Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archvist

So I'm New To This?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I have a dumbell set and just wanted to really get my chicken arms in shape, I have found a number of good videos on youtube of basic lifts reps etc..

But I found after I've done a set I'm just so tired and the number of reps I can do the second time round really drops off I keep going until fail, but my arms are never sore and never ache the next day or at all after. I don't feel that I push myself hard enough.

Should I lower to reps or weight so I can do more sets?

At the moment I'm doing high weight and low reps on a number of exercises.

Hi,

So I have a dumbell set and just wanted to really get my chicken arms in shape, I have found a number of good videos on youtube of basic lifts reps etc..

But I found after I've done a set I'm just so tired and the number of reps I can do the second time round really drops off I keep going until fail, but my arms are never sore and never ache the next day or at all after. I don't feel that I push myself hard enough.

Should I lower to reps or weight so I can do more sets?

At the moment I'm doing high weight and low reps on a number of exercises.

How long are you working out for? If you are wanting to get in shape I would suggest working out for 1 hour 4-5 times per week. You need to make sure you are pushing yourself. Just lifting wont get you as strong as you want to be, you need to learn to push yourself. You wont like it, but after a while you will like the results.

What are you doing right now as far as exercises/time?

as my good friend told me, when your lifts drop - its good. but do as much you can. give 110% what you got, even if its not same number whats been told

Try mixing up exercises. After curling, do as many push ups as you can. When you can't do more, wait 1 hour and do it again. 

If you have time, you can even do small, 10 minute lifting sessions every once in a while throughout the day. 

Once you get stronger, though, you will want long and challenging lifting sessions. If you want those, you could try pre-workout powders that contain stuff like creatine.

1 person likes this

I do a lot of cardio at the moment, throughout the week with various sports but never really did weights so I was just thinking I would give it a go. I found my brothers chinup bar so I can use that too I'm doing a mix of dumbell exercises pushups and pull ups.

I have a fair bit of free time and could do it 3 times a day in smaller stages for example 20 - 30mins, Is that something I should do?

I do a lot of cardio at the moment, throughout the week with various sports but never really did weights so I was just thinking I would give it a go. I found my brothers chinup bar so I can use that too I'm doing a mix of dumbell exercises pushups and pull ups.

I have a fair bit of free time and could do it 3 times a day in smaller stages for example 20 - 30mins, Is that something I should do?

As long as you are pushing yourself and getting a good amount of protein, you should see results. If you are doing cardio, definitely get a lot of protein. 

Sessions like that are good. Also, one tip I enjoy is doing like 10 pushups every time you go to the bathroom. I know it sounds weird, but it really adds up at the end of the day to boost your workouts. 

If you want to make your "Arms" grow, it is very simple. Since you said you have chicken arms, the routine I will tell you will help you, and within the 2 week, you should start seeing results. Why so soon? since you have no muscle at all, your arms will be forced to grow.

BTW do not do a lot of reps. Use a Weight where you can really squeeze 8-12 reps.

I'm going to make this guide a "home workout" since you don't have a lot of equipment, but hey thats where it all began for me.

Do this:

Chest/Triceps: Push ups: remember arms do not only have 1 muscle group. By doing push ups you will train Chest and Triceps at the same time. Do 4-5 sets. if you're a beginner find alternative ways of doing push ups. And you can do Overhead single hand triceps (dumbbells), and DIPS.

Legs: Squats, Lunges, Calf Raises. Do these 4-5 sets each, 8-10 (WEIGHTED REPS)

Back/Biceps: Buy a $30 dollar pull up bar that you can hang in the door. Do Pull ups- 4-5 sets, reps: to failure. Now after this; use your dumbbells to do bicep training. 

Regular Bicep curl: use a weight that you can only do 8-12 reps. Do this for 4 Sets.

Hammer Curl (google it up): Do the same 8-12 reps, and 4 sets.

Shoulders. You can use your dumbbells for shoulders easily.

After all this, Make sure you're eating A LOT. Trust me your will notice your arms in no time.

Hey man, starting off is the hardest thing but you'll notice the most results in that period. All you need is motivation. Remember to not only train one certain body part, but your whole body. I recommend getting a gym membership to make the most of it. Start with light weights and aim to get form to perfection. Form plays a big roll in seeing results. I personally work Triceps and Biceps on the same day as an arm day, which some people may find weird but it works for me. Find your own workout routine and stick to it. Doing dips and pull ups (palms away and forward) is really beneficial and not only works out your biceps but gets you bigger fore arms and a bigger back. When I do curls, I usually do hammer curls drop sets at the end which totally knocks me out. Start with the absolute max weight you can do (at least 5 reps) and drop the weights by 5 or 10lbs each time until you reach a really light weight and just max out. You should feel it like crazy but remember each rep counts! Good luck with your routine, and remember stay motivated and eat right. Your diet is just as important.