Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kattoor

MobaMon

12 posts in this topic

MobaMon will be a small Moba, situated in the Pokémon universe.

Not much to say about it yet since I haven't had much time yet to put much work into the project.
Right now you can host a server with any amount of players you'd like, and just walk on the map together.

If I actually have the time to finish this, I'll put many pokemon aspects in this game.
Some examples: evolving at certain levels, unlocking new pokemon-specific attacks on certain levels, pokemon as heroes obviously, jungle camps by Team Rocket members, Lugia and Ho-oh as titans etc..

The client and server are written in Java, the masterserver will probably be written in C# and F# .NET.
This is still subject to change though.

Any tips and/or suggestions are highly appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/mobamon

Edited by kattoor

cool idea!! go in a cool fresh style dont go league of legends if anything try to copy dota and heroes of newerth man they are great mobas

Edited by Arees187

cool idea!! go in a cool fresh style dont go league of legends if anything try to copy dota and heroes of newerth man they are great mobas

Thanks!

Since I have only played Smite I really do not know what I could take from those first-gen mobas :P

I do know however that LoL has this grass-invisibility which I actually am going to implement in MobaMon since pokemon tend to hide in high grass (:

I love this idea! I'm not much of a game developer more just software to fix peoples needs and a web developer :) Keep working hard man it looks wonderful.

Not to be rude but this looks verry weird and not fun at all, If its youre first game its nice to be a first game

Not to be rude but this looks verry weird and not fun at all, If its youre first game its nice to be a first game

May I ask why you find this weird?

Please keep in mind this game is still in development, it's nowhere near a releasable state.

Almost none of the basic functions like basic attacks, special attacks, towers, minions etc have been implemented yet!

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback!

Good job man, what platforms are you planning to release this on? 

The .NET masterserver, which keeps track of all player-hosted-rooms, will be hosted on a Windows machine (.NET is being ported to Linux in the near future though).

The player-hosted-room (server) and the playable client itself are both written in Java so will be available cross-platform!

I'm writing the masterserver in .NET so I can use the Entity Framework and the ASP.NET MVC5 framework :D Also I'd like to start learning about functional programming in F#!

Edited by kattoor

Mildly confused as to why there's a duplicate trailing behind one that's moving, but only on the moving one's client, not the others.

Looks quite good so far, though I can't help but feel it's lacking something - Probably doesn't help I was never that keen on Pokémon, but everything you mentioned already exists in Pokémon and I can't see a compelling feature.

Probably the worst advice I've heard, you're saying that due to bias, not due to success.

League has 67 million players, which leads over Dota by ~60 million, I'm sure it's rather easy from here to tell which is the better example of a Moba - Not to mention that those values are as of January 2014, League has grown exponentially since then.

And considering your logic is entirely based around your own preferences, might I suggest reading the definition of subjective.

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+subjective

Edited by Mizore

Mildly confused as to why there's a duplicate trailing behind one that's moving, but only on the moving one's client, not the others.

Looks quite good so far, though I can't help but feel it's lacking something - Probably doesn't help I was never that keen on Pokémon, but everything you mentioned already exists in Pokémon and I can't see a compelling feature.

The 'delay' you see on the screen is just something I did for testing purposes!

And it might indeed be lacking something since there isn't even any form of attacking your opponents in the material I provided in this topic.

I am confused however about you saying "everything you mentioned already exists in Pokémon and I can't see a compelling feature"? I hope you understand I'm building a MOBA and not an RPG.

@kattoor

I can't quote you for some reason.

I do understand you're making a MOBA, the point I'm making is that the game "features" are entirely from Pokémon, for example;

"evolving at certain levels, unlocking new pokemon-specific attacks on certain levels, pokemon as heroes obviously, jungle camps by Team Rocket members, Lugia and Ho-oh as titans etc.."

All these features are just from Pokémon and generic Moba gameplay, there's nothing remotely new or interesting about it.

I understand it's in development, however that's not the point.

I do understand you're making a MOBA, the point I'm making is that the game "features" are entirely from Pokémon, for example;

"evolving at certain levels, unlocking new pokemon-specific attacks on certain levels, pokemon as heroes obviously, jungle camps by Team Rocket members, Lugia and Ho-oh as titans etc.."

All these features are just from Pokémon and generic Moba gameplay, there's nothing remotely new or interesting about it.

Well, those features actually are meant to be exactly like Pokemon.

If not, I wouldn't be calling this a "small Moba, situated in the Pokémon universe", now would I?

I really don't see why this small project should transcend games of multinational gaming corporations, played by millions?

Nevermind, it's evident you don't get it lol.

Do you recall me saying you should be more successful than a multimillion business? No.

I'm saying your game will be boring if it's a literal replica of two games, which you seemingly can't understand.