Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ITryNotToTroll

ITryNotToTroll Scripter Application

3 posts in this topic

Actually, can't be bothered, I understand the criticism below so I'll go and actually code real things instead of tribot.

Edited by ITryNotToTroll

You seem like a good guy and being part of a community for 2 years show hella of a dedication and stability, however, scripter rank first and foremost requirment is the ability to produce clean and effective code. Having said that and looked over your code, i'm sorry to say that it is a definite NO from me.

Reading through your code it's obvious that you have no other coding experience other than scripting, you have not read any Trilez' scripting tutorials, you don't know the API very well.

1. The horrible, horrible, horrible new line brace style..
    someMethod(){  //code here}
    This does not belong to Java. I could let this slide if you were consistent. But you have methods that use the normal ANSI style aswell.

2. Suspectible null pointers and inefficient code everywhere
    if(NPCs.find("Man").length > 0 && NPCs.find("Man")[0].getPosition().distanceTo(Player.getPosition()) < 8)if(!inventoryItems[i].getDefinition().getName().contains(foodName))
  3. Multiple methods could be shortened without hurting readabilty

4. You could easily extract parts of your code into methods to improve readability by over 9000. For example make method that handles all the gui stuff instead of just having 100 lines of GUI code in your run method. Even if you are the only programmer on the team keeping your code clean helps you aswell.

5. Lack of dynamic sleeps and API knowledge

tea[i].click("Drop Cup of tea");sleep(200, 300);
  6. New scripters should also do ABC10 to demontrate the ability and willingness to learn.
  7. Etc.. etc

Sorry but it's a NO.

You seem like a good guy and being part of a community for 2 years show hella of a dedication and stability, however, scripter rank first and foremost requirment is the ability to produce clean and effective code. Having said that and looked over your code, i'm sorry to say that it is a definite NO from me.

Reading through your code it's obvious that you have no other coding experience other than scripting, you have not read any Trilez' scripting tutorials, you don't know the API very well.

1. The horrible, horrible, horrible new line brace style..

someMethod(){  //code here}
    This does not belong to Java. I could let this slide if you were consistent. But you have methods that use the normal ANSI style aswell.

2. Suspectible null pointers and inefficient code everywhere

if(NPCs.find("Man").length > 0 && NPCs.find("Man")[0].getPosition().distanceTo(Player.getPosition()) < 8)if(!inventoryItems[i].getDefinition().getName().contains(foodName))
  3. Multiple methods could be shortened without hurting readabilty

4. You could easily extract parts of your code into methods to improve readability by over 9000. For example make method that handles all the gui stuff instead of just having 100 lines of GUI code in your run method. Even if you are the only programmer on the team keeping your code clean helps you aswell.

5. Lack of dynamic sleeps and API knowledge

tea[i].click("Drop Cup of tea");sleep(200, 300);
  6. New scripters should also do ABC10 to demontrate the ability and willingness to learn.
  7. Etc.. etc

Sorry but it's a NO.

There is no correct brace formatting, it's personal preference no matter what you think or what the majority is.

Anyway, @OP I think that if you studied a bit more and got a good foot-hold on object oriented programming you could apply for script again at a later time and I would vote yes.