• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
Illuminati666

No GE please

Here, I'm going to briefly talk about the current trading system in relation to an instantaneously-trading and possibly offline trading system (G.E. or an approximate):

As is, the very fact that I own more than one type of item has intrinsic value (as holding onto multiple of a variety of items allows for me to meet the demands of would-be traders, and meet my own personal needs while saving time). Likewise, I've spent time and effort holding onto multiples of every herb, ore, rune and resource in the game.

Likewise, with an instantaneous Grand Exchange where coins equate ownership of
an item (as all items are instantly available at all times), every single item in the game loses value in relation to the coin, because there is no value in actually having the item itself.

Therefore, an instantaneous G.E. discourages players from actually having items, because it would be easier to simply have coins and then spend them as needed over working to acquire ownership of a diversity of items.

This will likely reflect in a lower coin-value of all items in game as well as a buyer-driven market (again, having coins will have inherently higher power than owning items). This will further increase the disparity between skilling players and high-level PvM players to the point where skilling will only be significantly profitable via mass-botting.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I'll be unable to view items in-game with the same level of appeal. There's something to be said of having a herb that I can clean and turn into a potion on a dime. There's something to be said of being the one guy in the bank who can forge a full set of X or Y from scratch.

With an instantaneous G.E., all items just become coins. Less of a physical item (relative to the in-game) and more of a metaphysical concept.

And that is why our trading post should stay the same*

T'L';DR - If everything I need is in a super vending-machine in my house, there's no point in me owning food.

Array

Stop spaming the same topic about a fucking GE. 

He obviously double posted by accident. Id count your post as spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion. Plus you're a dweeb. I welcome the GE, not by choice, but on the bases that it will pass wither I(we) like it or not. The majority of the player base want it and its an easy cope out for Jagex on the issue of trading.

• Like 1

He obviously double posted by accident. Id count your post as spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion. Plus you're a dweeb. I welcome the GE, not by choice, but on the bases that it will pass wither I(we) like it or not. The majority of the player base want it and its an easy cope out for Jagex on the issue of trading.

He did not accidentally double post. They're in different sections, with different titles, just the same body.

• Like 1

whats your thought on my post?

I think it's pretty hypocritical since you're posting it on a bot site. I play the games and bot at games which require grinding because I like the instant or effortless gratification. I want to be able to attain my items and stats without working for them and I assume you do since you bot as well. Same goes for supplies. I don't want to have to track someone down for hours to buy a quest item I can't get or have to deal with trading post manipulators to find a legit seller who's selling at an inflated price. 

I think it's pretty hypocritical since you're posting it on a bot site. I play the games and bot at games which require grinding because I like the instant or effortless gratification. I want to be able to attain my items and stats without working for them and I assume you do since you bot as well. Same goes for supplies. I don't want to have to track someone down for hours to buy a quest item I can't get or have to deal with trading post manipulators to find a legit seller who's selling at an inflated price. 

they should just add a qest shop or if they do add the ge maybe have very strict limits?

he posted it 4 times. and how can you see my post as spam? your explanation of spam is wrong.

I don't want to bump this topic now I know it's SPAM but I cannot be bothered to look for a more relevent thread. I Personally vote no to the g.e purely for nostalgic reasons only. I've read a lot of pro's & con's from what people have said on various botting message boards, But in the end, what really matters is that it's already going to happen with the vote being in almost complete favour, so we all must deal with it.

It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds in the coming weeks, I have no idea when they will be implementing the new trading but I'm sure it will be in good time and not rushed.

I think Jagex should make no G.E. but more something like in WOW (Auctionhouse), its a sort of an in game zybez..it would be a good solution for both the collecters and the merchers, well in my eyes atleast! It has instant trading but you can set your own price and see all other prices and amounts..So uncutting and selling bulk is still possible!

I think Jagex should make no G.E. but more something like in WOW (Auctionhouse), its a sort of an in game zybez..it would be a good solution for both the collecters and the merchers, well in my eyes atleast! It has instant trading but you can set your own price and see all other prices and amounts..So uncutting and selling bulk is still possible!

