup This is the most vital part of the GUI insallation. Once you enter in the above command, a bunch of words will pop up. Replace 'twm &' to 'startxfce4 &'. Make sure your screen looks JUST like the one below.
  • After you've changed it correctly; Press 'CTRL + X' then 'Y' and hit enter.
  • vncserver

Congratulations, you've just successfully set up a VPS

Copy pasted by GWL <3

Thank you, but the VPS I have, can only install centos 6+ and other operation systems. Trust me, I have tried

many of the tutorials I have found on google, and none of them seems to have been fully functional.

I can verify this guide works - I added a bit too it :)

Maybe my VPS provider is just trash then (perhaps hit me a pm with your provider :) ? ).

I got my VPS working with that guide yesterday, but after a few hours I couldn't connect to

the VPS anymore through VNC, so I figured it had restarted. Then I went to putty and I

logged in as root and i typed "vncserver". When I connected through VNC I couldn't really

see anything, besides some box in the top left corner.

- Perhaps I am just starting the vncserver wrong after a restart?

- I also had some problems unzipping my script so I could add it to the client

Maybe my VPS provider is just trash then (perhaps hit me a pm with your provider :) ? ).

I got my VPS working with that guide yesterday, but after a few hours I couldn't connect to

the VPS anymore through VNC, so I figured it had restarted. Then I went to putty and I

logged in as root and i typed "vncserver". When I connected through VNC I couldn't really

see anything, besides some box in the top left corner.

- Perhaps I am just starting the vncserver wrong after a restart?

- I also had some problems unzipping my script so I could add it to the client

If you're using rootnerds, they're fantastic!

Edited by Will