Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

daxmagex

daxmagex Scripter Application

7 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Scripter Application Format

1) Snippets:

Minigame API (Source in Thread): https://tribot.org/forums/topic/40318-minigames-api/

2) Tutorials: N/A

3) Randoms/updates submitted: N/A

4) Scripts available to the public:

daxChins

daxPickPocket

daxDruids

All source can be found on my GitHub: https://github.com/daxmagex/scripts

5) Short biography / Coding Experience: 

I'm a freshman in a University majoring in Computer Science. I've picked up Java and learned it from resources available over the internet this year. Most of my time now is dedicated on improving my coding skills and school work.

6) Reasons why you feel you deserve Scripter:

I've joined the forums last year but only started actively participating in it the past few months. I try my best to provide the community with quality scripts and I try  to be responsive to fix bugs or issues that may occur. I'm always open to help out other scripters/users over skype whenever I'm available :).

7) What you plan to provide the community with:

I'm working on a couple of projects right now so I'm very excited on releasing them to the community :) Like always, I give 100% on all my scripts.

8) Do you agree to continue to not only update, but provide more free, open sourced scripts to the community?

Yup!

@Assume I guess it could be pretty long sometimes. I've already cut apart most of it to make it shorter and easier to read. Any suggestions on what to focus on specifically?

@modulusfrank12 Thanks! I'm still learning and looking for feedback.

@xCode Thanks. I'll try making it easier to follow. Thanks for the input!

@Integer I'll make sure I do improve :)

@karlrais I'm still new to what approaches are the proper way to format your code. I'll be working on using instance variables and smaller scopes.

@Starfox I would have never noticed, thanks for the heads up!

Edited by daxmagex

No. Your methods are disgustingly long and convoluted. Your code is mediocre at best and horrible at worst.

I am voting yes based on your seemingly extreme dedication to TriBot. Your code will improve over time due to the sheer dedication you put forth on TriBot. Good luck.

Edited by modulusfrank12

I have to agree with both @Assume and @modulusfrank12 . Looking at your code, your methods are long and convoluted in a lot of cases, but I can't find anything really bad about the rest. You're a really dedicated member of TRiBot and just like all other scripters here, there's always room for improvement.

Yes for me, also @ dax, don't take too seriously people who once applied with far worse code than yours, as they evolved, you will too.

What is up with people using static variables as per script instance specific? Is there some sort of 'bad' node framework tutorial out there? Also why does everyone want to put all their variables into single class and make them all static? Variable scope should be small as possible.. Ugh... 

Other than that didn't find anything wrong with your code, core concepts seemed to be ok. Yes from me.

threadsettings only apply to the thread that you are invoking them on, so calling useDyanmicClicking(true) in the onStart method will not apply to your script in the package daxChins.

1 person likes this

Improvement is all we ask and I'm sure you'll get there, welcome to the team!

1 person likes this