I'm sure they'll poll what kind of system that will be implented if the GE poll goes through

As is, the very fact that I own more than one type of item has intrinsic value (as holding onto multiple of a variety of items allows for me to meet the demands of would-be traders, and meet my own personal needs while saving time). Likewise, I've spent time and effort holding onto multiples of every herb, ore, rune and resource in the game.

The very fact that your sole motive of doing this is in order to make a profit via someone's willingness to pay a premium in exchange for easy of access, further edifies the argument that the repercussions experienced due to the shift in economic framework would be limited to those who held assumptions and invested in that type of manipulation of their own resources. Already, the majority sells items they outlevel or have no need, especially if they need the already invested cost to buy additional resources (rune->dragon for example). 

Likewise, with an instantaneous Grand Exchange where coins equate ownership of an item (as all items are instantly available at all times), every single item in the game loses value in relation to the coin, because there is no value in actually having the item itself.

This makes the assumption that players will not buy resources until the moment they are needed. Obviously, this is not the case because factors not limited to price fluctuation, anticipated goals, relation of item cost compared to % of total wealth spent on the item, and supply/demand of items already influence a players ability to add purchasing power to the market. 

Therefore, an instantaneous G.E. discourages players from actually having items, because it would be easier to simply have coins and then spend them as needed over working to acquire ownership of a diversity of items.

This is also making the assumption that the availability and supply of items would discourage users from stockpiling, which is fallacious. The ease of access would INCREASE my inclination to get all items I think I will need so I wouldn't have to worry about it again. Stockpiling will be easier and more-so encouraged with the implementation of the ge. Users knowing they can just sell items in the same manner purchased adds to buying confidence as well as power.

T'L';DR - If everything I need is in a super vending-machine in my house, there's no point in me owning food.

Right now, you have to go to the grocery store to buy food. If there's suddenly the same grocery store available in a compact form somehow managing to offer the same service without requiring nearly the opportunity cost as before, what the hell would you be complaining about? You buy perishable food as needed (i.e. rune pickaxe for 41-60), and you stock up on non-perishable goods you know you'll buy consistently to prevent you from returning prematurely (varr tele tabs).

The only consequence is that convenience stores (merchers, like yourself) that are closer than the grocery store don't make extra profit because people don't justify the convenience/shorter drive/smaller time investment for a slightly more expensive product (what you've stocked up with hopes of higher margins), mainly because convenience stores (merchers) aren't on our way to the grocery store (sellers on zybez) anymore.

For the whole, it's obviously going to make things more convenient, consistent, and confident. Blockbuster was good while it lasted, but they're the only ones who get fucked over with something as amazing as Redbox.

Anything else you'd like to blindly speculate, Blockbuster @Illuminati666?

tl;dr: Illuminati's fallacious economic analysis is based off of intended or unintended personal assumptions applying to the whole, when it's in fact quite the opposite.

"Therefore, an instantaneous G.E. discourages players from actually having items, because it would be easier to simply have coins and then spend them as needed over working to acquire ownership of a diversity of items."

Wrong in my experience. I know peoples of both parties and they both have their justifications as to why they spend their money or save their money. Also with the current economy, most items are very stable. Meaning, if I buy 1 pure essence for 25gp now to "collect items", I could very well sell it back for 25gp in later months to come. 

I understand that an instantaneous trading system will be...well, instantaneous, but this leftover time of not searching for a deal or selling items is spent otherwise : 
Doing other skills
Improving on or making their alternate account(s)
Doing something IRL

It is certainly not used for quitting the game because the trade system is bronze-age.

etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DragonDyce
      The creators of Runescape Gambling back from February 2011. Starting off originally at Juliet's house, then moving to W2 Grand Exchange till this day we thrive to provide excellent and legitimate gambling services to our customers providing the best and safest gambling methods available with up to date gambling system's in excellence.   Our services can be found on our Website or Discord.   -Website : Creators of online MMO Gambling -New Discord Server : https://discord.gg/wMjd4Km    Sport Betting  Multiple Dice/Card Games  Gold Swapping 07<>RS3  Gold Buying/Selling 07 and RS3  Daily 100M 07 Gold Raffle     -Join our website Creators of online MMO Gambling. -Click on "Game Room". -Choose yourself a nickname. -Once inside the game room type !ranks/!hosts, it will give you a list of names, right click one of the hosts with % or @ sign and message. -Get your free 250K roll upon joining after messaging the ranks. -Ranks will assist you and guide you through the process of gambling and cashing in/out.   Website/IRC Games:  Prize Chests Roulette  Bomb DefuseBomb  Dice Duel  Card Duel  Black Jack  Death match  Over/Under  Hot and Cold  Slot Machine  54x2, 44x2, 70x3 77x4, 82x5, 88x7, 91x8
    • By Optimus
      Welcome to Optimus AIO Combat & Magic Lite Edition!
      Note: Because this is the Lite Version of the script, certain features have been disabled. To unlock all features please visit the premium edition thread: 
      Glossary:
      1. Description

2. Combat Overview
           2.1 What Can the Script Kill
           2.2 Core Combat
           2.3 Looting
           2.4 Banking
           2.5 Progressive Training
           2.6 Worldhopping
      3. Magic Overview
           3.1 Regular Spellbook
           3.2 Ancient Spellbook
           3.3 Lunar Spellbook
           3.4 Combo Alching
      4. Repository Information
      5. Testimonials
      6. Gallery
      Total Runtime Statistics:

GUI Preview: 

1. Description:
      Optimus AIO Combat & Magic is a script engineered to safely train up your Combat, Magic and Slayer skills using nearly every training method available in the game.

Using ABC2 technology and thousands of hours of real human playing data, the script now out-performs most human players, while also avoiding bot-detection and staying under the radar from Jagex.
      2. Combat Overview:
      2.1 What Can the Script Kill?:
      The script is capable of killing every monster in the game, below are some noteworthy opponents: 
      Dragons - Including Green, Blue, Red, Black, Brutal, Adamant& Rune dragons - Amazing for goldfarming or training up your account.  Slayer monsters - Dark Beasts, Cave Krakens, Abyssal Demons, Drakes, Spiritual Mages/Warriors, Wyverns, Nechryaels, Gargoyles, Dust Devils & everything below. It will automatically use the required slayer items for finishing.  Crabs - The script can kill ALL types of crabs: Rock, Sand, Swamp and Ammonite crabs! are all supported. The script will reset the aggressiveness when they stop waking up.  Experiments - Insane XP for pures. Yaks - Insane XP for mains. Chaos druids - Good goldfarming for medium level accounts. All wilderness monsters - Good for farming emblems & wildy slayer.  Dagannoths - Insane XP, I recommend bringing a cannon for maximum gains.  Nightmare Zone Bosses - The script can kill all bosses inside NMZ and drink all the potions. It will end once the dream is complete.  Stronghold of Security and other dungeons - The script supports all of these locations.  Plus 1000's of other monsters - Literally anything you can think of, some people even use it for KBD.  2.2 Core Combat:
      Below are some of the core features that make the script so powerful. Using the features mentioned below the script can perform just as good as any player. 
      Custom fight areas - You can specify exactly where in the game you want the script to fight. Either with a polygon or a circle. Below is an example of a polygon fight area. Dwarf multicannon - The script will place, reload, pickup and stop your cannon decaying. Prayer - The script can use all prayers, including quick prayer, and even recharge your prayer at nearby altars.  Potions - Including Divine, Extended, Super, Regular, Energy, Stamina & NMZ potions.  Special Attacks - Supports every special attack weapon in the game, including weapon switching.  Guthans - The script can switch to Guthan's to heal, then switch back to your primary gear once hp is recovered.  Resetting Aggressiveness - The script can detect when monsters stop being aggressive towards you, and run away to reset the aggro.  Food - It can eat every type of food in the game. Even multiple types of food, simply seperate their names with a comma E.G Lobster, Swordfish. Bones to peaches - The script efficiently uses Bones to peach tablets if you've got them in your inventory.  Safe spotting - Safely train combat from a distance without taking any damage.  Uses slayer items to finish kills - Bags of salt, ice coolers, rock hammer etc. Detects if you've unlocked the slayer ability to auto-kill.  Bone burrying - Train up your prayer! 2.3 Looting:
      Looting by item name or ID - Simple to setup Looting by item price - E.G Loot all items over 500gp - Fetches prices from the Runescape grand exchange. Telekinetic grab support - For those hard to reach places.  High alching - Turn your loot into gold while you train! Pickup and re-equip ammo - Supports all ammo types. Ironman looting - The script will automatically detect if you're an Ironman, and loot accordingly.  Looting bag & Herb sack  - The script will automatically use them if you're carrying one. Accurate profit calculations  - Track your gains on screen or with your dynamic signature.  2.4 Banking:
      Supports every bank in the game - Can use every bank chest / booth / banker in RS. Fully customisable inventory setups. Tip 1: When withdrawing potions or charged jewellery, you can type (*) Instead of the dose number and it will withdraw whatever dose is highest in the bank. 
      For example Ring of duelling(*).  Tip 2: You can also type 0 as the quantity, and it will withdraw-all of the item instead of a specific quantity. 
      For example these settings would make it withdraw all of your cannonballs, then fill your inventory with lobsters.

