Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

chrismoon

[Mac] How To: Resolve Most Problems With TRiBot [Pics]

31 posts in this topic

TRiBot not showing up after logging in?

Receiving a "Java null" error?

Scripts not loading?

Any other issue using TRiBot on your mac?

Fix #1

First thing you need to do is verify the latest version of Java is running on your Mac (available for download here).
To see what version you're currently running,

• Click on the  at the top left of your screen
  • Click "System Preferences..."
  • Click on the "Java" option at the bottom and the Java Control Panel should open in a separate window
  • In the General tab, click on the "About..." option.
  • Verify this is the most recent version available from the download link up top.

Fix #2

Next, you need to verify you have the correct .jdk, or Java Development Kit. Before starting your TRiBot client, you tell it which jdk to reference, as seen here

wbdsuw7.png

Many, if not most, issues with the client on Macs are due to the jdk being outdated. To download the latest, go here, accept the License Agreement, and download the OS X version.

The file downloaded will be a .dmg file. Open it up and you'll be able to install it (only with Administrator privileges, of course).

To see what versions you have installed on your Mac,

• Click on the Spotlight search option in the top-right (or just type cmd+spacebar) and search for "Finder."
  • Once in the Finder window, click on the "Go" option in the very top bar.
  • Click "Go To Folder..." and type this in, then click Go: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
  • You should see the available options to choose when starting your TRiBot client.
  • Verify the latest jdk is present, should see something like this:

Us56sbu.png

Most common issues with loading the client should be resolved if you've verified both are up to date. 

If you're curious, here's a post I found that helps explain the difference between the two and why these steps are necessary:

"The JRE" is, as the name implies, an environment. It's basically a bunch of directories with Java-related files, to wit:

• /bin with executable programs like java and (for Windows) javaw, which are essentially the program that is the Java virtual machine;
  • /lib with a large number of supporting files: Some jars, configuration files, property files, fonts, sounds, icons... all the "trimmings" of Java. Most important are rt.jar and a possibly a few of its siblings, which contain the "java API," i.e. the Java library code.
  • Somewhere, possibly squirreled away by the installer to some directory specified by the operating system, are some .DLLs (for Windows) or .so's (Unix/Linux) with supporting, often system-specific native binary code.

The JDK is also a set of directories. It looks a lot like the JRE but it contains a directory (called JRE) with a complete JRE, and it has a number of development tools, most importantly the Java compiler javac in its bin directory.

Fix #3 
If none of the above work, another thing you can try that has been found to solve some issues is deleting your tribot folder, tribot loader, restarting, and redownloading:

If you've used TRiBot on your mac, your tribot folder will be here:

1. Click on Finder

DucVzYt.png

2. In the menu bar, click "Go," then choose the "Go To Folder..." option

zBiuOaY.png

3. Paste this into the box changing "YOUR MAC USERNAME" to whatever is in your upper right corner. USE LOWERCASE LETTERS.

• /Users/"YOUR MAC USERNAME"/Library/Application Support/

1FBkWpo.png

4. Delete the tribot folder, then delete your TRiBot_Loader.jar file used to start TRiBot.

5. Restart your mac and redownload the file from TRiBot.org.

• THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT "APPLICATION SUPPORT" FOLDERS.
  • IF YOU SEE FOLDERS LIKE "ApplePushService," "CrashReporter," "com.apple.TCC," YOU'RE IN THE WRONG APPLICATION SUPPORT FOLDER.

If you are still having any issues, PM me, post here, or add me on Skype and I and/or someone else will do our best to help get your client started.

Note: If you ask for help, I will require you to post a screenshot of your java and jdk version, proving you've already tried what's been recommended so far.

Edited by chrismoon
5 people like this

This could be very helpful for some users, nice tutorial :).

1 person likes this

Added [Mac] to front of title so more people could see before clicking ;).

Great work on the tutorial, I know lots of users have issues on mac and having the fixes documented well like this will really help out.

Thank you for that! I always forget the titles get cut off. It's unfortunate "mac" isn't even searchable by users  :( d1c9c28900f2afda08fa3e3effcfbfd7.png

Edited by chrismoon
1 person likes this

Thank you for that! I always forget the titles get cut off. It's unfortunate "mac" isn't even searchable by users  :( d1c9c28900f2afda08fa3e3effcfbfd7.png

Yea always hated that forum software search has a 4 character limit, gets in the way all the time.

