Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TRiLeZ

Tutorial for Safe Botting

122 posts in this topic

Let's make a tutorial on how to not get banned.

Age of Account Holder

• Jagex has stated in their youtube videos/live streams that they look at the age of the account holder to determine how many hours a human of said age would likely to be playing the game. A person below 18 years old is likely to be in school between 8am and 3am. A person between 18 and 22 might be in university/college for many hours each day. On top of school hours, students have to spend their hours doing homework. Jagex knows this fact, and looks at the age of account holders and how often the account is played on. Botting many over weekdays may sway Jagex to think you are a botter if you give them a young age.
  • If the age of the account holder (given to Jagex at account registration) is an age which a person is likely to be in school, do not bot during school hours, and limit the amount of hours botted during weekdays. I'd recommend giving Jagex an age of between 24 and 40 to lessen the chance of Jagex suspecting you of botting.

Character Clothes

• Don't use the default character clothes upon creating your account. Make sure to switch the clothes up. Other players are more likely to report you for being a bot because you look like a common bot.

Level 3s

• Please level up your combat level to at least 10. Level 3 accounts are usually bots. Players are likely to suspect you are botting if your account is level 3, and they will report you.

Avoid Botting Long Hours

• As stated by Jagex, most legitimate players don't play for long hours. Don't bot more than 8-10 hours a day, unless you don't care about your account.

Use Breaks

• Most humans don't have the attention span to play hours without a break. Use TRiBot's break handler, giving your account a break every once in a while.

Switch Up Activities

• Don't bot the same skill/activity every day. Switch up the scripts you use. Try using a woodcutting script for a few hours one day, then switch to a mining script for the remaining hours of the day. The next day, maybe try using a mining script again, then go and use a combat script. Most real players don't do the same skill/activity for days on end. Switch it up.

Avoid Changes in Playing Patterns

• If your account is used solely for botting, and not for playing, then don't play on your account. You personally will have a different playing pattern than TRiBot. Jagex might look at this difference in playing patterns, and could bring upon suspicion that your account is a bot.
  • Try using scripts from the same author. Individual script writers usually have specific ways of handling actions. Scripts by different authors might display different playing patterns.
  • Make sure the same mouse speed is being used in all of the scripts you use.

Avoid Scripts with Bugs

• Scripts with bugs in them can cause your account to be trapped in an endless loop of doing something which looks bot-like. Example: If the account gets stuck outside of the Lumbridge chicken coop and it tries to attack chickens which are in the coop for hours, it will look like a bot. It will keep trying to kill the chickens even though it can't reach it. A human would be smart enough to know to open the coop door to fight the chickens.
  • If the script you are running wasn't developed by an established script writer, then baby-sit your bot to ensure that the script doesn't have any bugs in it. If it does have bugs, you can either use a different script, or baby-sit the bot at all times when running the script.

Use Scripts with a High ABCL

Avoid Botting in Areas Filled With Other Bots

•  Try to bot where no other bots are. For one, Jagex calculates playing pattern heuristics. They will compare the heuristics of each player to the other players in the area. If a group of players in the same area all have the same heuristics, Jagex will conclude they are all bots and ban them all. Note: This is what ABC/ABCL was made to combat. ABC/ABCL assigns unique characteristics to every different bot, thus giving them different playing pattern heuristics, which combats Jagex's bot finding methods.
  • Another reason why you should avoid botting in areas filled with other bots is that players are likely to notice a ton of bots, get angered, and report them all.

A Note about Bans

Delayed Bans

• Jagex uses delayed bans as a method to prevent script/bot makers from discovering just what is causing their bot to get banned. These delays in bans can be anywhere from a one day delay, to a six month delay.
  • That being said, do not blame the last script or bot you used. Your ban was likely to be caused by a script/bot you used a while ago.

Ban Upon Login

• Sometimes instead of banning an account straight away for botting, Jagex will issue a ban which won't activate until you login to the client. With that being said, don't blame the bot client and say it is detectable. Your ban has been waiting for you, and it just wasn't issued to you until you logged in.

IP Flagging

• If your account gets banned for botting, Jagex will likely flag your IP, and will monitor the accounts which are linked to that IP. If you get banned, try to reset your IP and create a new account on that new IP.
  • Some proxy/corporate IPs are also flagged, so watch out.

Avoiding IP Flagging

• Some users like to avoid IP flagging by using proxies, but many of them still link their account to their main IP.
  • If you are using a proxy to avoid IP flagging, you must create the account while using the proxy. If you create the account with your main IP, but only bot using a proxy, your main IP is still under threat. If you create 10 accounts using your main IP, but bot on them using 10 different proxies, a ban one one account could lead to a ban on the 9 other accounts because they are all linked by the account creation IP.
  • If you are using a proxy, you should also never login to the RuneScape website (or client) using your main IP. If you do, your account will be associated with your main IP.

Accounts Which You Don't Even Bot on are Under the Flame

• As stated by Jagex, if you are caught botting on one account, all of your other accounts may be banned for botting. It doesn't matter whether your other accounts were actually botted on. Be careful.

