Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

elusiven

[EASY] Guide to free VPN (Virtual Private Network) -Better Than Proxy-

15 posts in this topic

I will list here free method for hiding/changing your IP, that I use to bot and do other nasty things on internet.

What is VPN?

Virtual Private Networks create an encrypted ‘tunnel’ between your computer and the host server, with the internet traffic going in and out of the host server. Your ISP or government can only see that you have connected to the VPN server and nothing else – your activities, IP addresses you have visited etc. are all completely hidden from them behind a minimum of 128-bit encryption.

Method #1 (Soft Ether + vpngate plugin)

1. Download this software.

http://download.vpngate.jp/common/cd.aspx/vpngate-client-2014.09.08-build-9473.130565.zip

2. Install it/unzip it and run it.

3. Click on "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers".

4. Find a suitable server for you, if you want a decent speed you want it as close to you as possible.

5. Click "Connect" and Select "TCP" protocole and hit "OK".

6. You now have free VPN connection and your IP is changed.

7. Check your IP:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=_nwMVMuUH5KAUJb1gHA&gws_rd=ssl#q=check+my+ip

This is for WINDOWS only at this moment, I will add linux guide soon.

Edited by elusiven
2 people like this

Still, It's not better than proxys

"Virtual Private Networks create an encrypted ‘tunnel’ between your computer and the host server, with the internet traffic going in and out of the host server. Your ISP or government can only see that you have connected to the VPN server and nothing else – your activities, IP addresses you have visited etc. are all completely hidden from them behind a minimum of 128-bit encryption."

JageX has no way of seeing your IP and traffic data bro. Proxy sucks compared to VPN. I suggest reading up a bit on it if you're unaware of that :)

"Virtual Private Networks create an encrypted ‘tunnel’ between your computer and the host server, with the internet traffic going in and out of the host server. Your ISP or government can only see that you have connected to the VPN server and nothing else – your activities, IP addresses you have visited etc. are all completely hidden from them behind a minimum of 128-bit encryption."

JageX has no way of seeing your IP and traffic data bro. Proxy sucks compared to VPN. I suggest reading up a bit on it if you're unaware of that :)

If the government subpoenaed your VPN provider, they will turn over anything asked for. Hence you're not truly protected. But what you said about your ISP not being able to see what you're doing is correct. 

I have always used a VPN for such things, but remember unless your VPN is inherently anonymous then you need to configure the client to route all of your computer, including web traffic, through the VPN server.

I use OpenVPN for example, so if using that you would need to input this into its configuration.

push "redirect-gateway def1"

Without routing all of your traffic through the VPN it will not change your ip. VPNs main purpose is just secure connection.

@paradox. There are providers that will not hand over info to the gov. Look into swiss servers. Some US ones will take every case to court as well before handing over information.I don't think anyone needs to worry about this for botting though haha.

VPNs are much better for anonymity than proxies, but you would only be able to spoof one IP per computer, without lots of extra setup, so it wouldn't be as useful for non solo botters.

If anyone wants more info I know of a few articles that explain how to set these things up in an easily understood way.

Edited by burden

That's my point you see. ISP will not give out information to JageX in any sort of forms. They are not allowed to. So you are pretty much safe botting.

Nice, but you can't provide download links on the forums. Maybe ask people to add you on Skype, then they can download at their own risk. 

This program is made by University of Tsukuba. It's secure & it's from vpn gate's website. If you don't feel "safe" enough to download it then just don't.

Edited by elusiven

i did all of the steps but my ip does not change? i read burdens comment saying you need to configure all of your pcs internet traffic through the vpn.. is there any info on this anywhere? im a nub dont rage. thankyou =]

so if i use my main account that jagex knows is connected to my flagged ip after i do all this stuff will they just flag my new ip because ive used my main account?