Supports all Teleports - The script can use all teleport methods including Spells, Tabs, Jewelery & Scrolls + more. Will bank for multiple conditions: 
      - Hp is below a set %.
      - Inventory is full.
      - Out of food.
      - Out of runes.
      - Out of ammo.
      - Out of all potions.
      - Out of prayer potions.
      - Out of antifire potions.
      - Out of cannonballs.
      - Before a break starts.
      - When your slayer task is complete. Heals to full HP at the bank - To save food during your trip, it'll heal up in the bank.  Logs out when you're out of supplies. 2.5 Progressive training: 
      The script can do the following when you level up, or after x amount of time:
      Upgrade equipment - E.g upgrade to Rune scimitar when you reach 40 attack. Change attack styles - E.g switch to Strength training after you reach 40 attack Change training method / location - The script can completely switch training methods, e.g Rock crabs to 60 strength, then go train magic to 70 alching, then switch back to Chaos druids after an hour. All without stopping the script.  2.6 Worldhopping: 
      The script uses both the ingame worldhopper and login screen worldhopper to find the ideal training spot. Note: All of these settings are optional. 
      Supports F2P, Members & DMM worlds  - It will automatically detect which you're in, and select worlds accordingly.  Worldhop when x players in your area - The script can count how many players are around and worldhop if it gets too busy.  Worldhop when there's a cannon in your spot - To avoid reduced XP / GP rates. Worldhop when there's a Jagex Moderator nearby - A safety precaution.  Worldhop when the break handler activated - So someone doesn't see you training for prolong periods of time. Worldhop when someone talks in your area. 3. Magic Overview:
      The script can train with pretty much every training method available, from Air strike to Ice barrage, it's all supported. 
      (The script can also loot, use cannon etc while using non-combat methods).

3.1 Regular Spellbook
      The script can use the following regular spellbook spells, both in combat & out of combat.
      Splashing Strike spells Bolt spells Blast spells Surge spells Enchant jewelry spells Superheat items Enchant crossbow bolt spells Curse spells Alchemy spells Teleport spells 3.2 Ancient Spellbook
      The script can use the following ancient spellbook spells.
      All rush spells All burst spells All blitz spells All barrage spells 3.3 Lunar Spellbook
      The script can traing using the following lunar spellbook spells.
      Humidify Superglass Make Tan Leather Plank Make Spin Flax String Jewelry  3.4 Combo Alching
      The script can also Combo alch, meaning it will cast the high alchemy spell after using another spell to recieve rapid XP.
      It can combo alch with the following spells:
      Combat / Alch - E.G Fire surge & Alch at the same time Curse / Alch - From curse up to stun it's all supported. Earn up to 180K XP/Hour Teleport / Alch - Very fast XP.  4. Repository Information:
      To activate the script on the repository, please use the following links:
        https://tribot.org/repository/script/id/3097-optimus-combat-magic/ - Lite Version

https://tribot.org/repository/script/id/651-optimus-combat-magic/ - Premium Version
      Note: There is a 10 hour FREE TRIAL for anybody who wants to try out the PREMIUM VERSION of the script on the repository   5. Testimonials:

6. Gallery:
      Killing 15,000 abyssal demons and getting over 26 whips on one account.

• By komle
      Payment methods: Paypal, Revolut, Skrill, Paysera, Monese

Discord: Dollar99#1429
      Facebook: DKGolden
      Online! Livechat --> WWW.DKGOLDEN.COM
    • By Cas_M
      No longer associated with this website.