A Note about "Client Detection"

• Some users claim TRiBot is detectable. However, they are wrong. Users have to keep in mind that I can read the client's code, and I do. With every RuneScape update, I check the client's code for any method which can be used to detect botting clients. So far, no code is being used to detect/search for TRiBot.
44 people like this

Very good and nicely written guide. Good for the user(s) that didn't know this info yet. ^_^

1 person likes this

Thanks for the help ill try these methods, but does anyone know how make an acc using a socks proxy on google chrome?

A tutorial that was needed considering the rise of bans in recent weeks. Good Job Trilez as always. 

Users have to keep in mind that I can read the client's code, and I do.

Can anyone do that? 

Can anyone do that? 

Sure, if they know how to.

1 person likes this

So what do you think about the bans after doing tutorial island legitimately on the tribot client?

Edited by jsand5048

So what do you think about the bans after doing tutorial island legitimately on the tribot client?

Flagged Ips, or ban related to one of your other accounts. I run all my bots on proxies and my mule was my legitimate account. 

Only connection, and it got banned today, never botted just trained legit. Can't make any mistakes atm.

This guide is great, and if you're not gold farming cutting down on time is definitely wise.

erm hardware bans ? ips are never the only thing , there are ways to flag hardware specially using java

BLW4E.jpg

I just passed through the tutorial perfectly fine. Maybe the people getting banned on tutorial island:

• Have a flagged IP.
  • Are using disposable email addresses.
    • I'm not sure about this one, but using disposable email addresses could raise suspicion.
  • Are using flagged RuneScape membership payment methods.
    • Maybe PayPal accounts get flagged?
    • Or credit card numbers get flagged?

erm hardware bans ? ips are never the only thing , there are ways to flag hardware specially using java

The last time I checked the client, I didn't find any code which grabs hardware IDs.

I'm pretty sure from a legal standpoint, all sales information (paypal accounts/ccs) can only be used for payment and flagging them for other purposes would be a huge breach of the 1998 Data protection act

Switch Up Activities

Surely you could implement a way of swapping between scripts eg

Start by woodcutting for 2.5 hours.

- Then swap bots to an Auto Walker and get it to go to a custom tile of where u will start the NEXT bot

- Then start the next bot eg Auto Fisher

surely this would MASSIVELY decrease the amount of banns AND you could bot for much longer periods of time?

I'm only recomending this here as its not a script thing its a client thing....

Edited by luck or skill
1 person likes this

I'm pretty sure from a legal standpoint, all sales information (paypal accounts/ccs) can only be used for payment and flagging them for other purposes would be a huge breach of the 1998 Data protection act

The patriot act & the NSA don't give a fuck about your privacy.

------

Great post, Tri. However, if I may, I'd like to suggest an amendment:

• Scripts with bugs in them can cause your account to be trapped in an endless loop of doing something which looks bot-like. Example: If the account gets stuck outside of the Lumbridge chicken coop and it tries to attack chickens which are in the coop for hours, it will look like a bot. It will keep trying to kill the chickens even though it can't reach it. A human would be smart enough to know to open the coop door to fight the chickens.
  • If the script you are running wasn't developed by an established script writer, then baby-sit your bot to ensure that the script doesn't have any bugs in it. If it does have bugs, you can either use a different script, or baby-sit the bot at all times when running the script.

You should always baby-sit a bot the first (or first few) times you use it.

I learned this 2 days ago the hard way. Here's an example.

https://tribot.org/forums/topic/20999-abcl10aio-tri-melee-ranged-magic-trainer-the-one-premium-bot-that-can-do-it-all/

An AIO bot made by someone I, as well as many others, I'm sure, consider to currently be one of the top scripters for tribot. He's a premium scripter by the name of Tri.

It's an experienced scripter.

It's a premium script - a pricey one, too. I paid $15.

It's been around for a long time - since September of 2013.

It has a lot of user feedback. His thread is almost 50 pages long.

Despite all this: https://tribot.org/forums/topic/20999-abcl10aio-tri-melee-ranged-magic-trainer-the-one-premium-bot-that-can-do-it-all/page-48#entry431187

I let the bot run unattended for the first time. All of my settings were set correctly (I even spoke to him directly about setting it up properly). Three hours later I came back to this:

FOOlvg1.png

Like your chicken example, the bot had been trying to walk past the gate, without knowing to open it, for quite some time. Long enough to solve 5 randoms in the same spot.

Needless to say, I got banned.

I didn't rage at Tri, and that's because one of the first things they teach you when learning Java is that you must try to debug your programs as effectively as you can.

You aren't taught to try & debug every single problem that may arise because it's impossible to predict every single scenario & outcome.

To ensure absolute safety - always make sure your bot is running correctly before leaving it to its own accord.

Switch Up Activities

Surely you could implement a way of swapping between scripts eg

Start by woodcutting for 2.5 hours.

- Then swap bots to an Auto Walker and get it to go to a custom tile of where u will start the NEXT bot

- Then start the next bot eg Auto Fisher

surely this would MASSIVELY decrease the amount of banns AND you could bot for much longer periods of time?

I'm only recomending this here as its not a script thing its a client thing....

A "Script Queue" is in the works.

1 person likes this

Nice guide I guess. Most of this is common knowledge for an experienced farmer though.

I don't switch up activities, only to get the needed requirements.

The last 3 accounts I created got banned within 4 hours though.

1 day ban ( Bot bust) My accounts are ~21 years old.