Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2inch

ON Casein

8 posts in this topic

Good shit, bought for like $49 for 4lb from bb.c om, had to pay shipping though to aus so :| Worth getting if you're looking for a slow release overnight protein though, 4lb will last 2 months

slow release overnight is bullshit, you won't go catabolic becuase of a few hours without food (assuming you ain't doing some kind of retarded high caloric deficit, so you just threw away 49$ lmao.

I actually enjoyed taking casein and I noticed a significant increase in weight. All that being said, you still have to keep up with your real foods.

I actually enjoyed taking casein and I noticed a significant increase in weight. All that being said, you still have to keep up with your real foods.

This^ Its just something extra to add some more protein into your day, definitely not necessary if you're eating your macros every day.

Casein is worth taking. I can't get my head wrapped around the texture of most personally so I no longer take it. I would recommend using a normal protein along with it, obviously following your workout and leaving your casein for a pre-bedtime supplement.

Casein is worth taking. I can't get my head wrapped around the texture of most personally so I no longer take it. I would recommend using a normal protein along with it, obviously following your workout and leaving your casein for a pre-bedtime supplement.

Yeah I do have some whey protein aswell, 1 scoop with milk after brekky, 2 scoops with water post workout. I also take creatine, fish oil and multis :)

Yeah I do have some whey protein aswell, 1 scoop with milk after brekky, 2 scoops with water post workout. I also take creatine, fish oil and multis :)

haha yeah i have the same casein, i dont take it that often anymore, I'm looking for a replacement bedtime protein supplement because i realised if i dont down it within 5 secs of mixing with liquid, this shit will practically solidify!

slow release overnight is bullshit, you won't go catabolic becuase of a few hours without food (assuming you ain't doing some kind of retarded high caloric deficit, so you just threw away 49$ lmao.

going catabolic isnt the problem casein is trying to fix.  Casein allows your body and metabolism to stay at a steady and even rate rather than jumping around in the night.

Steady levels are a hell of a lot better then fluctuating levels, and if anyone is actually serious about progress its something they need to think about.

Along with keeping your muscles fed 24/7. 

There are tons of reasons you would want your body absorbing protein rather than absorbing nothing.  Would You ever go 7-8 hours during the DAY without eating? (assuming you have bodybuilding goals in mind.)

No, you wouldnt because it would be ridiculous, if i went 7 hours during the day without eating id be ripping my hair out.  Not that its because im hungry, but because its counter productive as hell.  With that being said your body doesnt care if its night or day.  So keep it fueled, and the only way to do it while sleeping is casein.

Edited by DolphinOnPot