Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Encoded

Responsive Audio Web Player

6 posts in this topic

My latest web dev project: http://i.nfamo.us/ I got the domain for $1 lol

I know it's nothing fancy as the main focus on this project was all the JavaScript I had to code.

Let me know what you think.

Responsive just means the page changes size depending on the screen size. So when you view the page on your phone it will look almost the same as on your PC.

2 people like this

its pretty nice, so this was mostly all java script?\

wow Tribot, Much lag

Edited by yoyo0

I haven't yet learned java script, but I've created some websites like this but definitely not as responsive.

Why does the player, as you adjust the window from small to big, go from the top left corner of the window, to the bottom right corner, until it goes off screen (below the browser).

Shouldn't it stay in the middle and just get smaller?

Edited by Worthy

its pretty nice, so this was mostly all java script?\

wow Tribot, Much lag

Yup all the functionality is js.

Why does the player, as you adjust the window from small to big, go from the top left corner of the window, to the bottom right corner, until it goes off screen (below the browser).

Shouldn't it stay in the middle and just get smaller?

It stays in the center for me using firefox and chrome. It moves up as the page gets narrower, but it looks almost centered on my iphone because of that.

Unsure why you'd do this in vanilla JS when you're already including jQuery in the page - jQuery provides a lot of fallbacks for cross browser (and device) click/touch events, as well as more performant (and shorthand) code. 

Also, writing an audio plugin with divs is non-semantic; http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp (if you're worried about legacy browser compatibility you can include a shim/polyfill).