Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liliduffie

Yo. some smart guy would help newb out?

10 posts in this topic

Hey. so after huge huge thinking, i decided that i have to do something with my lonely life. Yes. internet and computer isnt filling this anymore, so i need something more, i chose to get my body a bit trimmed.

So, the thing is that when i was younger, like from 13 to 17? i used to do alot sports. Especially athletics, so i had stamina, but never gained direct " muscles " - time to fix that. 

Now, as being 23 year old skinny bastard, im asking where to start ? as much i learned in my athletic ( haha kids athletics, that win ) years, is that i should NOT rush right into gym and be that " yes i even lift brah " I`m not looking for some powerboosting training. i got time. Also i can mention, that i can afford all those fancy foods, what most people cant - yes, im working too! what a miracle right.

So my plan was something like this - 

1. gardio
  2. chest
  3. gardio
  4. legs
  5. gardio
  6. arms
  7. rest -> repeat

And by gardio i mostly mean jogging outside, and other stuff doing home exercises. 

Now what i want, is someone with more experience please correct me or even blame me near death if im wrong and shouldnt do things like this. 

All advice is highly welcome.

What about shoulder/back and full body exercises such as cleans, deadlifts, jerklifts, farmer's walk, etc.?

I think you should break your category workouts into more specific body parts.

Thats exactly what i was asking for :) didnt ask help for no reason..

Are you trying to cut and bodybuild? Or just bodybuild.

If you don't already have muscle built up, then you need to split the muscle exercises into something along the lines of biceps/back, triceps/chest, legs, shoulders/abs/cardio for a four day split. If you already have muscle built up, then all you need to do is lower your fat percentage and your proposed schedule does that decently. 

Join a bodybuilding website if you really want advice on this, and watch A LOT of youtube videos as well

You're not going to find a lot of info from members here, tbh

Now, as being 23 year old skinny bastard, im asking where to start 

So my plan was something like this - 

1. gardio
  2. chest
  3. gardio
  4. legs
  5. gardio
  6. arms
  7. rest -> repeat

Hey bro, these two things statements contradict each other. Cardio will only make you more skinny. ;)

Hey bro, these two things statements contradict each other. Cardio will only make you more skinny. ;)

yes, but training without cardio makes me paralyzed for 47 weeks.

gotta keep meat warm, or am i wrong?

Do this routine: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout for a good 2 years or when you don't make progress for like 1 month while being on a surplus. After you've stalled for about 1 month on that routine then it's time to move on to periodization which means that you'll be cycling intensity (% of your 1 rep max). You can do this by either splitting it up into blocks ex: 2 weeks of 10 reps 60% 1 rep max, 2 weeks of 8 reps 65% rpm etc. % of 1 rep max means the % you're gonna be lifting of your 1 rep max ex: you can do 200 lbs of bench for 1 rep then a 65% rpm of that would be 130 lbs. You can also cycle intensity weekly like me, I have 1 heavy & 1 light workout for upper body and 1 heavy & light workout for lower body each week. I've been lifting for 5 years and could've made far better progress during my first 3 years (probably twice as fast) if I didn't listen to most people who know nothing about exercise science and tell you to split up your body parts when you can make optimal gains on a full-body routine even as an advanced natural lifter. Linear progression is the key when you're a newb cus that yields the fastest gains then you move on to periodization. Peace out bye

Edited by haerfa