• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sell OSRS Gold
Sign in to follow this  
truebluealex

Not safe to bot anymore?

I know it was never safe in the first place, but it felt a lot safer than it does now..

fresh account, after 14 days it was banned, i botted a reasonable time nothing silly, played the game when i could, traded and made my acc look less like a bot, tried to log in and my account was disabled.

I really want to make another acc, because i enjoy the rs community, however i'm i don't really want to put months into a account, i don't really have that sort of time anymore like i did 8 years ago.

Just feel like jagex has seriously clamped down on bots, maybe its not that safe to bot these days.

what are your guys opinions?

New ip, new account (make it by hand) then you should should start of legit and get into botting later just fully bot that fucker if you don`t want to spend any time on the game :P.

Idiot

Use PrOxys

Idiot

Many people have tried to find a way out for a long time now. There isn't really anything anyone can do. If there was, it would have spread like wildfire.

In all seriousness, based off personal experience I believe you are much less likely to be banned after you get to a high total level.

When I make mains, I make 3, expecting 2 to be banned before I get it out of the "danger zone" Before I focus on any one skill, I get at least 10 skills to level 30. Then I get combat to 70/70/70. Skill a little more, no hunter, no runecrafting, no goldfarming activities. Mix in questing (dont bot it, there are like 10 quests that can be done in under 10 minutes) 

After you get to ~ 1000 total level, I think you are much safer than the earlier levels.  Use breaks and never bot overnight and you should have more success. 

If you are goldfarming, why do you care about your accounts getting banned

• Like 2

If you don't feel like putting effort in to getting a high total level (less chance of ban)...Buy an account that is mid level from a trusted seller that has a lot of time played on it. (Can usually get these for like $20-30 or 10M RSGP. Make sure the seller is trusted, as anyone can recover their account at anytime. Start botting it.

I did this for a while guys and i made good money. I have very little to say... Get caught botting multiple times and you are screwed. You CANNOT prevent getting caught, its all just a matter of time. In my case it was about 2-3 months of botting on a large scale for profit. Once you are marked, its OVER. You can dump money into VPS's, Proxy's, spoofers, VPN's and try combinations of all at the same time. All in all you will see yourself getting screwed over and over and your profits will turn into losses. The only way to start over is to get a new computer, move and get a new internet provider. Might get away with just getting a new internet provider. Just move on. This game was my first botting experience and i learned so much, its just unbelievable. It led me to places i didn't expect to be and jump started a lot of things for me. Make the best of it while you can, think BIG and most importantly always think ahead. 

• Like 1

Might make another account and try again, just fish enough so i have enough money to be able to buy equipment and armour to help my skills, rather than just making money for the sake of it.

I wouldn't recommend fishing, woodcutting, or agility...those are the easiest ways to get banned.

Edited by chrismoon

I did this for a while guys and i made good money. I have very little to say... Get caught botting multiple times and you are screwed. You CANNOT prevent getting caught, its all just a matter of time. In my case it was about 2-3 months of botting on a large scale for profit. Once you are marked, its OVER. You can dump money into VPS's, Proxy's, spoofers, VPN's and try combinations of all at the same time. All in all you will see yourself getting screwed over and over and your profits will turn into losses. The only way to start over is to get a new computer, move and get a new internet provider. Might get away with just getting a new internet provider. Just move on. This game was my first botting experience and i learned so much, its just unbelievable. It led me to places i didn't expect to be and jump started a lot of things for me. Make the best of it while you can, think BIG and most importantly always think ahead. 

exactly this, same thing has happened to me, basically I'm unable to bot now

I've been going strong for the past 3 months. You just have to know how to bot smart, that's all. A ban is almost always negligence on your part, not the scripter's. 

Very true. Of course, there are definitely scripts, especially free ones, that WILL get you banned, even if working flawlessly.

I know I'll probably have my head bitten off for saying this.

But based on what I've seen and experienced myself, in my own opinion, it has become not worth the trouble to bot.

It's become ridiculously difficult to just bot even on one account let alone have a farm.

About 4-6 months ago, I'd bot on my pure account, the account on RS3 is my main with 10 99's, and I hadn't been banned on OSRS, even after botting from 30-90 range.

I'd since stopped botting and started pking and questing and actually playing the game, only to return to tribot to set up a farm.

Alas, within 3 hours of botting on an account I'd made when OSRS was originally released that had 99 mining, smithing, fletching and fishing, I was permanenty banned.

I used a private paid proxy that had not been flagged or ever even used for Runescape.

I decided to set up a farm, I made 10 accounts, all on different private paid proxy servers, and within a day, but only 2 were left.

within 1 more day, the remaining 2 were banned as well.

Please don't try to convince me that botting isn't dead, I understand that some people are more lucky than others.

But gone are the days of running a bot without baby sitting it for 5 out of 10 hours.

To me, that equates to the botting era being over and done with, until a time where a bot dev can come up with an idea or product that is completely and utterly undetectable, and I don't think that would be acheivable in the life time that RuneScape has left.

It's been around for so many years, and if Jagex are constantly one step ahead of us, then I highly doubt we stand a chance.

Sorry for being so negative, but that's just how I see it.

TL;DR In my honest opinion, I feel as though botting is pretty well dead.

EDIT:

Also, please don't accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about, due to my Tribots "New Botter" stance and few posts.

I've had a lot of experience with botting, not programming bots or scripting, but using bots.

Thanks for understanding.

Edited by Ngr_Please