Welcome to TRiBot Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vancouver

Read this immediately if you use other bot clients

25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Recently another bot client for OSRS had their database compromised. It is advised that you change your passwords immediately for any banking/PayPal/emails/IM clients if you use the same password for multiple websites to prevent anything malicious from happening. Keep your TRiBot account protected!

Thank you,

TRiBot Staff

You're over exaggerating a bit?

You'd only need to change other passwords if you used the same password for multiples services?

The database was leaked (so just change your forum password), not like the client itself was a RAT or something, right?

You'd only need to change other passwords if you used the same password for multiples services?

The database was leaked (so just change your forum password), not like the client itself was a RAT or something, right?

Only the websites database was leaked for both sites.

This is true but I used blanket terms just in case because not everyone uses different passwords for everything. And yes, just the forum passwords were leaked it seems. 

1 person likes this

This is true but I used blanket terms just in case because not everyone uses different passwords for everything. And yes, just the forum passwords were leaked it seems. 

Although for one site an admin was hacked and he did mass message a rat, but he couldn't change the client download link.

Hi everyone,

Recently another bot client (excobot) for RS had their database compromised. It is advised that you change your passwords immediately for banking/PayPal/emails/IM clients if you use the same password for multiple websites to prevent anything malicious from happening. 

Thank you,

TRiBot Staff

See. This is why I use Tribot...

Not only do they never have this stuff happening to them, but they also always bring us these nice announcements to make us all aware of what's going on.

2 people like this

Someone link dreaming this thread.

Don't worry I already knew.

1 person likes this

Never even heard of anything besides Osbot and Tribot. :/ And I stick around here so I'm safe I suppose.

See. This is why I use Tribot...

Not only do they never have this stuff happening to them, but they also always bring us these nice announcements to make us all aware of what's going on.

we had this before, we made some new changes which wouldn't happend(hopefully) again.

what are the two sites?!

My guess is Shadowbot, though I never bot, I'm a part of the anime community there.

Who can I talk to about changing my user name? lol 

tribot is the only client i used and i was hacked today.... so i dont see how it other sites compromised. i havnt downloaded anything since tribot. and never use my ign as forums info. so i dont see how its other sites. feels like a cover.

tribot is the only client i used and i was hacked today.... so i dont see how it other sites compromised. i havnt downloaded anything since tribot. and never use my ign as forums info. so i dont see how its other sites. feels like a cover.

Not a cover at all, the other sites which were compromised originally admitted to it and informed their users, we just made a thread here about it here too to be nice. 

TRiBoT has multiple thousands of users, and there are very few of any hack reports against it, I can assure you that you were hacked by some other program or a phishing link. 

Feel free to list out all scripts which you've used and they can be double checked for security, but the repository already has a built in checker and security  against malicious code. 

Database compromised, passwords stolen.. Implies passwords stored as plaintext? Oh dear..

You guys have a higher standard of security right?

Right. We hold security very seriously and it's our first priority.

1 person likes this