Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NowForPure

Skinny but bulking

14 posts in this topic

That is small, plus it looks like you're squishing your arm against your side. Keep to it though, don't expect a bunch of results in one month.

Edited by madmatt9797

Try to avoid dirty bulking....

Its best to count the calories so you can find out what kind of surplus is best for you. If you're putting on more then 0.5kgs (1lb~) a week, you're eating 2 much and you'll end up looking like a pile of lard. I swear everyone does this and they get fat and just give up.

for example;

Eat 3000 cals a day for a week, weigh yourself on Sunday morning (ALWAYS CHECK WEIGHT WHEN YOU FIRST WAKEUP) if you've put on more then 1lb lower your intake, otherwise increase it until you're putting on weight at the level you want.

Make sure you somehow implement peanut butter in your diet, one table spoon is high in calories and also macronutrients.

I'm skinny as fuck myself, but theres 1 thing that annoys me with every skinny guy trying to grow muscle, they all go for the bicep, in your picture we can clearly see your tricep/bicep are unbalanced, the tricep is about 2/3 of the arm, train that a lot and you'll see improvements.

If you keep on training ur bicep and nothing else, it will look like you have a potato under ur skin, best of luck m8, i too am starting out like you

Its best to count the calories so you can find out what kind of surplus is best for you. If you're putting on more then 0.5kgs (1lb~) a week, you're eating 2 much and you'll end up looking like a pile of lard. I swear everyone does this and they get fat and just give up.

for example;

Eat 3000 cals a day for a week, weigh yourself on Sunday morning (ALWAYS CHECK WEIGHT WHEN YOU FIRST WAKEUP) if you've put on more then 1lb lower your intake, otherwise increase it until you're putting on weight at the level you want.

I am, but I have been trying to eat more to gain weight whilst going to the gym every day... I like getting pumped it's just keeping that muscle there..

I'm hoping to bulk then do some cutting just it's a hard to figure out whats good and whats bad.

Cheers.

I'm skinny as fuck myself, but theres 1 thing that annoys me with every skinny guy trying to grow muscle, they all go for the bicep, in your picture we can clearly see your tricep/bicep are unbalanced, the tricep is about 2/3 of the arm, train that a lot and you'll see improvements.

If you keep on training ur bicep and nothing else, it will look like you have a potato under ur skin, best of luck m8, i too am starting out like you

True, I try to balance it out and train them both, I'm currently curling 15kg easily, not a lot at the moment just want more power in my biceps, I do train my tricep just they're not as visible as biceps are. 

for example;

Weight fluctuates a lot depending on sodium intake etc so 1 week isn't enough to make a fair judgment unless you gain like 5 lbs or something cus then you've obviously been eating too much. Anyways, I used several different calorie calcs and adjusted my calorie intake over the course of 6-7 weeks to find out my maintenance (estimated). 

OP should eat .8-1g protein/lb of bw and .4-.5g of fat/lb of bw and the rest will be carbs. Just try to gain like 5 lbs/month and you should be fine, also remember to eat fruits/vegetables and get 30-60g of fibers/day. Stay safe

Make sure you somehow implement peanut butter in your diet, one table spoon is high in calories and also macronutrients.

Uwotm8

I am, but I have been trying to eat more to gain weight whilst going to the gym every day... I like getting pumped it's just keeping that muscle there..

I'm hoping to bulk then do some cutting just it's a hard to figure out whats good and whats bad.

Cheers.

At the stage your body is at i'd probably recommend just doing heavy compound lifts. Stick to your bench/deaflift/squat until you can lift some serious weight, then start isolation exercises. If you start isolation's to early you're gonna end up with stupid muscle proportions which could lead to serious issues later on(plus you'll look weird).

Stick to a simple 5x5 routine, lift heavy & don't cheat. Make sure your form is right though before moving any serious weight, when you can finish a full 5x5 set with good form, move up in weight. You should see some good strength gains over 6-8 weeks.

as far as the whole cutting/bulking thing goes... just eat at a surplus like I said(try to keep the food as clean as possible, you will notice a serious difference when bulking on clean food compared to dirty foods) . keep at it for 4 odd months. After that rethink your diet routine etc.

No point in over thinking it at this stage really. Just eat good and make sure you hit the gym frequently(but remember your rest days)

Edited by kiwiownage

You could do something like this

Day 1

Squat 5x5

Bench press 5x5

Rows 5x5

Triceps accessory 3x10

Day 2

Deadlift 5x5 (4 ramp up sets)

Overhead press 5x5

Pull-ups 5x5

Biceps accessory 3x10

1 day on 1 day off. You could add 3x10 shrugs on 1 day and 3x10 facepulls on the other day if u want to. After like 1 year of lifting you could change to push/pull/legs or upper/lower. I'm currently on an push/legs/pull/rest/repeat split and this is what I do

Push A
Bench press 5x4-6
Db shoulder press 3x8-10
Incline flies 3x8-10
Triceps extensions 3x8-10

Legs A
Deadlifts 1x4-6 + 2x4-6 speed pulls with 20% off of highest working set
Front squats 3x8-10
Leg curls 3x8-10
Calf raises 3x8-10
Reverse calf raises 3x8-10

Pull A
Pull-ups 5x4-6
Db rows 3x8-10
Facepulls 3x8-10
Bicep curls 3x8-10
Cable crunches 3x10-20
Plank 1xfailure

Push B
OHP 5x4-6
Db incline press 3x8-10
flies 3x8-10
Triceps extensions 3x8-10

Legs B
Squats 5x4-6
Leg press 3x8-10
SLDL 3x8-10
Calf raises 3x8-10
Reverse calf raises 3x8-10

Pull B
Barbell rows 5x4-6
Pull-ups 3x8-10
Facepulls 3x8-10
Bicep curls 3x8-10
Cable crunches 3x10-20
Plank 1xfailure

Push A
Legs A
Pull A
Rest
Push B
Legs B
Pull B
Rest
Repeat

Edited by haerfa

At the stage your body is at i'd probably recommend just doing heavy compound lifts. Stick to your bench/deaflift/squat until you can lift some serious weight, then start isolation exercises. If you start isolation's to early you're gonna end up with stupid muscle proportions which could lead to serious issues later on(plus you'll look weird).

Stick to a simple 5x5 routine, lift heavy & don't cheat. Make sure your form is right though before moving any serious weight, when you can finish a full 5x5 set with good form, move up in weight. You should see some good strength gains over 6-8 weeks.

as far as the whole cutting/bulking thing goes... just eat at a surplus like I said(try to keep the food as clean as possible, you will notice a serious difference when bulking on clean food compared to dirty foods) . keep at it for 4 odd months. After that rethink your diet routine etc.

No point in over thinking it at this stage really. Just eat good and make sure you hit the gym frequently(but remember your rest days)

what would you consider to be an isolation exercise? also for a skinny guy how many days would you recommend going to the gym per week.

Edited by yoyo0

what would you consider to be an isolation exercise? also for a skinny guy how many days would you recommend going to the gym per week.

Every other day/3 days a week on a full body routine

Isolation is just an exercise that only works 1 muscle group, tricep extension etc.

You wana gym as much as your intake allows... you don't wana go 2 much and burn all those calories you've been eating, but ideally you wan't to try and hit every muscle group every 72 hours

there are 3 exercises that will certainly make you grow muscle, it's the bench press, the deadlift and squats (with heavy weights)

this is not that straight forward but the way it kinda works is, low reps with lots of weight, grow muscle, high reps and medium weight, burn fat around the muscle, making it more lean

Also, have you ever tried creatine? it can really help you

Take in consideration im also beginning this is just what I see around, and what i've learned