Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

laniax

[DEV] Lan's Ogre Ranger - Nice robust ranger - multi locations *BETA AVAILABLE*

17 posts in this topic

paint.png

Hey guys, been a while since i worked on a new script, but i got a few in store for you :)

I'm basically scripting everything i need for myself and today that's a ranging script hunting for ogres.

There are 2 main ogre locations, at castle wars and the cage in the camp above ardougne. I'm writing this script currently at castle wars, but already added most of the stuff that supports multi locations, and thus i will only have to go get the coords i need above ardougne.

Anyway, here's the progress:

Feature/todo list:

Attacking/Hovering next ogre

Banking

Fetch arrows from bank if < 50

Loot ranarr and snapdragon seeds

Loot arrows (if set in settings)

Logs out if no arrows in bank

ABC

Paint

Hide/Show paint button

Settings GUI

Equip arrows in inventory

Only loot arrows if ground stack is above X number of arrows

Loads/Saves user preferences

Magic shortbow spec support

Current issues/reviews:

More failsafes so it won't leave it safespot.

Final round of debugging

green = done

yellow = in progress

red = not started

I'm at the stage now where i can take any suggestions u guys might have.

Source code so far: https://github.com/Laniax/Tribot-07-Scripts/tree/master/%5BLAN%5D%20OgreRanger

Get the BETA on the repository here: https://tribot.org/repository/script/id/932

Edited by laniax

Added to repo. Check main post for link.

Please note it is in a beta state and the goal here is to gather bug reports to make this flawless.

any updates on how this is working?

It's an insanely old thread, lan has been inactive for a while.

It's an insanely old thread, lan has been inactive for a while.

While it is true i don't put out new scripts anymore (basically because after extensive testing i see a very flawed client and nobody has ears to improve it). I do still check the progress on my script threads and i'm all in to fix issues that people may be having. If i don't get new bug reports i assume the script is still going strong.

While it is true i don't put out new scripts anymore (basically because after extensive testing i see a very flawed client and nobody has ears to improve it). I do still check the progress on my script threads and i'm all in to fix issues that people may be having. If i don't get new bug reports i assume the script is still going strong.

Oh, I wasn't aware you was still on TRiBot. What flaws do you see in the client?

Oh, I wasn't aware you was still on TRiBot. What flaws do you see in the client?

Well i don't want to go off topic to much, but i believe the client is ultimately detected. I made 3 new toons in order to script a bunch of beginner quests, the first one got banned while it has never botted (i only ran around with it in the client). However, it got banned quickly when i was trying to get the script to open a grill for the east ardougne quest. Even though the option was there, it was simply left clicking the grill and running back and forth, I never let that run for longer then 60sec and then it would idle for about 5-10min while i was writing code. Even though it wasn't a script, it was extreme bot like behavior (failing opening of grill and idle on that spot). A regular player on the RS website would not have been banned for that. A similar plot happened on my second character when i got really suspicious because it was in a zone where no other players could have seen me.

Simply loading a tribot client won't get you banned, but i believe it is detected on their end. You will get banned for botting, simply having an client open is not botting so they will not ban you for that. But i believe they monitor the accounts that are loaded with these clients and can easily spot the scripts. They will probably investigate these sessions for new anti-ban patterns and adjust their system for that. Note that people will promptly say that the client can not be detected, and i agree that in almost all drama posts that is is not. However i for myself have gathered enough evidence that i can give a constructed view of why it would be detected. I do not intend to start a discussion, you can form your own opinion and act accordingly.

Also a fair annoyance is that even with a completely unrelated update to the client, parts of my scripts break and need a workaround to be fixed. API is clouded and could use more methods and a documention rewrite of existing items at the least. This is a sign to me of poor code and/or poor planning which i have seen a million times on my job. I suspect tribot isn't truly coded in a modular fashion, but i could be wrong :) 

And not really client related but i dislike the amount of advertising that happens on the forums. This is no longer a botting forum, but more of a money cow it seems, there is no incentive to write open source, which would only help the community. 

1 person likes this

Well i don't want to go off topic to much, but i believe the client is ultimately detected. I made 3 new toons in order to script a bunch of beginner quests, the first one got banned while it has never botted (i only ran around with it in the client). However, it got banned quickly when i was trying to get the script to open a grill for the east ardougne quest. Even though the option was there, it was simply left clicking the grill and running back and forth, I never let that run for longer then 60sec and then it would idle for about 5-10min while i was writing code. Even though it wasn't a script, it was extreme bot like behavior (failing opening of grill and idle on that spot). A regular player on the RS website would not have been banned for that. A similar plot happened on my second character when i got really suspicious because it was in a zone where no other players could have seen me.

Simply loading a tribot client won't get you banned, but i believe it is detected on their end. You will get banned for botting, simply having an client open is not botting so they will not ban you for that. But i believe they monitor the accounts that are loaded with these clients and can easily spot the scripts. They will probably investigate these sessions for new anti-ban patterns and adjust their system for that. Note that people will promptly say that the client can not be detected, and i agree that in almost all drama posts that is is not. However i for myself have gathered enough evidence that i can give a constructed view of why it would be detected. I do not intend to start a discussion, you can form your own opinion and act accordingly.

Also a fair annoyance is that even with a completely unrelated update to the client, parts of my scripts break and need a workaround to be fixed. API is clouded and could use more methods and a documention rewrite of existing items at the least. This is a sign to me of poor code and/or poor planning which i have seen a million times on my job. I suspect tribot isn't truly coded in a modular fashion, but i could be wrong :)

And not really client related but i dislike the amount of advertising that happens on the forums. This is no longer a botting forum, but more of a money cow it seems, there is no incentive to write open source, which would only help the community. 

Wow

1 person likes this

On 2/25/2015 at 4:57 AM, rp20 said:

Got banned on my pure for botting this script ... 

zBPochr.png

Are you honestly suprised?

7 hours ago, H22A4 said:

Can you add cannon support?

This hasn't been updated since 2014 and the code is no longer on his GitHub. So that's unlikely.

13 hours ago, littleboydie said:

DON"T USE SCRIPT. HIGH BAN RATE.

12 hours ago, H22A4 said:

Can you add cannon support?

5 hours ago, WillB said:

zBPochr.png

Are you honestly suprised?

This hasn't been updated since 2014 and the code is no longer on his GitHub. So that's unlikely.

I honestly forgot all about this lol. This was written in a time when ABC1 was a newborn and the botting scene looked a lot different. The fact it still runs 1,5years later without a single update is noteworthy. If people are still interested in a script like this, i will create one from the ground up, including safespotting anywhere and most likely cannon support. Please let me know if such a script is desired.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, laniax said:

I honestly forgot all about this lol. This was written in a time when ABC1 was a newborn and the botting scene looked a lot different. The fact it still runs 1,5years later without a single update is noteworthy. If people are still interested in a script like this, i will create one from the ground up, including safespotting anywhere and most likely cannon support. Please let me know if such a script is desired.

Just as a side note, if any of you are looking for a Script that works at Castle Wars, mine can be found here: 

On March 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM, WillB said:

Just as a side note, if any of you are looking for a Script that works at Castle Wars, mine can be found here: 

CombatAIO also works here and every where else in the entire game with all those features and more.