Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kLeptO

Regarding bot detection & what needs to be done

13 posts in this topic

You probably have already noticed that Jagex has stepped it up with their bot detection. All major bot clients are being detected and their users usually can't get away without ban for more than a week. I've spoke to few people who own private bots, and thing that surprised me is that none of them have ever been banned. I looked for differences between one of the private bots and TRiBot and only big difference was the amount of random events you get which means...

Jagex is using random event solvers to detect TRiBot (and all other major bot clients)

Let me explain, scripts aren't fully dynamic, no matter what script you use it's gonna have similarities between the users. That's why very popular scripts (for example Sigma's Merch) are getting detected rapidly after Jagex figures out the pattern of the script. Random solvers is the biggest flaw for all bot clients, because

Every bot client uses same random solver for all users

How does Jagex use that to detect bots? Simple, once you get your first few random events, it automatically checks for certain patterns (they known patterns of most random solvers), if pattern matches, your account get flagged and you get increased amount of random events which are used to first - to figure out your bot client, second - to check if patterns of all random events match that bot client and if they do you get banned. This process might take up to few days, they want to be completely sure that you are actually botting.

So what should we do to avoid this?

We need a public repository for random solvers

Allows scripters to create their random solvers and users to pick which ones they prefer. This would give possibility for premium or private random solvers to completely eliminate this type of bot detection. So far easiest solution.

Either way, something needs to be done about this to keep TRiBot alive.

I honestly don't think randoms are the issue, due to jagex were talking about removing them all together and questioned how helpful they actually were in finding bots..

1 person likes this

Wow, are you serious? I have several ultra gold farmer accounts that are over a month old. Your information is just straight out wrong, as any other major gold farmers will attest.

I honestly don't think randoms are the issue, due to jagex were talking about removing them all together and questioned how helpful they actually were in finding bots..

i call it bluff

Wow, are you serious? I have several ultra gold farmer accounts that are over a month old. Your information is just straight out wrong, as any other major gold farmers will attest.

You cannot prove that nor can you say that his "theory" is wrong. Its all speculation and its not like you would know exactly what happens at jagex.

Sadly randoms are just there in order to catch 1% of the bots.

Randoms aren't necessary atm, bans come from something else.

But this is all speculation, since nobody of us knows how jagex bans users.

But for me, randoms arent it

inb4 60000 theories
inb4 Somebody states that their farm has not been banned and they are the best
inb4 more theories

Now that's out the way, we need more than improvements on randoms, I think something like the ABCL was pointless as not many scripts actually use it, I feel something like that should be implemented more.

Would it not make sense to assume it's not a single thing - but a combination of money? They might look for patterns in random solvers. They might sometimes rely on player reports. It's probably a big bag of tricks. The best thing you can do, as a single player, is to minimize your blip on their radar. Don't bot on a lvl 3 that looks like bob. Don't make your name sdf346sd. Don't afk your bots for days without ever checking them. Switch worlds every once in a while. Jump in & say something every so often. Try doing some legit playing, however minor.

I noticed I was put in a bot world today. What did I do? Panic & hop? Na, went around & did an easy quest, explored, chilled. It's what a normal player would do. 

As others have pointed out, randoms are not the problem. Reckless botting, combined with a devoted team of mods, is what's banning most users.