Googling "site:https://tribot.org/forums/ mac" is nice workaround.

Replace mac with #yourfavoritewordunder4characters

Heya! First of all... thanks for all the work u put into this! I am sure it has helped tons of people! :D  But sadly it did not work for me. :(  I would love if U could help me out on trying to get the bot to work. I am using a Macbook Pro and I can get the bot to "Load" But the actual Bot GUI Or whatever u call it never comes up. Only this little Java Icon is on the launch bar. nyGAjTH.png

I attached 2 pictures to show that I did all of ur steps. Thx in advance! 

~Lordpriford

post-184453-0-39020400-1423201081_thumb.

post-184453-0-35988900-1423201085_thumb.

@Lordpriford

So you can login, another box shows up and says it's successfully loaded or whatnot, but the actual client never shows up? Or the scripts don't show up once the client loads?

Same thing is happening to me as @Lordpriford. I have updated everything and when I log in, the first screen pops up and does it things, ending with green font saying" tribot loaded successfully"  that box goes away as a java icon appears(says Tribot) nothing happens after this. I have to close application and retry.

Same thing is happening to me as @Lordpriford. I have updated everything and when I log in, the first screen pops up and does it things, ending with green font saying" tribot loaded successfully"  that box goes away as a java icon appears(says Tribot) nothing happens after this. I have to close application and retry.

Did you follow the entire guide, word for word?

@Lordpriford

So you can login, another box shows up and says it's successfully loaded or whatnot, but the actual client never shows up? Or the scripts don't show up once the client loads?

Yes... The actual client never shows up. 

Edit: Okay... so now I have launched Tribot with the console and it turns out the file

"/Users/MicahMarchand/Library/APPLICATION SUPPORT/tribot/dependancies/libTOGL.so"

is missing. And I think this might be the problem.

It gives me the Error:

"Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /Users/MicahMarchand/Library/APPLICATION SUPPORT/tribot/dependancies/libTOGL.so"

Edit2: Okay! So now I tried to run OS Runescape... and It works. But I don't use OS Runescape. So that does not help any really. RS3, the version I want to use, is the one I have tried to get working.

Edited by Lordpriford

@EsGucci

RS3 is known to have issues with TRiBot on most platforms, but OSRS is 100% supported.

Have also done all of the above, updated everything and all but once I login everything seems find and a green "Tribot will now load" appears and then attempts to launch the client but nothing happens and the loading screen just disappears, for OSRS too. Help please.

Edited by hamovolcano

hey. im running into the same problem as some of these guys. followed all the steps step for step and nothing turned out working. The client just never shows up. I get the log in screen and then this shows up. bought it last night and it worked fine and mid night just went to crap. would appreciate some help thanks

post-200326-0-72419800-1425631960_thumb.

Hi, whenever I try to start TRiBot it comes up with an error message and it automatically closes the loader. I tried everything you said but nothing is working. 

EiJSMxt.png

Please help

Sup man, i did every step, took some time to find the folders as im on diff languages but i got it done. Yet the tribot keeps closing after logging in. Java 7.40, Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10.2

Sup man, i did every step, took some time to find the folders as im on diff languages but i got it done. Yet the tribot keeps closing after logging in. Java 7.40, Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10.2

Have you tried using java version 8.31?

Hi, I have an annoying issue with me not being the slightest bit close to opening the program. 

http://gyazo.com/340eb44995eb4926125859defc784d88

This up here ^ shows that i have no JDK directory set for the bot to even function. Then i get this when i attempt to log in; http://gyazo.com/851b17469925d56fb72e4d0df59f99fe .

Can someone please help and tell me what to do? I've done everything in the guide with no prevail. 

I am done trying to fix this on my own. Willing to pay in GP or paypal for someone to fix this for me, add my skype, ''calle-fiskare''

Great work on the tutorial, I know lots of users have issues on mac and having the fixes documented well like this will really help out.

@YoHoJo Think we could replace the currently pinned Mac tutorial with mine? Should make it a little more visible so I don't have to keep copy/pasting the link in threads  :angel:

Edited by chrismoon
1 person likes this