Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yoyo0

exercise for beginners

16 posts in this topic

Hello my name is Nick i am 95 pounds 16y old and 5"2. I have been going to the gym for 4 months with an average of 3/days per week for 50 min every time. I haven't seen much of a increase of anything. I usually go up 5 pounds every 4 weeks and i train equally on my triceps,biceps,abs,pecs, calves,quads, and cardio. I need a simple guide of exercises i could do and advice to help. I know i won't see massive increase in muscle, but at the same time i haven't seen barely any progress.

My current workout schedule:

mon/wed/sat:

start with 10 min warmup on elipticle

12x5 triceps( on some machine)

12x5 bicep (push ups/weights/pull machine)

12x5 abs (machine/crunches)

tues/thurs/sun:

30min on treadmil(with 2 breaks in between at 5-6 miles per hour)

5x5 of calves(some machine)

5x5 of quads(some machine)

The reason i make this thread is to help me understand why i can't have big muscle gains.

Probably genetics mate. 5ft 2 inches and you're under 100 lbs? lol

You're probably not bulking enough or even eating enough.

Start eating 6-8 times a day. Yes I'm serious. Take protein/creatine. Pump the weights/free weights.

Try and reach a max amount of lbs you can do benching and squatting and etc so you set a goal for yourself and try to do more weight than you can a week later or few weeks later or something. lol

2 people like this

I am a certified personal trainer first of all to give you my credentials. In terms of designing a workout for yourself you need to figure out what your goal is, to lose weight or put on some size and definition. You must focus on one aspect of the two to see results. 

Going forward, your workout mainly consist of arms, calves and secondary muscles, if you will. You really need to focus on your large muscles such as your back, chest, legs, and shoulders.

A good 3 day per week split would be something like  

Day1: back and biceps
Day 2 chest and triceps
day 3: legs and shoulders

throw in 5 minutes of abs if you please, as well as calfs. pm me if you want some in detail examples what you would do each day. and I can further access you and your goals.

I am a certified personal trainer first of all to give you my credentials. In terms of designing a workout for yourself you need to figure out what your goal is, to lose weight or put on some size and definition. You must focus on one aspect of the two to see results. 

Going forward, your workout mainly consist of arms, calves and secondary muscles, if you will. You really need to focus on your large muscles such as your back, chest, legs, and shoulders.

A good 3 day per week split would be something like  

Day1: back and biceps

Day 2 chest and triceps

day 3: legs and shoulders

throw in 5 minutes of abs if you please, as well as calfs. pm me if you want some in detail examples what you would do each day. and I can further access you and your goals.

he wants to gain weight man, hes 5ft 2 and under 100lbs? like thats extremely skinny. it might be genetics who knows.

best thing to do is eat 6-8 times a day, hell even more if you have an extremely fast metabolism, eat carbs for lunch for energy throughout your day and protein at night, LIFT!!!! DO FREE WEIGHTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! Do not run too much or do elliptical! Only some cardio, not a lot you're not looking to get lean/more skinny now..... BENCH AND SQUAT, DUMBBELLS, DEADLIFT FREE WEIGHTS ARE THE WAY TO GAINING TONS OF MUSCLE

he wants to gain weight man, hes 5ft 2 and under 100lbs? like thats extremely skinny. it might be genetics who knows.

best thing to do is eat 6-8 times a day, hell even more if you have an extremely fast metabolism, eat carbs for lunch for energy throughout your day and protein at night, LIFT!!!! DO FREE WEIGHTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! Do not run too much or do elliptical! Only some cardio, not a lot you're not looking to get lean/more skinny now..... BENCH AND SQUAT, DUMBBELLS, DEADLIFT FREE WEIGHTS ARE THE WAY TO GAINING TONS OF MUSCLE

though I wouldn't recommend he go right into barbell squats with a large load sitting on top of him I would recommend starting with some body weight squats to correctly execute the exercise in a proper form and be able to make a nuero-memory of the movement before adding any excess weight if this is all brand new to him. 

1 person likes this

though I wouldn't recommend he go right into barbell squats with a large load sitting on top of him I would recommend starting with some body weight squats to correctly execute the exercise in a proper form and be able to make a nuero-memory of the movement before adding any excess weight if this is all brand new to him.

So you recommend that I start with bodyweight squats with some dumbbells?

I would just say go ahead and just use pure body weight squats, perfecting the form then adding weight, this goes for any exercise. 

The reason i make this thread is to help me understand why i can't have big muscle gains.

Stop doing cardio and start eating more. It looks like you're burning off all your calories that you potentially gain.

You don't workout chest at all besides the pushups. Start using free weights for anything that you don't need a spot for.

Lastly, do less reps at a higher weight if you are trying to gain.

1 person likes this

I would honestly recommend getting a trainer, not only because I am a trainer, but because exercise is learned not done, it is a foreign conjunction of movements the body was never intended to do. The body was not made to do a bench press. My point is that, exercise is learned just like riding bike, and you can learn some very bad habits by going off trying to learn yourself and potential  hurt yourself. I've been working out for many years and during the time I was getting my certification I learned that about half of the things I was doing was in some way wrong. 

Getting a personal trainer would be best in my opinion, at least for a little while until you know what you have to do on your own. The PR would also help you with your diet... etc.

I would honestly recommend getting a trainer, not only because I am a trainer, but because exercise is learned not done, it is a foreign conjunction of movements the body was never intended to do. The body was not made to do a bench press. My point is that, exercise is learned just like riding bike, and you can learn some very bad habits by going off trying to learn yourself and potential  hurt yourself. I've been working out for many years and during the time I was getting my certification I learned that about half of the things I was doing was in some way wrong. 

Getting a personal trainer would be best in my opinion, at least for a little while until you know what you have to do on your own. The PR would also help you with your diet... etc.

i will get a trainer soon thanks for all the help guys and how much would a trainer be per month?

Stop doing cardio and start eating more. It looks like you're burning off all your calories that you potentially gain.

You don't workout chest at all besides the pushups. Start using free weights for anything that you don't need a spot for.

Lastly, do less reps at a higher weight if you are trying to gain.

yea i am doing less cardio and starting to work on chest more with DB benching.

Edited by yoyo0