• By Cas_M
      No longer associated with this website.

• By im4ever12c
      HerbloreHGK
      (Currently under development)

Hello all,
      This being my first large-scale project when it comes to scripting, I thought I would share my current project that is coming together much more quickly than I anticipated. I figured I would keep this thread updated and use it for the script download page. There is still much work to be put into this project, and still have tons of ideas flying around in my head to be added to this.
      Please leave any requests / suggested ideas and thoughts in the comments, I really am curious as to what people have to say, questions and ideas to be added.
      I am still bouncing around the idea to make this open-source or not, if you have any questions of code, please PM me, I will be happy to share my ideas and work.
      I will be running this script 24/7 on multiple accounts to each change and share progress of the account (starting at level 3 herblore before running the script with a stack of 50,000 coins.).
      I will upload media once I get a tracker implemented on the painting.
      V1.0.1 (02/19/2020)
      Herb Cleaning support Added Grimy toadflax & Toadflax to be supported in cleaning. Added Grimy avantoe & Avantoe to be supported in cleaning. Implemented a more logical and informational, yet basic, screen paint. Displays script version, runtime, profit, herb information (i,e: herbs cleaned, herbs bought, herbs sold), total experience gained, and total levels gained, and current task that is being performed on the script (made basic). Fixed a few minor/major bugs Removed/changed some unnecessary sleep events Hard-coded a fail-safe timer that will prevent the script from glitching/getting stuck in a loop of code it cannot surpass.  Fixed an issue that would prevent the script from sharing a bank-screen/grand exchange window during different tasks, regardless if both tasks required the same interface Fixed an issue that would not allow the script to check if it has enough coins in the inventory to purchase the required herbs before attempting to make an offer. Removed hard-coded herb cleaning timer, and is now waiting for the xp drop before continuing to the next action. Current known issues to fix: Will make an offer to buy grimy herbs, even if there are some remaining in the bank before withdrawing the remaining to clean Run-time timer does not display properly Current task remains NULL at all times Closes bank or grand exchange after every action, regardless if the next action needs the same window, and will then re-open it if needed. (This affects GP+XP/hr massively) Currently using a fixed amount to purchase items at. This may be a disadvantage if prices change for the better or worse. (This could initiate a loss of GP over time) Will go to the most expensive herb even if it can only afford one, and will clean these one at a time, sell back, and purchase once again until it gains enough profit for 2/3/4 etc..  (This affects GP+XP/hr tremendously) Using fixed wait methods instead of waiting for actions to be completed. (This is an issue just because the fact that if an action takes 1 second, it will still take a 5 second break, slowing down GP+XP/hr moderately) V1.0.0 (02/18/2020)
      Currently have all logic operating correctly. Herb Cleaning support Added Grimy guam leaf & guam leaf to be supported in cleaning. Added Grimy marrentil & Marrentil  to be supported in cleaning. Added Grimy tarromin & Tarromin to be supported in cleaning. Added Grimy harralander & Harralander to be supported in cleaning. Added Grimy ranarr weed & Ranarr weed to be supported in cleaning. Grand exchange support Buys grimy herbs based on your herblore level to clean for the largest XP/hr + GP/hr. Will keep track of the GP stack on the account and will calculate the maximum number of herbs it can purchase If your GP stack is to low to buy more grimy herbs, it will withdraw all cleaned herbs and sell back to the grand exchange and will use all GP collected to continue it's purchase process. Bank support Uses bankers at the Grand Exchange for banking. If you do not have GP in your inventory for the grand exchange support, it will withdraw from your bank to accomplish it's purchase task If you do not have GP for the herbs, this will withdraw all clean herbs in a noted format to sell to the grand exchange Deposits all items in your inventory to your bank besides coins to begin the cleaning process Current known issues to fix: Closes bank or grand exchange after every action, regardless if the next action needs the same window, and will then re-open it if needed. (This affects GP+XP/hr massively) Will attempts to buy herbs before it registers the GP is to low for the attempted purchase amount, which then initiates the selling phase. (This affects GP+XP/hr massively) Currently using a fixed amount to purchase items at. This may be a disadvantage if prices change for the better or worse. (This could initiate a loss of GP over time) Will go to the most expensive herb even if it can only afford one, and will clean these one at a time, sell back, and purchase once again until it gains enough profit for 2/3/4 etc..  (This affects GP+XP/hr tremendously) Currently no method to detect if the bot is stuck during a step. (This could rouse suspicion if the bot becomes glitched/stuck which could generate reports against your account.) Using fixed wait methods instead of waiting for actions to be completed. (This is an issue just because the fact that if an action takes 1 second, it will still take a 5 second break, slowing down GP+XP/hr moderately)

• By Dovis Gold
      Discord: DovisGold#3723
      Discord ID Unique: 569672499537903616
    • By Frostt
      ▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽▽

Few of our previous payouts below 

• By burntish
      Welcome to my Bond Shop!

Are you looking to buy a bond for cheap? You have come to the right place!
      Check with me for the current prices!

If you don't have a Skype feel free to Pm me or post on this thread.

My only Skype: BurntishSwap
      Discord: Burntish#8295

Beware of Impostors! Always ask for Pm confirmation before a trade!

If you are interested in buying/selling bonds contact me after filling in this form:

Are you Buying or Selling Bonds?
      How many Bonds are you Buying/Selling?
      How are you sending/receiving Payment?
  • Our picks

• Over the past few months, I’ve been working diligently on a new project - TRiBot X. Everything has been written from the ground up, with all of the best practices of software engineering. Every aspect of TRiBot has been re-imagined to support three main goals: flexibility, useability, and reliability.
      • 50 replies
    • Come give us feedback on the next version of TRiBot!
        • Thanks
      • 86 replies
    • TRiBot is looking to improve a lot of its customer relationship management, customer on boarding process, customer experience, design elements, community engagement and pretty much everything else you can imagine when it comes to marketing.

Our goal: To ensure that the marketing done TRULY reflects the experience and does not shine an inaccurate light on what TRiBot is lacking in.

So I ask, what do you love about TRiBot and what do you hate about TRiBot? What does O S Bot, Rune M8, PowR Bot and Dre amBot do better? (yes I purposely didn't spell it right 😂).

Love, 

RileyZ
      • 25 replies
    • Over the last three weeks, I've been working on upgrading our server infrastructure. It's finally ready and is now live!

Why?

Increased reliability - less server errors

Increased availability - less downtime

Increased security - keeping us and you secure

Increased capacity - ability to serve you better

Increased speed - less waiting for things to load

Faster development - server and service updates will come faster

What are the changes?

Move from a single AWS EC2 instance to AWS ECS (Elastic Container Service)

Distributed computing

Load balancing

Git management of server files and filesystem

Redis caching

How?

AWS ECS (with 10 EC2 instances)

AWS ElastiCache (Redis)

AWS Load Balancing

AWS EFS (Elastic file system)

Please bare with us as I continue to tune the server for maximum performance. Slow loading speeds may occur temporarily. I thank everyone for their patience.

Please post on this thread if you experience any issues other than slow loading times.
      • 51 replies
    • This release will:

Fix prayers and world hopper API (Thanks @JoeDezzy1 and @erickho123)

Improve banking API (Thanks @Encoded)

Adds methods for returning and using Java Lists, rather than arrays

Slightly randomizes some hardcoded behaviour

Removes sleeps from waitConditions; the efficiency saving potential is negligible in these use-cases, therefore cleaner code is preferable

Other back-end improvements

Note: If you are using LG, please restart both the RS client and TRiBot.
        • Sad
        • Haha
        • Thanks
      • 90 replies